Author Topic: Guns > Evil Clowns  (Read 666 times)

rangerrebew

Guns > Evil Clowns
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:58:10 pm »
 Guns > Evil Clowns
Posted By Stephen Gutowski On October 7, 2016 @ 4:58 pm In Issues | No Comments

People who have menaced others while dressed as clowns have been scared off by guns in two separate occasions this week.

A woman in Auburn, Maine told the Lewiston-Auburn Sun Journal that a man dressed as a clown threatened her as she sat on her porch Wednesday night. The 49-year-old woman asked the paper to withhold her identity but said a black SUV pulled up to her home and rolled down one of the rear windows. A clown was sitting in the back seat of the car.

“He had a red Afro wig on and a red nose,” she told the publication. “The smile was creepy–the painted-on one. I say, ‘I’m not afraid of clowns. I started laughing. It’s almost Halloween, so I didn’t think too much about it.”

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/guns-evil-clowns/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Guns > Evil Clowns
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:32:07 pm »
We've had this problem locally and we're a very rural area. Seems to be a nationwide phenomenon.

Curious at to what's spawning it - takes some time and money to go dress up like a clown - and then to go menacing people? How are people that stupid especially considering how many are armed?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:33:37 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Guns > Evil Clowns
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 08:38:18 pm »
We've had this problem locally and we're a very rural area. Seems to be a nationwide phenomenon.

Curious at to what's spawning it - takes some time and money to go dress up like a clown - and then to go menacing people? How are people that stupid especially considering how many are armed?

It is a viral internet joke, kind of like planking. At that, after a few people did it and the media freaked, that just caused more to do it.

What is more disturbing though is how violent people are getting towards some of these.

At a local university, one kid was just walking around his dorm with a clown mask on, and the University called the police. He wasn't being threatening or anything, just wearing a creepy clown mask.

As a reminder, this is October.