Author Topic: Ryan: Trump no longer attending joint event  (Read 1759 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ryan: Trump no longer attending joint event
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:17:38 am »
October 07, 2016, 09:08 pm

By Evelyn Rupert

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Donald Trump will no longer be attending a joint event in Wisconsin set for Saturday afternoon in light of his past sexually explicit comments that surfaced Friday.

“I am sickened by what I heard today. Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified. I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests. In the meantime, he is no longer attending tomorrow’s event in Wisconsin," Ryan said in a statement.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299942-ryan-cuts-trump-from-wisconsin-event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Ryan: Trump no longer attending joint event
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 01:18:14 am »
It's over. Done.

Trump needs to drop out. Now.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 01:20:21 am »
It's over. Done.

Trump needs to drop out. Now.
The beginning of the coup?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 01:22:01 am »

What coup?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 01:30:42 am »
October 07, 2016, 09:08 pm

By Evelyn Rupert

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Donald Trump will no longer be attending a joint event in Wisconsin set for Saturday afternoon in light of his past sexually explicit comments that surfaced Friday.

“I am sickened by what I heard today. Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified. I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests. In the meantime, he is no longer attending tomorrow’s event in Wisconsin," Ryan said in a statement.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299942-ryan-cuts-trump-from-wisconsin-event

What?  He hopes that he works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women??  Are you kidding me??  He has NO respect for women and no woman in their right mind is going to believe he's changed his tune.  Let's see ... Megyn Kelly, Carly Fiornia, Alicia Machado, and now this little diddy.  Meanwhile ... absolute silence from his wife!  That to me speaks volumes!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 04:36:37 am »

Coup? Hard to describe hari-kari as a coup.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 05:19:36 am »
This isn't enough.  Ryan needs to withdraw his endorsement and call on Trump to quit or be replaced.  He played a large part in legitimizing this farce, and he needs to be instrumental in bringing it to an end!

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 05:26:27 am »

Coup?  You're making a mockery of yourself.  Dumping an unelectable pr*ck is not a coup, it's rational self-preservation.

#DumpTrump

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 05:36:40 am »
Coup?  You're making a mockery of yourself.  Dumping an unelectable bleep is not a coup, it's rational self-preservation.

#DumpTrump

Absentee ballots have already gone out.

And considering how long it'd take to print up and mail out all new ballots, there is precious little time left to get new ballots out to all those who must vote absentee.

Add, on top of that, the chaos caused by Hurricane Matthew in Florida and the southern Atlantic seaboard.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:39:37 am by HonestJohn »

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 05:38:59 am »
Absentee ballots have already gone out.

And considring how long it'd take to print up and mail out all new ballots, there is precious little time left to get new ballots out to all those who must vote absentee.

Then we'd all better get used to saying "President Clinton" without too much bile coming up.

However, Pence is on all of those ballots, and so it seems to me - without having researched it first - even if Trump leaves, Pence can still be elected.  Then the choice of VP gets thrown to the electoral college or, failing that, the House of Representatives.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:41:12 am by Oceander »

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 05:51:27 am »
Then we'd all better get used to saying "President Clinton" without too much bile coming up.

The GOP hasn't even begun to lift a finger against Trump in that way... and we're down to 22 business days until the election.  I don't think the GOP would even consider it until Tuesday (after Columbus day).

If they did, then, consider it... I'd hazard we'd see a decision by Thursday (13 October).  Pence would then have to find a Vice-Presidential candidate that the GOP would accept.  Best case for that would be the following Monday (17 November).

Then the states would have to print up new ballots.  Maybe they'd be ready for mailing by Thursday or Friday of the same week (20-21 October).  Hopefully, the post office would get the absentee ballots and process them on Saturday (22 October) and then get them out for delivery (3-5 business days - or sometime around the 26-28 October).

And that's if *EVERYTHING* works perfectly and with no delays.  I didn't even go into how long it might take for the election officials to place address labels onto the ballots for mail. 

The more likely scenario is that we'd get those ballots out and into the voter's hands within 2-3 days before election day.

And that risks a few million votes right there.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 06:09:05 am »

What coup?

The green Coup de Ville with the whitewall tires out back.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 06:12:43 am »
The green Coup de Ville with the whitewall tires out back.

Yeah baby!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 08:42:22 am »
This isn't enough.  Ryan needs to withdraw his endorsement and call on Trump to quit or be replaced.  He played a large part in legitimizing this farce, and he needs to be instrumental in bringing it to an end!

No, he and every other Trump endorser need to step down for their role in this assault on America. They won't because they are liberal scum. All of them.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 08:44:13 am »
Yeah baby!

GM fans hate America and love Obama. It's the car of Comunists. If you like GMs, the Terrorists will have won ;)

Normie
Bleeding Ford Blue

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 08:06:56 pm »
Coup? Hard to describe hari-kari as a coup.

Or, an autocoup?