Author Topic: Trump’s truest believers start to worry: ‘You could easily lose this election’  (Read 3467 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The morning after the vice-presidential debate, Cathy Frasca woke at 5 a.m. and hand-wrote a four-page letter to Donald Trump that said: “It is obvious that you could easily lose this election.”

The 89-year-old grandmother urged Trump to release his taxes, ignore the controversies that Hillary Clinton tries to start, stop tweeting at 3 a.m. and remember that “Bill Clinton is not running for election, so please avoid using precious time to discuss his sex life.” Instead, Frasca wrote, Trump should tell voters about how he will improve the country....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-truest-believers-start-to-worry-you-could-easily-lose-this-election/2016/10/10/0b964658-8f20-11e6-a6a3-d50061aa9fae_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trump-0745pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Online LMAO

Ya think?

I can't say for sure if any of the other candidates in the primary would have won this election. But I can say,barring some major event, Trump is going to lose this Nov
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Wingnut

Online ScottinVA

Not "could," but "will."

This election is over.  The only question left standing is: "how many downticket candidates will Trump take down with him?"

That phone call from Bill Clinton urging Trump to "run" is the most profitable ever for the Clintons.

Offline ABX

Not "could," but "will."

This election is over.  The only question left standing is: "how many downticket candidates will Trump take down with him?"

That phone call from Bill Clinton urging Trump to "run" is the most profitable ever for the Clintons.

And as a reminder, the recent Podesta Wikileaks emails exposed that the Democrats were working to push Trump as the nominee because he was Hillary's preferred candidate and they said, the only one she could beat.

The leaks show they started pushing for Trump April 2015, months before he declared.

They had the Trump campaigned planned to suit their needs.

Supporting Trump literally was supporting Hillary, not even in a figurative sense.

Wingnut

And as a reminder, the recent Podesta Wikileaks emails exposed that the Democrats were working to push Trump as the nominee because he was Hillary's preferred candidate and they said, the only one she could beat.

The leaks show they started pushing for Trump April 2015, months before he declared.

Supporting Trump literally was supporting Hillary, not even in a figurative sense.

They played him like they did Bob Barr.

Offline ABX

They played him like they did Bob Barr.

The question now is how willing of a participant was he?

Wingnut

Barr was duped.  Trump?   Yeah good question.   What did Trump know and when did he know it?

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Barr was duped.  Trump?   Yeah good question.   What did Trump know and when did he know it?

Originally I was leaning toward he was a willing participant but now I'm more convinced that he was a stooge all along.  The Clinton's knew they could rely on his YUGE ego to get mired in defense of his "honer" (sic.) The bigly amount of dirt they have to sling at him should guarantee Hillary the election.

However, I do believe they gave him an end game in all of this.  I'm sure there is a TRUMP® brand "golden parachute" of some sort when he loses.

Wingnut

Originally I was leaning toward he was a willing participant but now I'm more convinced that he was a stooge all along.  The Clinton's knew they could rely on his YUGE ego to get mired in defense of his "honer" (sic.) The bigly amount of dirt they have to sling at him should guarantee Hillary the election.

However, I do believe they gave him an end game in all of this.  I'm sure there is a TRUMP® brand "golden parachute" of some sort when he loses.

I got agree with the "Stooge" part also.   He has never been a critical thinker.

Online ScottinVA

Probably quite willing, considering he announced a mere two weeks after that phone call from Bubba.

Online libertybele

Why oh why didn't the bleep listen??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

Probably quite willing, considering he announced a mere two weeks after that phone call from Bubba.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Bill Clinton showed him a way to "fix" Trump's current problems with the IRS.

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, though I have been to the back gate of Area 51.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, though I have been to the back gate of Area 51.

****slapping

Snap out of it man!  Get back on your meds>   :laugh: ^-^ :blank:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:35:45 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
At the end of the first debate, the moderator asked Trump something like "Are you ready to accept your opponent as President if she wins?" (he did ask the same of Hillary re: Trump as Prez). I thought it was odd how quickly Trump said he would. To me that gave the impression that he couldn't wait for the whole thing to be over and didn't care so much about being President.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:43:28 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline bilo

Why oh why didn't the bleep listen??

I think a couple of things happened. Trump supporters are so angry at the destruction of the middle class and the failure of the Pubs to represent them that they supported the candidate who best reflected their anger. Once they made this emotional decision any and all responses to Trump criticism were dealt with on an emotional level. Additionally, Trump supporters figured that even though the candidate they emotionally attached themselves to attacked all his primary opponents on a personal level all the supporters of these other candidates would rally around their guy.

IOW, they didn't listen because they couldn't hear the legitimate criticism of Trump. They made an emotional decision and any criticism of him was a personal attack on them. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I think a couple of things happened. Trump supporters are so angry at the destruction of the middle class and the failure of the Pubs to represent them that they supported the candidate who best reflected their anger. Once they made this emotional decision any and all responses to Trump criticism were dealt with on an emotional level. Additionally, Trump supporters figured that even though the candidate they emotionally attached themselves to attacked all his primary opponents on a personal level all the supporters of these other candidates would rally around their guy.

IOW, they didn't listen because they couldn't hear the legitimate criticism of Trump. They made an emotional decision and any criticism of him was a personal attack on them.

Agreed with this. Their love of Trump is emotional only. No logic whatsoever.

Spending money based on emotions alone is a huge mistake and so are political decisions IMO.

And we will all pay the price.

Offline Night Hides Not

Agreed with this. Their love of Trump is emotional only. No logic whatsoever.

Spending money based on emotions alone is a huge mistake and so are political decisions IMO.

And we will all pay the price.

Exhibit A:  FreeRepublic
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bolobaby

@Wingnut

It's not Trump who jumped the shark - he *is* the shark.

It's the dumbass primary voters who put him where he is. THEY jumped the shark.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
@Wingnut

Good point!

Wingnut

@Wingnut

Okay! LOL.  Then we have the 1st evar occasion where a shark jumps himself!  Only Trump!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I've never thought Trump was a willing participant.  His ego would not allow that.  But the fact that he is a stooge is easy to believe.  He falls immediately for anyone who compliments or praises him.  He is  mega easy to manipulate and it would be so easy to do that if he were president.

He has now guaranteed that he will not be and we're stuck with Clinton.

Nice job, trumpers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Stooge of the Dems,  stooge of the Russians . . . my God, how have so many people been fooled by this man?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This 'stooge' quality of Trump, along with his massive ego and insecurity are the qualities that cause me to believe he would not be better than Hillary.

These qualities make him a clear and present danger to the country.

We can withstand 4 years of Hillary.  It will be bad but not fatal.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...