Author Topic: Where do the 2016 presidential candidates stand on the issues?  (Read 3657 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Where do the 2016 presidential candidates stand on the issues?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 04:59:30 pm »
Why must you post such trivial stuff?

Don't you know folks here have more exciting and significant things to discuss, like the 26 practical survival uses of duct tape and the 30 most popular herbs for natural medicine or the latest bar trivia?

You'd think we're having an important election on which our future depends or something. Oh, wait.....

You are right, it is a very important election. But when a shady shifty ego clown that makes Joe Biden look steady,  and a sociopathic megalomaniac grifter showed up to the party, forgive me if I trend a little Galt right now in my postings.
The Republic is lost.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »
You ought to apologize to the good folks here who allow the light of day to shine on a post such as this.  Others elsewhere would be far less magnanimous.

========================

Easy.

I apologize to all the good folks here that are not trying to get Hillary Clinton elected.

fini

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 05:01:50 pm »
Trump has this debate to show me something or he's done and I won't vote for either.
I will vote for Trump, but I concede, he's not a very good debater.    So I wouldn't count on much.  If anything, Pence may wind up saving Trump's bacon.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 05:13:48 pm »
========================

Easy.

I apologize to all the good folks here that are not trying to get Hillary Clinton elected.

fini

Well, I'm certainly not trying to get Hillary elected.  But every 4 years, I get one precious vote.  Mine.  As such, I treat it as a part of my legacy.  It may get lost in the millions cast, but it is mine.  I continue to find no justification to spend that one precious vote.  You have provided nothing here to help me decide.  Instead, you and others prefer to keep your nose out of joint because you have been unfairly put-upon.  You continue to air insufferable grievances even when it harms your cause.  And you dinner bell one another.

Even when there is a guy like me who is open to being convinced. 

Yes, I am fini... as you say.  I will look to others. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 05:14:10 pm »
========================

Easy.

fini

You must have some real self-hate issues right now, because you are doing a bang up job of just that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 05:14:47 pm »
Well, I'm certainly not trying to get Hillary elected.  But every 4 years, I get one precious vote.  Mine.  As such, I treat it as a part of my legacy.  It may get lost in the millions cast, but it is mine.  I continue to find no justification to spend that one precious vote.  You have provided nothing here to help me decide.  Instead, you and others prefer to keep your nose out of joint because you have been unfairly put-upon.  You continue to air insufferable grievances even when it harms your cause.  And you dinner bell one another.

You don't get the choice you want, you get the choice you have.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 05:15:28 pm »
========================

Easy.

fini

That would be all of us.  Unexpectedly gracious of you.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2016, 05:17:16 pm »
Do your support federal spending as a means of promoting economic growth?

Hillary Clinton: Yes
Gary Johnson: No
Jill Stein: Yes
Donald Trump: No   YES - Proposes spending $500 billion on infrastructure

Yep, there is so much wrong with this position paper as to not even being worth the effort to correct.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2016, 05:20:50 pm »
I will vote for Trump, but I concede, he's not a very good debater.    So I wouldn't count on much.  If anything, Pence may wind up saving Trump's bacon.

But he needs to be for this debate. He needs to show he can articulate and put it together. He needs to show that he wants this and display some character gold right now, and show the world what he's got other than being an impulsive, egotistical ass clown who makes Joe Biden look normal.

This is the leader of the free world, and it's for all the marbles. It's check ego time and deliver or go home.
The Republic is lost.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2016, 05:27:58 pm »
Well, I'm certainly not trying to get Hillary elected.  But every 4 years, I get one precious vote.  Mine.  As such, I treat it as a part of my legacy.  It may get lost in the millions cast, but it is mine.  I continue to find no justification to spend that one precious vote. 

========================

Paul Ryan to Stand Together with Trump in Show of GOP Unity - House speaker says: 'If people are unsure how to vote, just think about the Supreme Court'

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 05:29:55 pm »
You don't get the choice you want, you get the choice you have.

You know what is strange about this cycle from my perspective?  I never came to WANT anyone.  I never supported anyone.  I hoped for something that never happened.  But, I will figure it out.  You are all too right and I have a certain sense of honor that I must obey - meaning that I will be in the voting booth on November 8.

I am just so damn weary of all the self-righteous indignation on display here.  Every day, all day.  Even when it harms personal standing and viewpoint.  My God, we take ourselves seriously.  And, our hosts are gracious enough to allow it.  Especially mystery.  They endure insults, explicit and implied.  Yet, myst will be here tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that.  And always, bracing for that next insult.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:35:26 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 05:33:45 pm »
You know what is strange about this cycle from my perspective?  I never came to WANT anyone.  I never supported anyone.  I hoped for something that never happened.  But, I will figure it out.  You are all too right and I have a certain sense of honor that I must obey - meaning that I will be in the voting booth on November 8.

I am just so damn weary of all the self-righteous indignation on display here.  Every day, all day.  Even when it harms their personal standing and viewpoint.  My God, we take ourselves seriously.  And, our hosts are gracious enough to allow it.  Especially mystery.  They endure insults, explicit and implied.  Yet, myst will be here tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that.  And always, bracing for that next insult.

Lando, sadly, you are right on all counts.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 05:37:32 pm »
To get us back on topic and because the OP seems to be screaming for people to pay attention to him, I'll fix his propaganda piece with some corrections- sources linked.

BUDGET

In order to balance the budget, do you support an income tax increase on any tax bracket?

Donald Trump: No Yes- called for a 14% wealth tax. http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/12/trump-on-a-wealth-tax-i-think-thats-a-very-conservative-thing/

CRIME

Do you support mandatory minimum sentences for non-violent drug offenders?

Hillary Clinton: No
Jill Stein: No
Donald Trump:  Unknown position

ECONOMY

Do your support federal spending as a means of promoting economic growth?

Donald Trump: No Yes, among many proposals along this line, has called for a half trillion dollar spending boost in infrastructure (twice Clinton's proposal) http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-08-02/trump-says-he-ll-spend-more-than-half-trillion-dollars-on-infrastructure

Do you support lowering taxes as a means of promoting economic growth?

Gary Johnson: Yes
Donald Trump: Yes Mixed, see point 1 above. Also believes increasing can promote economic growth.

EDUCATION

Do you generally support requiring all states to adopt federal education standards?

Donald Trump: No

ENERGY

Do you support the building of the Keystone XL pipeline?

Gary Johnson: Unknown position Yes - http://2016election.procon.org/view.answers.election.php?questionID=2011
Donald Trump: Yes

Do you support government funding for the development of renewable energy? (e.g., solar, wind, thermal)

Gary Johnson: Unknown position No- Against non-Constitutional spending. http://www.ontheissues.org/Seven_Principles.htm
Donald Trump: No Yes, has called for ethanol subsidies, increased mandates. http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/266339-trump-calls-for-higher-ethanol-mandate

ENVIRONMENT

Do you support the federal regulation of greenhouse gas emissions?

Gary Johnson: Unknown position No, not the government's role. http://www.ontheissues.org/Seven_Principles.htm
Donald Trump: No Yes, same link as above. Supports ethanol mandate and current renewal fuel standard laws. http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/266339-trump-calls-for-higher-ethanol-mandate

GUNS

Do you generally support gun-control legislation?

Jill Stein:  Yes
Donald Trump: No Mixed. Has called for gun control for certain types of firearms as well as restricting rights based on watch lists. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-gun-control_us_57eb08ace4b082aad9b7d046 http://www.ammoland.com/2015/07/donald-trump-talks-gun-control-assault-weapons-gun-free-zones/

HEALTH CARE

Do you support repealing the 2010 Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”)?

Gary Johnson: Yes
Donald Trump: Yes Mixed. Says repeal but has called for replacing it with a system to the left of Obamacare, just a different name. http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2015/09/28/trump-60-minutes-interview-n2057986

IMMIGRATION

Do you support requiring immigrants who are unlawfully present to return to their country of origin before they are eligible for citizenship? (note, AKA Touchback Amnesty)

Donald Trump: Yes

MARRIAGE

Do you support same-sex marriage?

Gary Johnson: Yes - No, does not believe in government licensing of marriage.
Donald Trump: No - Mixed, gives different answers to different audiences. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/can-conservatives-trust-trump-on-marriage

NATIONAL SECURITY

Do you support increased American intervention in Iraq and Syria beyond air support?

Gary Johnson: Unknown position No, not unless national security is directly at risk. https://www.johnsonweld.com/foreign_policy_and_national_defense
Donald Trump: Unknown position Mixed, has given greatly different answers to different audiences. http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/05/politics/sean-spicer-vp-debate-donald-trump-syria/index.html http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/the-monitors-view/2016/0427/Where-Trump-Clinton-overlap-on-Syria

SOCIAL SECURITY

Do you support allowing individuals to divert a portion of their Social Security taxes into a personal retirement account?

Gary Johnson: Unknown position Yes, supports privatization of Social Security http://www.nextavenue.org/gary-johnson-stands-social-security-health-care/
Donald Trump: No

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:39:41 pm by AbaraXas »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 05:46:38 pm »
To get us back on topic and because the OP seems to be screaming for people to pay attention to him, I'll fix his propaganda piece with some corrections- sources linked.

Thank you.
John Steinbeck

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2016, 05:50:06 pm »

Thanks for the fact checking.  :thumbsup3:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 06:25:06 pm »
“Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other” - Oscar Ameringer

I saw you post that on FB, and I shared it on my wall.   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: