Author Topic: Franklin Graham responds to Donald Trump's crude apology for offending women  (Read 1240 times)

HAPPY2BME

Franklin Graham
8 Oct, 2016
4,552,859 likes

The crude comments made by Donald J. Trump more than 11 years ago cannot be defended.

But the godless progressive agenda of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton likewise cannot be defended. I am not endorsing any candidates in this election. I have said it throughout this presidential campaign, and I will say it again—both candidates are flawed. The only hope for the United States is God. Our nation’s many sins have permeated our society, leading us to where we are today.

But as Christians we can’t back down from our responsibility to remain engaged in the politics of our nation. On November 8th we will all have a choice to make. The two candidates have very different visions for the future of America. The most important issue of this election is the Supreme Court. That impacts everything. There’s no question, Trump and Clinton scandals might be news for the moment, but who they appoint to the Supreme Court will remake the fabric of our society for our children and our grandchildren, for generations to come.

https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:52:34 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Night Hides Not

Where was Franklin when Catholic bishops were protecting pedophile priests?

He's throwing away the last vestiges of his moral authority.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

HAPPY2BME

There are 4.5 million views to Graham's response in less than eight hours.

Here is one woman's response on Graham's FB page:

Teressa Ryan What is wrong with people who say they are "Christian" and yet forget Jesus died for our forgiveness, and grace? HELLO! 11 years ago. And yes, Trump's flesh and his sin patterns may still be dying but whose is not!!!!! Hillary shows NO REMORSE just as BILL did not when he was caught cheating and lying about it under oath. Hillary still chooses to lie and still supports abortion, and acknowledges she supposedly does not know her own job responsibilities including protecting our country's Top Secret Information she receives and that which she instigates transmission of herself? By not endorsing a candidate are you saying you are not voting? Is that not like the parable of the talents? Are you in fear hiding what God has given you? I do not agree with your choice to not speak out openly. However, it is your God given free will and right to choose so. I just feel a little different about your conviction at this point.

Oceander

The only option left to Christians, and other people of moral fiber, is to not support either candidate.  If Trump will not step down, and if he cannot be replaced on the ballot, then Christians cannot vote for President.  To do otherwise is to put your personal imprimatur on evil.

The lesser of two evils was never an option for Christ; what makes it a moral imperative for those who claim to follow His teachings?

Christians who continue to support Trump are hypocrites, and that puts them into the eighth circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:40:16 pm by Oceander »

HAPPY2BME

Where was Franklin when Catholic bishops were protecting pedophile priests?

He's throwing away the last vestiges of his moral authority.

============================

Moral authority speaks, stands, moves, and comes from God (with a capitol 'G' and an 'o' and a 'd').

There is too much at stake here.

You and those on the bulletin board are doing everything you can to elect Hillary Clinton and you are openly obvious about it, yet you condemn anyone who reveals it by attacking them.

In this case you are attacking Franklin Graham.

Oceander

Moral authority speaks, stands, moves, and comes from God (with a capitol 'G' and an 'o' and a 'd').

You and those on the bulletin board are doing everything you can to elect Hillary Clinton and you are openly obvious about it, yet you condemn anyone who reveals it by attacking them.

You are a hypocrite, and a liar.  Opposing the corruption that is Trump is not the moral equivalent of supporting Clinton.  I oppose both.  Hypocrites and those who actively support political corruption are in the eighth circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno, one step away from the Beast himself.

HAPPY2BME

The only option left to Christians, and other people of moral fiber, is to not support either candidate.  If Trump will not step down, and if he cannot be replaced on the ballot, then Christians cannot vote for President.  To do otherwise is to put your personal imprimatur on evil.

The lesser of two evils was never an option for Christ; what makes it a moral imperative for those who claim to follow His teachings?

==================================

Someone here just spoke about moral authority, and I said that moral authority comes from God.

Not me.  Not you.  Certainly not from anyone on this public bulletin board.

You cannot dictate another person's conscience.  What drives you and most of the people here to attack Donald Trump and refuse to vote for him (you would have done so anyway if this video had not surfaced - it is just more fuel for your fires, or so you think) will not convince the majority of everyone who has already decided to vote for him to not vote for him.

You can try to dictate everybody else conscience, but you are only one small man, with one small voice.

It is not going to work.

Trump is still in there with a fighting chance in spit of it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Christians who continue to support Trump are hypocrites, and that puts them into the eighth circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno.

God has opened the door for removing the choice of lesser of evils.  If it is His Will Donald Trump will be removed.

Pence/Sasse would be a great ticket.  You can't get more Godly or Constitutional than that.  And in an election even at this late time it would be a landslide victory for that ticket.

I have been fervently praying for exposure and Gods will in this election.  I believe in prayer.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:50:04 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HAPPY2BME

You are a hypocrite, and a liar.  Opposing the corruption that is Trump is not the moral equivalent of supporting Clinton.  I oppose both.  Hypocrites and those who actively support political corruption are in the eighth circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno, one step away from the Beast himself.

==============================

Here's Franklin Graham on the subject, which you read perhaps one half of one word of it:

(To much of your discontent, gile, and ire, many millions of Christian give Franklin Graham much spiritual credibility and listen to what he has to say)

But as Christians we can’t back down from our responsibility to remain engaged in the politics of our nation. On November 8th we will all have a choice to make. The two candidates have very different visions for the future of America. The most important issue of this election is the Supreme Court. That impacts everything. There’s no question, Trump and Clinton scandals might be news for the moment, but who they appoint to the Supreme Court will remake the fabric of our society for our children and our grandchildren, for generations to come.

Offline Night Hides Not

Donald Trump has done far more to elect Hillary Clinton than the assembled NeverTrumpers on TBR.

When I moved to North Texas, our family joined the local Catholic parish in Coppell. The first parish priest was one who had no problems speaking truth to power. His homilies would anger parishioners to the point a few would walk out in anger. There was no gray with him, as evidenced by testifying for the plaintiffs in the infamous Rudy Kos trial.

He was the engine that drove St. Ann parish from a few hundred families to the 6th largest Catholic parish in the U.S.

So yeah, I'm "attacking" Franklin Graham for his selective morality, a failing of too many "men of the cloth."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.