Author Topic: Military Millennials: A Boomer’s perspective  (Read 400 times)

rangerrebew

Military Millennials: A Boomer’s perspective
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:20:26 am »
What does this generation of military service members have to offer?

by RallyPoint
    yesterday at 2:13 pm

U.S. Army photo by Anthony Langley

By PO3 John Aldrich
RallyPoint

As a Baby Boomer, I tend to sit on the fence regarding my views on Millennials, but as one who is also only three years shy of being a Gen X-er; I tend to move easily between the two generations of thought. For example, I generally take a more heterogeneous view on social and cultural diversity, whereas Boomers, especially those born shortly after WWII, tend to have a more homogeneous perspective. I realize that this is the type of stereotyping that goes hand in hand with most generational biases, and someone out there is already disagreeing with me, but that’s okay. Such differences are one of the many things that make our country great.

The majority of today’s active-duty force and veterans are products of the millennial generation, shaped by their environment and combined social experiences. For example, Millennials have experienced the bombing of the World Trade Center, over ten years of war in the Middle East, the housing and banking bubble, and the Great Recession.

https://www.military1.com/military-lifestyle/article/1643297014-military-millennials-a-boomers-perspective/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:21:03 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Military Millennials: A Boomer’s perspective
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:46 pm »
for later.
The Republic is lost.