Author Topic: More #Wikileaks Revelations Confirming Trump was Hillary's Choice Opponent  (Read 2209 times)

geronl

Re: More #Wikileaks Revelations Confirming Trump was Hillary's Choice Opponent
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 12:29:22 pm »
I agree with you.  What I'm saying is that those who are trying to equate a vote for Trump in the primary (which helped Hillary) to a vote for Trump in the general election (which clearly does not) are making a nonsensical argument, and being deliberately dishonest.

Trump was never going to win the general election. The man is low-life scum. He is the antithesis of conservatism, he is everything that Christian conservatives loathe. They knew he was less likable than Hillary. Team Hillary knew this from the start. I do not think they knew how effective he would be for the Democrats when they baited him into running, I am sure he has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 01:27:57 pm »
I loved Carly.  I think she had, by far, the clearest understanding of how the regulatory state is killing this country, and would have been outstanding at either position on the ticket.  She clearly put in a ton of work in getting up to speed on foreign policy, and that kind of diligence and attention to detail would have served us well.

Cruz/Fiorina would have been fantastic.

Yes, it would have.  Makes me sad to think about what could have been.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 01:35:36 pm »
Trump was never going to win the general election. The man is low-life scum. He is the antithesis of conservatism, he is everything that Christian conservatives loathe. They knew he was less likable than Hillary. Team Hillary knew this from the start. I do not think they knew how effective he would be for the Democrats when they baited him into running, I am sure he has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Again, I don't disagree with any of that.  Having Trump win the primary was their plan all along, which is why their cohorts hung onto that tape until after the Convention.  But that still doesn't mean that voting for Trump in the general election is part of their plan.  In fact, their plan is that people won't vote for him in the general election.

So when people say "voting for Trump in November is just giving Hillary what she wants", it's absurd.

I don't know how to make the point any more plain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 01:54:39 pm »
Again, I don't disagree with any of that.  Having Trump win the primary was their plan all along, which is why their cohorts hung onto that tape until after the Convention.  But that still doesn't mean that voting for Trump in the general election is part of their plan.  In fact, their plan is that people won't vote for him in the general election.

So when people say "voting for Trump in November is just giving Hillary what she wants", it's absurd.

I don't know how to make the point any more plain.

You're right. That is an absurd statement.

Tne whole discussion however is sadly irrelevant since the actual truest statement that can be made is that every vote cast for Trump in the primaries was in fact a vote to elect Hillary in the general.

These emails simply point out the fact that the only people who didn't know this were Trump's supporters.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 03:43:24 pm »

And now:

This weekend, after Republicans began deserting Trump in droves in order to contain the Stand-like political infection he’s unleashed, Trump began actively undermining Republican chances in Congress. First, he tweeted, “So many self-righteous hypocrites. Watch their poll numbers — and elections — go down!” This was an open call to his supporters to unleash their wrath against vulnerable Republicans in tight races — to get Democrats elected, in other words.

This was the plan from day one, after Trump's meeting with Bill Clinton 2 weeks before he announced he was running.

I am now convinced of this more than ever.