Author Topic: Trump campaign is canceling hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising in Fla, NC, OH, possibly other states, per two buying sources.  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sooo......what do you make of it?  I have yet to see one Trump anti-Hillary ad here in Texas.  Is he so arrogant that he assumes he has this election in the bag?

I've seen quite a few Hillary ads ... no Trump ads.

Trump don't need no freaking ads.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Remember this is the NYT's..they want you to believe he is pulling out and it is absolutely not the case....Trump is trying to save money on ad buys where he is ahead.
Supposedly the idea of having a "self funding" Billionaire running was that we didn't have to hamstrung by money against the mighty Clinton machine. Instead Trump is so darn (trigger warning) Scotch with his campaign money Clinton is outspending him bigly. This attitude that he is owed the election with its lack of ground game and lack of ads may cost Trump yuge on election day. If he really wants to win he'd be going full throttle.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

I've seen quite a few Hillary ads ... no Trump ads.

Trump don't need no freaking ads.

I saw the first ad here in Ohio that I've seen just last night during the Indians' game (GO TRIBE!!).

Trump ain't working very hard to take this state.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes, but if Toledo is on the list and Rush says he's pulling out advertising because he's ahead in rural areas, then Rush is making things up.

Plus........ I grew up in Youngstown.  NO WAY is Trump ahead there.  They're as yellow dog Dem as yellow dogs get.

If the list is accurate, it's more likely that Trump is behind in those areas and conceding.

Everyone is forgetting Trump said he'd be the first guy to run and make money. Thats what he's doing. No sane pol pulls ads in a close election anywhere, especially after the week he had pissing off half his base.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I still say they run Romney. Trump bails, Romney is the only guy that makes sense for them. Been saying it for months now.

Oddly enough, I hope you're right.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rush saying he is canceling these ad buys because he is way ahead in these rural areas..

Never thought I would say this, but I'm not buying anything Rush says now.  He may go down with the ship along with Hannity.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Oddly enough, I hope you're right.

I don't. He's no better than Trump or Clinton. Unless one likes trading wins for more abortion for him to continue profiting from.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Romney is not great but he is in a whole nuther realm from Hillary and Donald.

Offline musiclady

Never thought I would say this, but I'm not buying anything Rush says now.  He may go down with the ship along with Hannity.

Completely agree.

I turned from FM to AM to see if the Indians' coverage had begun yet and heard Rush for about 30 seconds before I turned him off.

The fact that he has revealed that he doesn't actually believe in Conservative principles makes every single thing he says suspect.

He's jumped the shark this time, and I'll be shocked if he recovers.

Hannity's a sure thing.............. but not nearly as respectable in the first place, so no big deal.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Yep.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Different face of evil. No more, no less.

Offline GrouchoTex

Rush saying he is canceling these ad buys because he is way ahead in these rural areas..

I have trouble believing that.
Not all of these areas are "rural".
These are next weeks ads with 4 weeks to go, right?
Now, with the hurricane, it would make sense for both candidates to pull ads for a week, as their won't be any power on for people to see them.
It would be a waste of money.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
While it's weird that Trump is not buying advertising, the fact is that the press gives him free ads every day.  He says something outrageous... they report it.  He is the headline story on Yahoo this morning for example. 

Hillary says nothing (which is just as well for her).  Donald can't shut up.  Donald gets the free pubicity.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Agree to disagree, Norm.  And I totally disagree.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Completely agree.

I turned from FM to AM to see if the Indians' coverage had begun yet and heard Rush for about 30 seconds before I turned him off.

The fact that he has revealed that he doesn't actually believe in Conservative principles makes every single thing he says suspect.

He's jumped the shark this time, and I'll be shocked if he recovers.

Hannity's a sure thing.............. but not nearly as respectable in the first place, so no big deal.

I'll never listen to Rush again, nor take anything he ever says about Conservatism as being worth listening to.

He proved himself an apostate to the very things he preached all these decades.

He sold out - to a NYC liberal Democrat he is excusing and passing off as a Conservative hope against Hillary.

May he indeed go down with his ship.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

Agree to disagree, Norm.  And I totally disagree.

Thats your choice. Romney is still what his actions show him to be.

Offline musiclady

I'll never listen to Rush again, nor take anything he ever says about Conservatism as being worth listening to.

He proved himself an apostate to the very things he preached all these decades.

He sold out - to a NYC liberal Democrat he is excusing and passing off as a Conservative hope against Hillary.

May he indeed go down with his ship.

Agree with every word.  Nothing he says henceforth about Conservatism will be believable.

He doesn't believe the words he has said for decades.  Whether or not he ever did, I'm not sure we'll ever find out, but he sure doesn't now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Thats your choice. Romney is still what his actions show him to be.

If, by some strange miracle, Romney is nominated, I will ask you what your issues with Romney are.

Right now, it doesn't matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
When Trump loses, and he most certainly will, he will have wasted all that money for nothing.

Offline Norm Lenhart

If, by some strange miracle, Romney is nominated, I will ask you what your issues with Romney are.

Right now, it doesn't matter.

Won't matter then either. But to condense it, his record.

• Technical

Romney evil? Haha... don't think I even heard the Democrats call him that.

This place is kook-central.

Oceander

Romney evil? Haha... don't think I even heard the Democrats call him that.

This place is kook-central.

And yet, here you are.

• Technical
Sooo......what do you make of it?  I have yet to see one Trump anti-Hillary ad here in Texas.  Is he so arrogant that he assumes he has this election in the bag?

It's "dawning" on little Donny that this entire affair was an exercise in Narcisissm and he basically pissed away tens of millions of dollars on this whole thing for jack squat?

That's my guess.

Oceander

Supposedly the idea of having a "self funding" Billionaire running was that we didn't have to hamstrung by money against the mighty Clinton machine. Instead Trump is so darn (trigger warning) Scotch with his campaign money Clinton is outspending him bigly. This attitude that he is owed the election with its lack of ground game and lack of ads may cost Trump yuge on election day. If he really wants to win he'd be going full throttle.

As one with scots in his heritage, I can say that the only thing that offends me about your post is the huge number of unnecessary words you've wasted!!  :silly:

• Technical

It's "dawning" on little Donny that this entire affair was an exercise in Narcisissm and he basically pissed away tens of millions of dollars on this whole thing for jack squat?

That's my guess.

Oh and Trump has totally ruined his brand... or is on the verge of it.