Author Topic: Unshackled Trump declares war on GOP  (Read 5223 times)

Oceander

Re: Unshackled Trump declares war on GOP
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 12:44:45 pm »
After Trump loses we'll get the "we were stabbed in the back" dirge from Trump and the Trump faithful. None of them will look in the mirror or at the prime cause of his defeat...i.e. Trump himself. He was a predictable disaster.
 In fact, many people predicted at the start of the primaries exactly what is happening now. He would get a little close to an equally horrible candidate, and then his opponent would release the gigantic supply of incriminating video and audio that would expose the totally corrupt and sleazy Trump for the toad he is. All of this could have been avoided.
 If the big shots in the party don't set up guidelines to prevent  idiots like Trump from destroying the party (might be too late), they will undergo this tragedy in the future. The slogan should be "NO MORE TRUMPS."

The "stabbed in the back" myth has a long and, shall we say, colorful, history:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth

That being said, it simply reinforces certain historical analogies that we are not supposed to mention in polite company.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »
He can't seem to face up to the facts.
He's tense and nervous and he can't relax.

Sounds like a meth-head.

geronl

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 12:48:37 pm »
Yes, and they are in deep denial. They only look at that one poll (LA Times) that has been showing Trump with a lead, and now even that one has Trump down. Anyone who posts any of the other polls is labeled a "concern troll". I have no doubt that when Trump gets shellaced on Nov 8, they will be blaming election fraud, GOP establishment, and #NeverTrump. They'll never admit to themselves that Trump was a phenomenally bad choice.

anyone posting a poll showing Trump behind might be banned

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 12:48:59 pm »
The "big shots" were in on it (Boehner & McConnell).  I've seen no reason to think they're not still on board with a similar future hostile takeover, in fact.  Which is why I've decided to not vote Republican this year.  They've sold us out yet again.  And I've had it.

100% spot on.
The problem is the GOP Party.  And for that statement, I have earned my 3 suspension from FR and it's Trump only echo dome.  I have left the GOP for the Constitution Party and will be supporting Castle this year as well.

Wingnut

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 02:20:42 pm »
LOL! That's the first thing that popped into my mind too...  888high58888

He can't seem to face up to the facts.
He's tense and nervous and he can't relax.

You start a conversation you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything

Offline r9etb

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 02:34:08 pm »
The problem is the GOP Party. 

An interesting comment. 

As if you're saying that the "GOP Party" were somehow separate from the people who support its candidates.

And that's probably exactly what has happened.  Like the way people view government, political parties have become something to watch, and to support if the mood strikes, but not something over which we (normal people) have control at any meaningful level.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 03:27:55 pm »
Yeah, that sure is a winning strategy.  /s

More and more proof coming daily, that Trump's sole intentional intent from the beginning was to destroy the GOP..

Trump was always a  Trojan Horse.   I said it Day 1 at TOS, and I am saying it now.

The one question Trump supporters never quite answer:

2 weeks before he announced he was running as the REPUBLICAN nominee, he met with a politician who ran for President.

Was it GHWB, Dole, GWB, McCain, or Romney?

No, 2 weeks before announcing, he met with Bill Clinton.

So the question that never has been answered is:

Why did you meet with Bill Clinton 2 weeks before announcing that you would be running as the REPUBLICAN nominee?

I'd love to hear the explanation, especially now that the Trump campaign has called for people voting for him to pick democrats over republicans in the down ballot races.

A Stalking Horse all along.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 04:06:49 pm »
The "stabbed in the back" myth has a long and, shall we say, colorful, history:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth

That being said, it simply reinforces certain historical analogies that we are not supposed to mention in polite company.
Very interesting. That would explain the whispers blaming the dreaded evil neocons.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 04:21:58 pm »
Very interesting. That would explain the whispers blaming the dreaded evil neocons.

Oh, yeah.  Actually, a lot of people both for and against Trump are rolling out all of the tired old boogie-men -- "GOPe," and "establishment" being also popular.  There is one spot of good news, however: the tried-and-true "RINO" seems to have been left in the closet this time around.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 04:49:38 pm »
An interesting comment. 

As if you're saying that the "GOP Party" were somehow separate from the people who support its candidates.

And that's probably exactly what has happened.  Like the way people view government, political parties have become something to watch, and to support if the mood strikes, but not something over which we (normal people) have control at any meaningful level.

Towards your comment about having control....
I was a GOP operative in Colorado and STRONGLY support the current caucus system that we have in place.  When the Trump followers found out that the caucus resulted in their candidate not receiving a single vote, they went crazy assaulting the system that the LOCAL GOP party had put in place.  When I explained why Colorado as a party did away with the primary (it was controlled by party bosses) and explained why we put in the caucus system (to support grass roots control over the state party); I was criticized as being some kind of GOPe supporter.

The lesson that I have learned is that I as a conservative will always be the villain regardless of my actions who I support or even how I go about accomplishing the advancement of conservative principles.  Even working to put the grass roots in charge of the state party is not good enough.  All must bow to the wishes of the party.  That is when I learned that the problem is the party, and changed my affiliation.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 05:12:55 pm »
Wonder if he will be unshackled enough to spend his own money.. :pondering:
@montanajoe
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@Oceander

In case you don't know how true your words are:
I worked in politics for 15 years and I have said EVERY election is local - your county or parish is where votes happen - not in rallies.  A candidate must have workers in a county in order to win unless that county is like Montgomery County, Texas where I lived - there, Republicans are about 98% of the county so candidates don't have to go there to get votes, except they all go there because that is ready money to be had.  Even Trump has been there to get money.

Clinton doesn't have to have workers in Montgomery County and others like them because it is a lost cause for Democrats.  However, she has numerous workers in counties across the nation where it counts - Trump does not.  Clinton county workers make sure their voters get registered and get to the poles - they will transport anyone who doesn't have a ride to a poll.  That is grassroots where elections happen - the actual votes being cast.

Trump is not going to spend his money in counties/parishes, he is counting on rallies to elect him.  Maybe that will work for him, if it does, it will be the first time that has happened. 

NO candidate attacks his own party and the leaders in it, but Trump is doing that at this critical time.  His personality disorder rules his life and he has to attack everyone to prove to himself he is better than anyone on earth.  He is a dictator and that is proved by his actions and his like of dictators around the world, including dictators now dead. 

Trump supporters want a dictator and they have no insight about the future they will have with a dictator as president.  They think they are safe because he is THEIR dictator.  What they don't realize is, Trump doesn't know them from jack, and he doesn't care about them.  They are pawns to him to get him where he wants to be.  They will suffer from him just as every other citizen will.  Citizens elected Hitler, thinking he would set their country right as it was in chaos at the time.  A dictator has no soul, he dictates what he and only he wants.  When the citizens of Germany saw what they had wrought, they couldn't go back and fix it.  That is what will happen here if Trump is elected - it can't be fixed for four years if the country is still working at that time.  I expect he will cause a nuclear war and there may not be elections anymore if the country can't function.

Trump dictator wants to jail Clinton.  He also wants to jail reporters who speak ill of him.  He would jail the judge whose parents came from Mexico.  He would jail Mike Pence if he had a different opinion than Trump.  He would jail any Trump supporter who changed his/her mind about him.

In my opinion, Trump is an eliminator to all people not in his immediate circle and those people are also subject to elimination. 

Will our US House and Senate be strong enough to impeach him and remove him from office when it becomes necessary?  That is an unanswered question.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2016, 05:16:50 pm »
In case you don't know how true your words are:
I worked in politics for 15 years and I have said EVERY election is local - your county or parish is where votes happen - not in rallies.  A candidate must have workers in a county in order to win unless that county is like Montgomery County, Texas where I lived - there, Republicans are about 98% of the county so candidates don't have to go there to get votes, except they all go there because that is ready money to be had.  Even Trump has been there to get money.

Clinton doesn't have to have workers in Montgomery County and others like them because it is a lost cause for Democrats.  However, she has numerous workers in counties across the nation where it counts - Trump does not.  Clinton county workers make sure their voters get registered and get to the poles - they will transport anyone who doesn't have a ride to a poll.  That is grassroots where elections happen - the actual votes being cast.

Trump is not going to spend his money in counties/parishes, he is counting on rallies to elect him.  Maybe that will work for him, if it does, it will be the first time that has happened. 

NO candidate attacks his own party and the leaders in it, but Trump is doing that at this critical time.  His personality disorder rules his life and he has to attack everyone to prove to himself he is better than anyone on earth.  He is a dictator and that is proved by his actions and his like of dictators around the world, including dictators now dead. 

Trump supporters want a dictator and they have no insight about the future they will have with a dictator as president.  They think they are safe because he is THEIR dictator.  What they don't realize is, Trump doesn't know them from jack, and he doesn't care about them.  They are pawns to him to get him where he wants to be.  They will suffer from him just as every other citizen will.  Citizens elected Hitler, thinking he would set their country right as it was in chaos at the time.  A dictator has no soul, he dictates what he and only he wants.  When the citizens of Germany saw what they had wrought, they couldn't go back and fix it.  That is what will happen here if Trump is elected - it can't be fixed for four years if the country is still working at that time.  I expect he will cause a nuclear war and there may not be elections anymore if the country can't function.

Trump dictator wants to jail Clinton.  He also wants to jail reporters who speak ill of him.  He would jail the judge whose parents came from Mexico.  He would jail Mike Pence if he had a different opinion than Trump.  He would jail any Trump supporter who changed his/her mind about him.

In my opinion, Trump is an eliminator to all people not in his immediate circle and those people are also subject to elimination. 

Will our US House and Senate be strong enough to impeach him and remove him from office when it becomes necessary?  That is an unanswered question.

Truly an outstanding post.  Worth re-posting in full. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2016, 05:20:25 pm »
The one question Trump supporters never quite answer:

2 weeks before he announced he was running as the REPUBLICAN nominee, he met with a politician who ran for President.

Was it GHWB, Dole, GWB, McCain, or Romney?

No, 2 weeks before announcing, he met with Bill Clinton.

So the question that never has been answered is:

Why did you meet with Bill Clinton 2 weeks before announcing that you would be running as the REPUBLICAN nominee?

I'd love to hear the explanation, especially now that the Trump campaign has called for people voting for him to pick democrats over republicans in the down ballot races.

A Stalking Horse all along.

It doesn't make him a deliberate stalking horse.  He's got a gigantic ego, and maybe just decided to bounce the idea of running off his buddy Bill.  Bill figured "I can't believe we might be lucky enough to have this idiot win", so told Trump to go for it.

That doesn't mean that Trump entered the race for the purpose of losing.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2016, 05:20:51 pm »
Truly an outstanding post.  Worth re-posting in full.
Agree. Spot on analysis deserves its own thread @Victoria33
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2016, 05:24:02 pm »
It doesn't make him a deliberate stalking horse.  He's got a gigantic ego, and maybe just decided to bounce the idea of running off his buddy Bill.  Bill figured "I can't believe we might be lucky enough to have this idiot win", so told Trump to go for it.

That doesn't mean that Trump entered the race for the purpose of losing.

Agreed.  As part of deciding to run for real, Trump would have gone to somebody he knows and likes, and who has actually done it.

What it says about Bill Clinton is that he must have one hell of a poker face....

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 05:32:50 pm »
Agree. Spot on analysis deserves its own thread @Victoria33
@Indaho_Cowboy
@mystery-ak
That would be up to @mystery-ak.  It might be too strong for Trump supporters here, but I wish they would consider the future outcome if Trump wins.  I think they can't see the forest for the trees.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2016, 05:33:23 pm »
Agreed.  As part of deciding to run for real, Trump would have gone to somebody he knows and likes, and who has actually done it.

What it says about Bill Clinton is that he must have one hell of a poker face....

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I just thought of something that may bring it all together.

FBI Files

I can only imagine whey have on Trump, from mafia ties to his visits to pedophile island. Hillary is known to use these to get her way..

...just food for thought..

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »
@Indaho_Cowboy
@mystery-ak
That would be up to @mystery-ak.  It might be too strong for Trump supporters here, but I wish they would consider the future outcome if Trump wins.  I think they can't see the forest for the trees.

Please do write this up as your own article in the From Our Members section if you feel like it. We need more unique content from our members.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 05:40:37 pm »
Not that there are any anti-Semites who are some of Trump's strongest supporters.   :whistle:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 05:41:02 pm »
@Victoria33

I've been hesitant to to personally equate Trump to the various dictators. But I find the reactions of some of his supporters quite disturbing.

I've once thought that a political cult of personality could not arise in this Country on a large scale. Sure there have always been those on the fringes of society but for the most part they were simply recognized as nuts.  What I find extraordinary is that so many otherwise normal people who have been life long Conservatives and Christians priding themselves on logical thinking could have suddenly seeming lost their senses and are reacting to Trump from pure emotion.

Because I have spent so much time outside of the country and have seen how the rest of the world perceives the United States and its losing fight in the  WOT I have often thought denial of reality is how many in Germany must have felt in the last years  of the war. I'm mow beginning to understand how many must have felt in early 1930's Germany.....

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 05:54:15 pm »
@Victoria33
Because I have spent so much time outside of the country and have seen how the rest of the world perceives the United States and its losing fight in the  WOT I have often thought denial of reality is how many in Germany must have felt in the last years  of the war. I'm mow beginning to understand how many must have felt in early 1930's Germany.....
@montanajoe

History has shown when a country is in serious trouble, the citizens choose a dictator and instead of getting better, the country gets worse.  This is what is about to happen if Trump wins. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 05:56:31 pm »
This is what an unshackled Trump gets you:

Reuters/Ipsos Generic Ballot (change from last week):
Democrats 46 (+4)
Republicans 36 (-2)
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 06:12:36 pm »
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

Misguided old mule
With your pigheaded rules
With your narrow-minded cronies who are fools of the first division-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVpk0qxmfA
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline r9etb

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2016, 06:16:56 pm »
History has shown when a country is in serious trouble, the citizens choose a dictator and instead of getting better, the country gets worse.  This is what is about to happen if Trump wins.

Not quite so, in the US.  Rather, historically we have muddled through crises with the administration on-hand, and afterwards almost invariably elected the generals who have led (or are perceived to have led) us through the crisis.  This has had spotty success (Jackson and Grant to the bad, Washington and Eisenhower to the good), but it has never meant dictatorship.

This time around, we're headed for a crisis no matter who wins.  Hillary's disastrous term as Secretary of State is predictive of her foreign policy as president.  On that: Hillary Clinton was essentially passive on matters of foreign policy, which was instead solely inspired and directed by our sophomoric president.  Clinton's passivity in the face of obviously bad decisions then, is likely to be matched by passivity in the face of the consequences of those decisions, which are going to come to fruition during the next administration.

Somebody will rise to the top during the mess to come, and that person will most likely end up as president, not dictator.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:18:05 pm by r9etb »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2016, 06:46:50 pm »
@Indaho_Cowboy
@mystery-ak
If you mean Trump would be able to ram through Congress anything wants dictator-like....maybe. But more likely he'd get some stuff through and a lot of stuff held up by Congress. The public, who are not all Republicans, would have a voice in that as well.
But the real damage Trump would do would be his actions as a boorish lout as well as outright ignorance of the constitution and normal rules of protocol on the international scene.
 He'd be literally like a bull in  a china shop. He might not wreck everything, but he'd do a lot of damage. Not just hard damage but damage to the image of the country. For the country to be run by a bozo of his magnitude would diminish the country in the eyes of many people, Americans and foreigners.
As bad as King Barack is perceived here and outside the country, Trump would do bad in a different way.