Author Topic: Two police officers killed, one injured in Palm Springs shooting  (Read 1063 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two police officers killed, one injured in Palm Springs shooting
Brett Kelman , Gustavo Solis and Jill Castellano , The Desert Sun 4:14 p.m. PDT October 8, 2016

Two police officers were killed and one was wounded in a shooting in Palm Springs on Saturday, according to a source familiar with the incident.

Dozens of police massed outside a house where a suspect appeared to be holed up. Officers took defensive positions behind a patrol car and a concrete wall.

Police were searching for a shooter or shooters in the area of Cypress and Del Lago roads, and encouraged residents to stay indoors.

At 3:15 p.m., multiple officers in tactical gear were taking cover behind a four-foot wall. Several other officers stood close by an armored vehicle parked on Cypress Road a block south of Francis Road.

Witnesses said they heard between 10 and 20 gunshots from what sounded like machine guns. Over a dozen patrol cars, three fire engines and a SWAT truck were at the scene of the incident at 2 p.m.

Palm Springs police and San Jacinto police were on scene.

more
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2016/10/08/palm-springs-officer-involved-shooting-leads-heightened-police-activity/91797350/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline raml

Re: Two police officers killed, one injured in Palm Springs shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 07:09:43 am »
I wonder why San Jacinto police were there. They are over the mountain and right next to Hemet California it takes a while to get there not the closet police dept to them. My parents when alive lived in Hemet and I know that area quite well. I can't figure out how he got away from them sounds like they were surrounding the house he was in. I sure hope they catch him soon he is a lose cannon.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 07:29:08 am »

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 11:40:56 am »
Thanks Again Obozo
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 12:09:16 pm »
This is almost a daily event.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 02:42:59 pm »
Excerpt; in other words, they aren't telling us who did it yet but have the suspect in custody.

Suspect in 2 Fatal Police Shootings Taken Into Custody

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department made the announcement overnight on Twitter. No further information was immediately available.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2169130-suspect-in-2-fatal-police-shootings-taken-into-custody/?utm_expid=21082672-12.InTAp1P_QWuf9wSnIRJAqg.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theepochtimes.com%2F 

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 04:00:16 pm »
I'm a bit hacked and in a bit of armchair quarterbacking mode.  Unless someone has been living under a rock, it's open season on LEO's and I can't help but wonder if the PD's are doing everything they can to protect the officers.

The perp is a long time, known gang member.  Police had arrested him at this very house for assaulting officers.  Yet, they're dispatched for a "routine" domestic disturbance call?  I suppose on the surface, you could say it was, but the father said the POS wanted to "kill police"...that's not a domestic disturbance.  Why wasn't there some kind of flag that would have given the responding officers more information about who they might possibly be dealing with?  Were they warned that the POS had made known threats to LEO's?

According to the article, they were shot through the door.  Never had a chance. 

Prayers and condolences to their families, friends and loved ones. 

http://patch.com/california/palmdesert/alleged-palm-springs-cop-killer-arrested-identified-after-standoff
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.