Author Topic: 'Today' show addresses Billy Bush suspension on the air  (Read 2744 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Today' show addresses Billy Bush suspension on the air
« on: October 10, 2016, 04:47:50 pm »
'Today' show addresses Billy Bush suspension on the air
Published October 10, 2016 FoxNews.com
'

Bright and early Monday morning, “Today” host Savannah Guthrie read an NBC statement regarding the suspension of host Billy Bush, following the release of a tape in which Bush is heard discussing women using lewd language alongside GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/10/10/today-show-addresses-billy-bush-suspension-on-air.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: 'Today' show addresses Billy Bush suspension on the air
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »
What did Billy do to deserve this? Utter nonsense. This was Donny going off on this crap.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 04:52:13 pm »
If Bush didn't tell anybody about this conversation,  he deserves a suspension.

Bosses don't like surprises.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:54:52 pm »
Billy "took one for the team."

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 05:11:57 pm »
What!?! No respectful delay-before-acting or announcement-of-tacit-support-with-kudos-for-all-of-his, "great contributions"!?! No dismissive, oh-alright-we'll-investigate-it-if-you-people-are-so-mean-spirited-that-you're-going-to-make-a-big-deal-out-of-nothing statements, sighing that they were "investigating the matter," as they (heavy sigh) do "all such matters because they take them very seriously?" Gee, what a surprise. Leaving a Bush to twist in the wind with a fellow non-Crat.

One might think that mendacity and bald-faced character-assassination from the NBC staff, which has become a recurring theme with NBC News / MSNBC on-air personalities more times than I can easily recall recently*, would be taken more seriously than off-mic indiscretions.

Each time another offense-that-should-never-have-happened (nod nod wink wink) occurs, NBC spokesholes issue their standard boiler-plate non-apology apology which is more-equivalent to the Hebrew, "selah," which denotes the ending of one musical phrase and the start of another, roughly translating to, "And so, moving right along..."

*Such as the way they have taken to editing recorded statements in order to make the principles look badly, such as how they edited George Zimmerman's 9-11 call to make him appear to be a racist.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:25:57 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 05:12:28 pm »
Somebody is going to write Billy a nice big check for all of his troubles.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 05:21:06 pm »
If Bush didn't tell anybody about this conversation,  he deserves a suspension.

Bosses don't like surprises.

Baloney. Bush wasn't even working for NBC 12 years ago when this happened. It also was not an official interview. It was a hot mic in a trailer. The only reason this stuff is leaking is because of the election.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 06:49:20 pm »
NBC San Diego
10/10/16

NBC on Sunday suspended "Today" show personality Billy Bush indefinitely after he was caught on a videotape from 2005 in a crude conversation about women with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

The married father of three is the nephew of former President George H.W. Bush.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/national-international/Billy-Bush-Suspended-Today-Show-Trump-Comments-NBC-396472521.html

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 06:50:45 pm »
A Bush finally got to Trump.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 06:52:19 pm »
NBC had some standards, FOX has hosts actively campaigning for a candidate and does nothing

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 06:53:18 pm »
So there are consequences for Billy, but none for the actual sexual predator, Donnie.

Sometimes life isn't fair.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »
NBC hedges it bets by not firing Bush outright...what else does Billy Know?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 07:35:41 pm »
NBC hedges it bets by not firing Bush outright...what else does Billy Know?

====================

Or, WHO does Billy know?

(fly on the wall this morning @ Billy's house, Billy on the phone ..)

Billy:  I did what you said.  You guaranteed me you would protect me.  What the hell do I do next?

Paul Ryan:  Billy?  Billy who?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »
====================

Or, WHO does Billy know?

Billy:  I did what you said.  You guaranteed me you would protect me.  What the hell do I do next?

"Billy, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You f.....d up - you trusted us!"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 07:39:53 pm »
====================

Or, WHO does Billy know?

Paul Ryan lives in your empty head rent-free, doesn't he?

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 07:57:51 pm »
So there are consequences for Billy, but none for the actual sexual predator, Donnie.

Sometimes life isn't fair.   **nononono*
Let's try to stay grounded in reality. Trump was talking (albeit in a disgusting way) about women who were receptive to his advances. That is not the same thing as being a sexual predator. To equate the two is to diminish actual sexual predation, such as the sort that there is a great deal of credible evidence Slick Willie engaged in repeatedly.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 08:01:22 pm »
Let's try to stay grounded in reality. Trump was talking (albeit in a disgusting way) about women who were receptive to his advances. That is not the same thing as being a sexual predator. To equate the two is to diminish actual sexual predation, such as the sort that there is a great deal of credible evidence Slick Willie engaged in repeatedly.
It's no different than with the sports heros that Obama seems to worship.   Like Eddie Murphy said, "When your famous, women throw their Ps like they're Frisbees."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 08:10:32 pm »

Why are you assuming that the women were 'receptive?'  What kind of woman wants to be grabbed in the crotch?

Trump IS a predator.  THAT is the reality.

And you are diminishing the victims of his predation by trying to excuse what he has admitted doing.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »

Yeah, so receptive he had to grab them, jam his tongue down their throats, and grope them.  That's the reality, which you'd know if you'd bothered to listen carefully to the tape. 

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 08:21:31 pm »
Yeah, so receptive he had to grab them, jam his tongue down their throats, and grope them.  That's the reality, which you'd know if you'd bothered to listen carefully to the tape.

hah hah well, I missed that part. I see your point.  The only good thing is that Pence may now become the nominee.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 08:25:01 pm »
It's no different than with the sports heros that Obama seems to worship.   Like Eddie Murphy said, "When your famous, women throw their Ps like they're Frisbees."

So now you are advocating what Obama and Murphy think is OK.

Yep.  That's a conservative value all right.   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 08:26:31 pm »
hah hah well, I missed that part. I see your point.  The only good thing is that Pence may now become the nominee.

Perhaps you should have become more well informed about what Trump said BEFORE you told us to "stay grounded in reality."

The reality is that Trump IS a sexual predator who brags about his conquests.

He is a weak, impotent man-child.

THAT is reality.

geronl

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 08:28:57 pm »
Let's try to stay grounded in reality. Trump was talking (albeit in a disgusting way) about women who were receptive to his advances.

No, he was not.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 08:44:29 pm »
No, he was not.

See above. Mea culpa. My mind recoils against it even now. Geez.  I understand the cancellations of support. I would still support him but this points out lack of vetting as a major flaw in this process. Maybe a pre-nomination polygraph with the question, "Have you had any conversations which may have been recorded but not yet released, in which you say anything which would reflect badly enough on your candidacy that it would tend to damage the campaign severely?"

Yeah, I know. Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:45:09 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 08:46:40 pm »
Perhaps you should have become more well informed about what Trump said BEFORE you told us to "stay grounded in reality."

The reality is that Trump IS a sexual predator who brags about his conquests.

He is a weak, impotent man-child.

THAT is reality.

That was a personal jab at someone who has been flaming me and you're right. I blew it. Skipped two meals at work and have low blood sugar. Mea culpa.