Author Topic: Trump on Hot Mic: 'When You're a Star ... You Can Do Anything' to Women  (Read 101300 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump on Hot Mic: 'When You're a Star ... You Can Do Anything' to Women
« Reply #1050 on: October 12, 2016, 03:59:27 am »
@Smokin Joe

There are too many delicate little snowflakes out there when people claim to have been assaulted because they didn't like what someone said to them. None of us have a legal right to never be offended.
I agree, to a point. There are such a thing as 'fighting words', too. Most of the snowflakes don't have the hailstones to fight over their hurt feelings, and it's just as well because the things they take such dire offense to are hardly 'fighting words'.
I will make an exception, though, in that one can attempt to be gentlemanly in expressing our different opinions, which generally just amplifies the ridiculousness of their offense at the concepts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1051 on: October 12, 2016, 01:10:00 pm »
<<

@Sanguine

Since when is offending someone a crime? If that were true,we would all be criminals.

And you have lost your mind if you are serious about it being a crime even if the alleged "victim" wasn't even offended by it enough to complain.

Sounds to me like a "crime" written by lawyers in order for them to protect their scams. We are ALL heading into bankruptcy and prison if that becomes true.

I agree with you on the plethora of overly broad and intrusive laws, but isn't this particular thread about Trump grabbing women's private parts then saying that they were OK with it?  Two separate issues.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1052 on: October 12, 2016, 05:43:38 pm »
I agree with you on the plethora of overly broad and intrusive laws, but isn't this particular thread about Trump grabbing women's private parts then saying that they were OK with it?  Two separate issues.

No,it's the same issue. If he did this to them and they didn't complain,it wasn't assault.  You don't get to change your mind 20 years later and decide it was assault.

Let's face reality,here. Why do hot young women wear scanty clothing around old,fat,unattractive multi-millionaires unless they are trying to attach themselves like leeches to further their careers or fatten their bank accounts? Almost all of them are looking for a "sponsor",and willing to do pretty much anything they have to do to gain one. They don't complain in public or file charges against the ones they consider to be too old or too unattractive because they are afraid the word would get out and spoil their game.

Anybody else remember the scam teenage girls were pulling back in the 70's? This was mostly street girls who had to pull any kind of scam they could come up with to avoid having to prostitute themselves,but some were from respectable families and lived at home and were just looking for some easy money. They would stand out in the street and hitch hike,and only accept rides from males by themselves that were 40 or older,driving new and expensive cars. They would get in the car and after it pulled away they would tell the driver something like "You are going to give me 50 dollars and let me out at the next light or I am going to scream you tried to rape me. How do you think your wife,business associates,bosses,and neighbors
will like hearing you are a pedophile that molests 15 year old girls?"  Who do YOU think most people are going to believe,and 40+ year old businessman,or a 15 year old girl that tore her blouse and scratched her arm to "prove" she was assaulted?

I know they were doing this in Denver back then,and assume street kids were doing it all over the country. Those of you who are old enough can look back and remember that starting at about that time people stopped hitchhiking because nobody would pick them up. Even the cops and the newspapers were aware this was happening,but in a case of "Adult man says this and underage girl says that....",.who do YOU think people are going to believe?

I wouldn't pick up a teenage girl hitchhiker I didn't know if she were bleeding and wearing torn clothes while trying to flag me down. I'd drive to the end of the block and call 9-11 instead.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:58:35 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1053 on: October 12, 2016, 05:46:06 pm »

Completely agree.

When the perpetrator claims they didn't object rational people question the veracity of the source.

A man who routinely groups strangers isn't exactly trustworthy now, is he??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1054 on: October 12, 2016, 05:58:42 pm »
No,it's the same issue. If he did this to them and they didn't complain,it wasn't assault.

Anybody else remember the scam teenage girls

Nope.  A crime doesn't necessarily depend on whether or not the victim complained, and we only have Trump's word for it that they didn't mind.   He doesn't come off as a very honest person.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:00:42 pm by Sanguine »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1055 on: October 12, 2016, 06:04:35 pm »
Nope.  A crime doesn't necessarily depend on whether or not the victim complained, and we only have Trump's word for it that they didn't mind.   He doesn't come off as a very honest person.

And we have a old rich man's groupies word it did happen. 25 year old smoking  hot women that dress sexy and  hang out with uber rich old men don't come off as Puritan women,either. The honest ones will admit they are for rent.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1056 on: October 12, 2016, 06:10:24 pm »
And we have a old rich man's groupies word it did happen. 25 year old smoking  hot women that dress sexy and  hang out with uber rich old men don't come off as Puritan women,either. The honest ones will admit they are for rent.

What?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1057 on: October 12, 2016, 06:22:14 pm »
What?

They are whores. Some are different from street whores because they are for sale,not for rent.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1058 on: October 12, 2016, 06:40:03 pm »
They are whores. Some are different from street whores because they are for sale,not for rent.

Who are?  The married women that Trump assaulted and then said they were OK with it?  How the hell do you arrive at that?

geronl

« Reply #1059 on: October 12, 2016, 06:47:15 pm »
Trump even walked in on the naked children of Miss Teen USA

I wonder if he grabbed any kitties.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1060 on: October 12, 2016, 06:56:16 pm »
Who are?  The married women that Trump assaulted and then said they were OK with it?  How the hell do you arrive at that?

@Sanguine

Married women can't be whores? Since when? Have you checked out the woman Donald Little Hands married?

Besides,I said "most",not "all". Obviously one married women did object. It was some TV babe whose name I can't remember right now.

geronl

« Reply #1061 on: October 12, 2016, 08:09:07 pm »
“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed… No men anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m 'inspecting' it. … ‘Is everyone OK?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ … And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

~Donald Trump, beauty pageant owner, on sick, creepy voyeurism and being a lecherous freak

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1062 on: October 12, 2016, 08:12:55 pm »
~Donald Trump, beauty pageant owner, on sick, creepy voyeurism and being a lecherous freak

while I agree, to be fair: Having been a grip in several instances and in several venues, backstage is notoriously immodest. Especially so in the professional class, who are used to it that way.