Author Topic: Trump raises Chappaquiddick in anti-Clinton tirade  (Read 1747 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump raises Chappaquiddick in anti-Clinton tirade
« on: October 10, 2016, 11:18:29 pm »
October 10, 2016, 05:05 pm
Trump raises Chappaquiddick in anti-Clinton tirade

By Jonathan Easley

Donald Trump savaged Hillary Clinton as an enabler of former President Bill Clinton’s alleged sexual crimes and raised former Sen. Edward Kennedy’s Chappaquiddick scandal to argue that the media is seeking to cover up the Clinton family’s misdeeds.

Speaking at a rally in Pennsylvania on Monday, Trump called Bill Clinton a “predator” and accused Hillary Clinton of making it “possible for him to take advantage of even more women.”

“Bill Clinton was the worst abuser of women ever to sit in the Oval Office,” Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, said. “He was a predator. Hillary Clinton systematically attacked and discredited the victims of Bill Clinton’s sexual harassment and assault.”

“For decades, Hillary Clinton has been deeply familiar with her husband’s predatory behavior and instead of trying to stop it, she made it possible for him to take advantage of even more women,” Trump continued. “She put even more women in harms way. Then she says she loves women. … She’s a total hypocrite.”

Reading from a teleprompter, Trump then raised the decades-old Chappaquiddick incident involving Kennedy to argue that the media is complicit in hiding the Clinton’s crimes.

In 1969, Kennedy crashed his car into a lake and then fled the scene. A passenger in the car, Mary Jo Kopechne, died in the accident. Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of the accident.

“The hypocrites in the media don’t want to talk about what Hillary Clinton has done to these victims,” Trump said. “They don’t want to talk about what their political heroes have done to other women. People like Kennedy, Chappaquiddick — we remember that.”

“Driving his car into a pond,” Trump continued. “Instead of calling the police, possibly saving her life, in fact almost definitely being able to save her life, he went home and went to sleep, did not report the incident to the police for 12 hours, yet he was hailed a hero.”

Trump is vowing to keep Bill Clinton’s rape accusers front-and-center for the final month of the presidential race as he seeks to stop the bleeding from the video footage of obscene remarks he made in 2005 that have rocked his campaign.

Just ahead of Sunday night’s presidential debate, Trump held an impromptu press conference featuring three of those women: Paula Jones, Juanita Broadrrick and Kathleen Willey.

A fourth woman, Kathleen Shelton, was also on hand. Hillary Clinton, now the Democratic presidential nominee, had been appointed to defend the man accused of raping Shelton when she was 12. The man pleaded to a lesser charge.

Trump said he’d continue to highlight the stories of those women until the Clinton campaign stops attacking him for having made lewd comments.

“If they want to release more tapes saying inappropriate things, we’ll continue to talk about Bill and Hillary Clinton doing inappropriate things,” Trump said. “There are so many of them, folks.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/300286-trump-raises-chappaquiddick-in-anti-clinton-tirade
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump raises Chappaquiddick in anti-Clinton tirade
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:30:25 pm »
Trump, talking about sexually abusing women, trashing Bill Clinton for sexually abusing women.

Hollow.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:19:57 am »
Trump, talking about sexually abusing women, trashing Bill Clinton for sexually abusing women.

Hollow.

He will focus on this for the next several weeks.

Besides, what does Chappaquiddick have to do with this election?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 12:21:32 am »

Passive-aggressive Trump calling the Clintons murders???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:35:56 am »
While he's at it, maybe he can bring up the fact that Andrew Jackson killed a man in a duel
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 12:38:57 am »

Trump can't swim.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 01:00:36 am »
what does Chappaquiddick have to do with this election?

Indeed, what does decades of media compliance with Democrat scandals and coverups have to do with this election? :pondering:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 01:05:23 am »
If anyone should have brought up Chappaquiddick, it should have been Romney when he ran against the Swimmer.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 02:05:00 am »
Indeed, what does decades of media compliance with Democrat scandals and coverups have to do with this election? :pondering:

Except the media didn't cover it up at the time.

Trumpers act as if Trump is the first GOP candidate to face a biased media

Barry Goldwater

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 02:30:34 am »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 06:19:20 am »

As a former Republican...there are few rat heroes who make my blood boil more than Ted the swimmer.  Kathy Shelton's rape by the justice system and Hitlery makes me see red.  Trump is on to something here.

I could only wish Romney, and McCain had the balls to talk about these issues.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 06:29:23 am »

Obama raped those women Slick attacked? Man. It's a sick world out there and getting sicker.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 11:42:33 am »
As a former Republican...there are few rat heroes who make my blood boil more than Ted the swimmer.  Kathy Shelton's rape by the justice system and Hitlery makes me see red.  Trump is on to something here.

I agree.  Except as a female I believe Trump is merely trying to distract from his own character faults - as opposed to advocating for justice for the women you have named.  (As a women I am also grateful for your advocacy.)

It sounds like my kids when they were young.  Chastise my son for hitting his sister he would say "she hit me first".  Chastise Trump for his mistreatment of women and he says "Bill Clinton did it first".
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 11:54:32 am »
I dunno.

The "so's yer ol' man" strategy may work, but i have my doubts.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 11:59:08 am »
Donald Trump savaged Hillary Clinton as an enabler of former President Bill Clinton’s alleged sexual crimes

Trump also defended Bill C and trashed those accusers, right up until he ran for President

Offline Longmire

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 12:10:55 pm »
Except the media didn't cover it up at the time.

Chappaquiddick was a massive coverup and the yes media was compliant in their coverage and pursuit of the story.

People forget that this tragic incident took place in July 1969 roughly a year after the second Kennedy brother was shot and killed.