Author Topic: A Russian cluster bomb rolls into an Aleppo hospital... hours later 50 children are dead or maimed. This is not just war crime, says heroic British surgeon, it's an abomination  (Read 497 times)

rangerrebew

A Russian cluster bomb rolls into an Aleppo hospital... hours later 50 children are dead or maimed. This is not just war crime, says heroic British surgeon, it's an abomination

By David Nott, Disaster Zone Doctor, For Mail On Sunday

Published: 16:50 EST, 8 October 2016 | Updated: 09:00 EST, 9 October 2016

The text message from Aleppo flashed up on my phone as I was curled up on the sofa watching animated film The Good Dinosaur with my wife and 14-month-old daughter. It came from a much-loved Syrian friend, a surgeon like me.

Written in haste, it read starkly: ‘Massacres in Aleppo today… 168 cases arrived at the hospital. All of them civilians and mostly children.’

The scene of family contentment at my home in South-West London instantly dissolved. For the next 48 hours I dispensed advice, directed an operation and issued general instructions via instant messaging service WhatsApp to medics 2,500 miles away as they fought to save the lives of children pulverised by ball-bearings from cluster bombs dropped from the skies above the most benighted city on Earth.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828806/A-Russian-cluster-bomb-rolls-Aleppo-hospital-hours-later-50-children-dead-maimed-not-just-war-crime-says-heroic-British-surgeon-s-abomination.html#ixzz4Mg5pno7Z
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Oh dear I'm speechless. Horrible.

I hope I will never understand how a human being can do this to another human being- especially children.

Bless those poor innocents
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

Bill Clinton bombed Serbian churches (on Easter Sunday) and hospitals, killing countless children and other civilians. Who knew he would inspire the Russians?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org