Author Topic: CBS, NBC Hype 'GOP Civil War,' Predict Loss of House and Senate  (Read 618 times)

HAPPY2BME

CBS, NBC Hype 'GOP Civil War,' Predict Loss of House and Senate
« on: October 11, 2016, 03:17:33 pm »
By Nicholas Fondacaro | October 11, 2016

But according the CBS’s Julianna Goldman that is far from reality, “One group that is sticking by Trump is the Republican National Committee, which also said today that it will still provide money and other resources to the Republican nominee.” But Goldman’s CBS Evening News report hyped the “GOP civil war” just as much as Jackson’s.

Goldman seemed almost excited as she went into detail about how little Democrats needed to do to win back control of both Congressional chambers. “Democrats need 30 seats to take control of the House and just five seats to win back the Senate,” she said, ignoring the historical difficulty of taking a seat from an incumbent Senator.

The CBS reporter touted how Democrats were pouncing and running ads attacking Republicans for not ditching Trump sooner. She even went so far as to showcase an ad against Ohio Republican Senator Rob Portman crafted by his opponent Ted Strickland. “Where did you stand on Joe McCarthy? George Wallace? This is one of those moments,” the ad said, “History will judge Rob Portman a coward,” far from an impartial reporting of the ad campaign.

It is one thing to report that there is discontent within a party, but it’s another thing to take pleasure in it. It is clear that the liberal networks take pleasure in the GOP’s infighting because this is not how they report on Hillary Clinton’s struggle to lasso Bernie Sanders’ supporters.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2016/10/11/cbs-nbc-hype-gop-civil-war-predict-loss-house-and-senate

HAPPY2BME

Re: CBS, NBC Hype 'GOP Civil War,' Predict Loss of House and Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 03:17:56 pm »
any CBS employees working here?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 03:18:24 pm »
The Senate maybe. Or their majority reduced.

The House will stay in GOP hands
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 03:20:55 pm »
RCP has the No Toss ups map with the GOP keeping with Senate, for the moment.

HOR shows that even if the GOP lost every toss up seat, they would still retain the majority.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 03:23:00 pm »
If Trump loses to Hillary, even in a landslide, but GOP keeps Senate, I will be a very happy man.

All things being equal, if the race is strictly Trump v. Clinton I would prefer Trump just for the USSC seats.

Trump is a scumbag but maybe we could primary him out in 2020 depending.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »
If Trump loses to Hillary, even in a landslide, but GOP keeps Senate, I will be a very happy man.

All things being equal, if the race is strictly Trump v. Clinton I would prefer Trump just for the USSC seats.

Trump is a scumbag but maybe we could primary him out in 2020 depending.

=================================

You are growing some balls.  Good to see.