Author Topic: Unshackled Trump declares war on GOP  (Read 5224 times)

Offline Mom MD

Re: Unshackled Trump declares war on GOP
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2016, 06:50:07 pm »
If you mean Trump would be able to ram through Congress anything wants dictator-like....maybe. But more likely he'd get some stuff through and a lot of stuff held up by Congress. The public, who are not all Republicans, would have a voice in that as well.
But the real damage Trump would do would be his actions as a boorish lout as well as outright ignorance of the constitution and normal rules of protocol on the international scene.
 He'd be literally like a bull in  a china shop. He might not wreck everything, but he'd do a lot of damage. Not just hard damage but damage to the image of the country. For the country to be run by a bozo of his magnitude would diminish the country in the eyes of many people, Americans and foreigners.
As bad as King Barack is perceived here and outside the country, Trump would do bad in a different way.

Not a Trump supporter, but Obama is not ignorant of the constitution, he has just ignored it.  Even when his actions have been ruled unconstitutional he just says so what and presses ahead.  The constitution has become expendable unfortunately as long as the legislative and judicial branch do not enforce it.
God is still in control

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2016, 06:52:21 pm »
This is what an unshackled Trump gets you:

Reuters/Ipsos Generic Ballot (change from last week):
Democrats 46 (+4)
Republicans 36 (-2)

And of course you assume that the polls are correct.

geronl

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2016, 06:53:32 pm »
Not a Trump supporter, but Obama is not ignorant of the constitution, he has just ignored it.  Even when his actions have been ruled unconstitutional he just says so what and presses ahead.  The constitution has become expendable unfortunately as long as the legislative and judicial branch do not enforce it.

Trump has said he would follow Obama's lead on abuse of executive power.

Oceander

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2016, 07:06:57 pm »

The LA Times poll, the one all at TOS follow religiously, just flipped from Trump to Clinton, so now all major polls are aligned. 

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2016, 07:09:52 pm »
The LA Times poll, the one all at TOS follow religiously, just flipped from Trump to Clinton, so now all major polls are aligned.

"All at TOS" don't follow the polls religiously. For example I don't. But you do?

geronl

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2016, 07:22:11 pm »
"All at TOS" don't follow the polls religiously. For example I don't. But you do?

lol.  It was wall to wall polls during the primaries

Wingnut

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2016, 07:39:01 pm »

Would the poll lie?   22222frying pan

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2016, 07:46:24 pm »
lol.  It was wall to wall polls during the primaries

As I said, I was "one" who didn't. And you didn't answer my question. Do you "religiously" follow the polls now?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2016, 07:47:37 pm »
Trump has said he would follow Obama's lead on abuse of executive power.

As will Hillary.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline CSM

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2016, 07:57:10 pm »
What it says about Bill Clinton is that he must have one hell of a poker face....

I see what you did there!  "Poker face!"

:whistle:

geronl

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2016, 07:59:30 pm »
As I said, I was "one" who didn't. And you didn't answer my question. Do you "religiously" follow the polls now?

nope, I really do not care about them. They might be one indicator but it never matters, I don't change my thoughts or opinions based on those. I'm not swayed by Trump or anyone else.

HonestJohn

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2016, 08:01:37 pm »
@montanajoe
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@Oceander

In case you don't know how true your words are:
I worked in politics for 15 years and I have said EVERY election is local - your county or parish is where votes happen - not in rallies.  A candidate must have workers in a county in order to win unless that county is like Montgomery County, Texas where I lived - there, Republicans are about 98% of the county so candidates don't have to go there to get votes, except they all go there because that is ready money to be had.  Even Trump has been there to get money.

Clinton doesn't have to have workers in Montgomery County and others like them because it is a lost cause for Democrats.  However, she has numerous workers in counties across the nation where it counts - Trump does not.  Clinton county workers make sure their voters get registered and get to the poles - they will transport anyone who doesn't have a ride to a poll.  That is grassroots where elections happen - the actual votes being cast.

Trump is not going to spend his money in counties/parishes, he is counting on rallies to elect him.  Maybe that will work for him, if it does, it will be the first time that has happened. 

NO candidate attacks his own party and the leaders in it, but Trump is doing that at this critical time.  His personality disorder rules his life and he has to attack everyone to prove to himself he is better than anyone on earth.  He is a dictator and that is proved by his actions and his like of dictators around the world, including dictators now dead. 

Trump supporters want a dictator and they have no insight about the future they will have with a dictator as president.  They think they are safe because he is THEIR dictator.  What they don't realize is, Trump doesn't know them from jack, and he doesn't care about them.  They are pawns to him to get him where he wants to be.  They will suffer from him just as every other citizen will.  Citizens elected Hitler, thinking he would set their country right as it was in chaos at the time.  A dictator has no soul, he dictates what he and only he wants.  When the citizens of Germany saw what they had wrought, they couldn't go back and fix it.  That is what will happen here if Trump is elected - it can't be fixed for four years if the country is still working at that time.  I expect he will cause a nuclear war and there may not be elections anymore if the country can't function.

Trump dictator wants to jail Clinton.  He also wants to jail reporters who speak ill of him.  He would jail the judge whose parents came from Mexico.  He would jail Mike Pence if he had a different opinion than Trump.  He would jail any Trump supporter who changed his/her mind about him.

In my opinion, Trump is an eliminator to all people not in his immediate circle and those people are also subject to elimination. 

Will our US House and Senate be strong enough to impeach him and remove him from office when it becomes necessary?  That is an unanswered question.

goopo

Offline r9etb

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2016, 08:52:01 pm »
I see what you did there!  "Poker face!"

:whistle:

:tongue2:

Online goatprairie

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2016, 02:25:16 pm »
Like they say, two wrong don't make a right. By supporting Trump's own unconstitutional actions we'd be just as bad as the Obamatons. And that would make two areas conservative Republicans could never berate Dems for in the future:  sexual depravity/immorality in the chief executive and avoidance/shunning of the constitution.