Author Topic: Texas Tribune Says They’ll Host Debate w/ Johnson, Stein, McMullin  (Read 1861 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The CEO of The Texas Tribune said in a tweet that they would be happy to host a debate between Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and Evan McMullin.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/texas-tribune-johnson-stein-mcmullin/#ixzz4MLraIcNM
Follow us: @TheLibRepublic on Twitter

Offline corbe

Re: Texas Tribune Says They’ll Host Debate w/ Johnson, Stein, McMullin
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:06:09 am »
   This is great news, Most Texans I talk to will 'reluctantly' pull the lever for Trump, thinking it's only 1 or the other liberal, Evan will let them know it's not a BINARY choice in TEXAS!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:09:18 am »
Couldn't read thepage.....

Any TV coverage planned  or just web feed.?

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 12:12:04 am »
Constitution Party nominee Darrell Castle, despite being on more ballots than McMullin, was not invited.

Why would Castle refuse to attend?  He could and should be there. 

Maybe as some have postulated, He is sick, physically and his heart really ain't in it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:13:30 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 12:29:50 am »
It's not that he refused to attend -- he wasn't invited??  I have noticed that some of the polls are showing Stein and Johnson, but they aren't even listing Castle.  My hunch is that the Constitution Party may be the biggest threat.  Why those in TX wouldn't invite him is puzzling.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 01:26:17 am »
BREAKING: Evan McMullin Chooses “Tech Titan” Mindy Finn As His Running Mate

Independent candidate - and possibly the last actual Republican running - Evan McMullin, has officially chosen his running mate. A woman by the name of Mindy Finn.

In an email, McMullin's campaign described who Finn was, and how we can look forward to getting to know her better in the future.

Mindy is the founder and president of Empowered Women, a bi-partisan organization that gives voice to a bold, new generation of American women in civic life. She has served as an advisor to the Republican National Committee, President George W. Bush, and Governor Mitt Romney; and developed business partnerships for Twitter.

We are all thrilled to have such a strong, conservative voice standing beside me as we build a new conservative movement together! Our ticket, like the rest of the campaign, is reflective of the values that we’ve been standing for since day one.

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/10/06/breaking-evan-mcmullin-chooses-mindy-finn-running-mate/

geronl

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 02:15:20 am »
I wonder if Gary Johnson will be able to understand the questions, or find the place.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 02:16:26 am »
It's not that he refused to attend -- he wasn't invited??  I have noticed that some of the polls are showing Stein and Johnson, but they aren't even listing Castle.  My hunch is that the Constitution Party may be the biggest threat.  Why those in TX wouldn't invite him is puzzling.

The Constitution Party has no ballot access here and almost no organization, which is sad.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 02:19:27 am »
The Constitution Party has no ballot access here and almost no organization, which is sad.

Correct, this isn't a conspiracy against the Constitution party, the ones listed are the only ones that have ballot access in Texas.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 02:20:32 am »
McMullin has qualified in 34 states. Here is the current list of states where you can vote for Evan:

Alabama (Write-In)
    Alaska (Write-in)
    Arizona (Write-in)
    Arkansas (Ballot)
    Colorado (Ballot)
    Delaware (Write-In)
    Georgia (Write-In)
    Idaho (Ballot)
    Illinois (Write-In)
    Iowa (Ballot)
    Kentucky (Ballot)
    Louisiana (Ballot)
    Maine (Write-In)
    Maryland (Write-In)
    Massachusetts (Write-In)
    Michigan (Write-In)
    Minnesota (Ballot)
    Montana (Write-in)
    Nebraska (Write-in)
    New Hampshire (Write-In)
    New Jersey (Write-In)
    New Mexico (Ballot)
    Ohio (Write-In)
    Oregon (Write-In)
    Pennsylvania (Write-In)
    Rhode Island (Write-In)
    South Carolina (Ballot)
    Tennessee (Write-in)
    Texas (Write-In)
    Utah (Ballot)
    Vermont (Write-In)
    Virginia (Ballot)
    West Virginia (Write-in)
    Wisconsin (Write-in)

https://www.evanmcmullin.com/34_states_and_counting
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 03:25:44 am »
BREAKING: Evan McMullin Chooses “Tech Titan” Mindy Finn As His Running Mate

Solid choice!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 04:43:08 am »
Correct, this isn't a conspiracy against the Constitution party, the ones listed are the only ones that have ballot access in Texas.

I never hear about Castle.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 04:44:46 am »
McMullin has qualified in 34 states. Here is the current list of states where you can vote for Evan:

Alabama (Write-In)
    Alaska (Write-in)
    Arizona (Write-in)
    Arkansas (Ballot)
    Colorado (Ballot)
    Delaware (Write-In)
    Georgia (Write-In)
    Idaho (Ballot)
    Illinois (Write-In)
    Iowa (Ballot)
    Kentucky (Ballot)
    Louisiana (Ballot)
    Maine (Write-In)
    Maryland (Write-In)
    Massachusetts (Write-In)
    Michigan (Write-In)
    Minnesota (Ballot)
    Montana (Write-in)
    Nebraska (Write-in)
    New Hampshire (Write-In)
    New Jersey (Write-In)
    New Mexico (Ballot)
    Ohio (Write-In)
    Oregon (Write-In)
    Pennsylvania (Write-In)
    Rhode Island (Write-In)
    South Carolina (Ballot)
    Tennessee (Write-in)
    Texas (Write-In)
    Utah (Ballot)
    Vermont (Write-In)
    Virginia (Ballot)
    West Virginia (Write-in)
    Wisconsin (Write-in)

https://www.evanmcmullin.com/34_states_and_counting

I am sad he isn't qualified in Washington.  He is from Washington.  Maybe he didn't concentrate on Washington because he knew it would go Democrat as always.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »
I am sad he isn't qualified in Washington.  He is from Washington.  Maybe he didn't concentrate on Washington because he knew it would go Democrat as always.
Isn't Washington the state where all voting is done by mail? Or is that Oregon? If that's so, the delays inherent with "snail mail" would mean latecomers like McMullin never stood a chance.

I'd think, if anything, blue states like Washington would be more appealing to lower-end third-party candidates, mainly because with no chance of the Republican winning, they can't be blamed for being a spoiler. I suspect ballot access rules are the primary reason for the shutout.

I know in New York, I'm probably going to be restricted to four ballot lines with Clinton, four ballot lines with Trump, two lines with Johnson, and one with Stein. Welcome to "fusion voting"—where you get 11 ballot lines but only four choices.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:50:11 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024