Author Topic: Woe unto Christian NeverTrumps  (Read 21078 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Woe unto Christian NeverTrumps
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2016, 05:06:48 am »
Well said, I fully concur and WELCOME to TBR!

Myself also and welcome!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2016, 07:59:03 am »
Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.  Render unto God what is God's.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:23 am »
I won't vote for a wolf in sheep's clothing for no other reason than "he's the Republican nominee" and "because Hillary."

Brilliant post... And welcome!

:beer: :patriot: :seeya:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2016, 09:34:48 am »
@jpsb, why is it a problem to post using a minimum standard of decency? 

Good luck at TOS.  Next time you deviate from the groupthink,  you'll get booted again.

One last post to say bye to you @CatherineofAragon. While we don't always agree I did enjoy our exchanges at TOS.

The censorship here is just as bad as at Free Republic. And the group think here is even worse. So I will not be posting here or much there any longer.

I miss the old days of Usenet News. Snow Flakes did not last long on the political threads back then. LOL, no ever got banned on Usenet News and no ever got "this is your last warning" for expressed an opinion shared by tens of millions (if not hundreds) of Americans. An opinion that is also the point of the article this very threat is based on.

I like to use plain simple language that everyone can understand. I pride myself in saying in a few short paragraphs what it takes others a wall of text to say. Some people don't like my debating style, oh well, life is not always a bowl of cherries. I try not to personally insult anyone, but sometimes you just have to tell an idiot that they are an idiot and accept the consequences. Sometimes you get a punch in the nose sometimes you get barred/banned but at least you stood up for yourself.

Anyway best of luck to you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:51:33 am by jpsb »

Online DB

« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2016, 10:45:53 am »
One last post to say bye to you @CatherineofAragon. While we don't always agree I did enjoy our exchanges at TOS.

The censorship here is just as bad as at Free Republic. And the group think here is even worse. So I will not be posting here or much there any longer.

I miss the old days of Usenet News. Snow Flakes did not last long on the political threads back then. LOL, no ever got banned on Usenet News and no ever got "this is your last warning" for expressed an opinion shared by tens of millions (if not hundreds) of Americans. An opinion that is also the point of the article this very threat is based on.

I like to use plain simple language that everyone can understand. I pride myself in saying in a few short paragraphs what it takes others a wall of text to say. Some people don't like my debating style, oh well, life is not always a bowl of cherries. I try not to personally insult anyone, but sometimes you just have to tell an idiot that they are an idiot and except the consequences. Sometimes you get a punch in the nose sometimes you get barred/banned but at least you stood up for yourself.

Calling us Hillary supporters isn't "debating" anything. It is factually wrong and not particularly very bright thing to say and I know you are a bright person. So something else is afield with you.

I detest both party candidates and will not vote for either. They are both poisonous. Just look at their fruit among us here.

The primary difference between us is you put some faith in Trumps words where I put none. I can't think of one important issue over time that Trump hasn't been on both sides of.

geronl

geronl

« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2016, 10:52:52 am »

There is no real censorship here.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2016, 10:55:47 am »

I do approve of jpsb's self-censorship.   :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2016, 10:58:45 am »
Vote for Trump or go to Hell?

That's been the tone of his cult all along.

Online DB

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2016, 11:00:16 am »

One other thing. Your anger at other conservatives is misplaced. The fact that either candidate is so close to taking the White House is a testament to how sick our country's soul has become. You are fighting about who will take the wheel of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. Clearly the voters didn't want to change course when it mattered. So now we're going to take a hugely destructive ride no matter who's at the wheel and it is simply about survival at this point.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2016, 11:35:27 am »
Mr. Marcus makes his case:
========================
As Christians, we know we live in a fallen sinful world. Therefore, nothing and no one is perfect. Sometimes voting for the lesser evil is the moral and upright thing to do.

I take it that Mr. Marcus doesn't read the Bible.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2016, 01:51:36 pm »
I take it that Mr. Marcus doesn't read the Bible.

I can help him out.  And if anyone lacks wisdom let him ask.  No it doesn't say do not vote for Trump but here is some scriptures about the lesser of evils.  I think the application applies.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/lesser_of_two_evils
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2016, 03:22:15 pm »
Fine I will no longer post here, delete my account, if you bash Trump 24/7 like just about every one here you are pro-Hillary. bye. Enjoy president Hillary.
@mystery-ak
Come on @jpsb We don't want you to leave, but if you aren't already gone consider this: A lot of us can't support Trump because we think he is pro Hillary. That would make his supporters pro Hillary, but I respect you enough not to think that you would do such a thing on purpose. We must each do as we think is right. I reckon it's a matter of both wanting most of the same things for America and seeing radically different ways to achieve them from here. It's a matter of mutual respect. If you are honestly unable to show the patriots here respect not to accuse them of supporting the most corrupt  candidate in history maybe you should take a break. November is not far away, and win lose or draw their will be plenty of other things to talk about. Just my dos centavos.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2016, 03:26:26 pm »
While he is quite correct about Hillary, it's about discerning one's fruits, as we are also commanded to do.
It's easy to say, "Well Hillary's record of corruption and evil doings are much worse than Donald Trump's."  And the thing is, they may well be.

But then, I would argue we simply know more about Hillary's actions because she's been on a larger stage and under a bigger spotlight actually being in government in some capacity for 30 or so years.

Up until last year almost no one in America regarded Donald Trump as anything more than a blowhard billionaire with bad hair, bad manners, and an affinity for reality television and WWE wrestling.  So whatever "bad" Donald Trump has done, no one really cared with the exception of people who were victims of his.

And I'm sorry, but having political power even trumps(small pun intended for small hands) being a billionaire.
Donald can cheat on his taxes(hypothetically) and crush another business through less than ethical means.
Someone with political power, like a president, or governor, or wife of one, can send the IRS after someone or create regulations or have a hand in new laws that destroy businesses by levying steep fines or even imprisonment on the people who run them.
And yes, it's probably quite a bit easier for a politically connected or a person with political clout to get away with murder(perhaps literally) than it is even for a billionaire in this country.

The bottom line is almost everything Donald Trump does and says reeks of incompetence, stupidity, sleaze, and dishonesty.
He lied about being pro life.
He lied to Chris Cuomo about being audited for his taxes because he's a "strong Christian" when almost anyone can objectively tell that's not the case.
He's all over the map on abortion and Planned Parenthood.
He's willing to appease the transgenders on the "pick your bathroom" issue, even inviting "Caitlyn" Jenner to use the women's room at Trump Tower.
He pretty much sided against Kim Davis in Kentucky.
Again, he lies, and lies, and lies.
If Donald Trump is standing before me and says the sky is blue, I might be tempted to double check.
People can vote for the lesser of two evils if they wish.  But as I personally have said, when I believe both people are literally evil, that's a deal breaker for me, and I line I will not cross.
Hillary's fruits are rotten.  But Donald's fruits are equally rotten in their own way.  I won't vote for a wolf in sheep's clothing for no other reason than "he's the Republican nominee" and "because Hillary."
Right on.

Also, good to see you and welcome.  :seeya: :beer:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2016, 04:21:55 pm »
The censorship here is just as bad as at Free Republic.

Oh really?  Did you or the other 7 Trump militants on this board find themselves banned because you dared to state your support for Trump?

Were you banned after repeatedly lying about the majority of this board being "Hillary Supporters" because we refuse to vote for your prince?

If this were "as bad" as TOS - you would have been tossed out on your ass after your second post to this board.

Stop being a big fat baby.

You're whining just like your prince.

Maybe your microphone is not working right.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2016, 05:58:58 pm »

Of course there isn't!

Those who whine about censorship are just peeved that the majority of people here don't agree with their perspective.

If there truly were censorship, they wouldn't have the right to keep griping about the censorship.

I guess some of the TOS-type posters here don't really appreciate free speech.

And I guess that corresponds with Trump and his rabid supporters, who wants to squelch it so that he can be king.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2016, 06:17:30 pm »
Axiomatic to Islam is the imposition of Shara Law. Shara Law is incompatible with our constitutional system.  Why should we import people that wish to over turn our constitution and impose Shara Law? That is just crazy. Islam is not just a religion it is also a political/government system. Those that believe in Islam are commanded to spread Islam by any means possible, including murder. I am happy that at least one candidate understands the danger that is Islam.

@Chosen Daughter

In case you missed it, Pence says today:

"Trump no Longer Supports Muslim Ban, says Pence."

Link:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article106607747.html

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2016, 06:41:26 pm »
In case you missed it, Pence says today:

"Trump no Longer Supports Muslim Ban, says Pence."

Link:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article106607747.html

"Donald Trump has changed course on another campaign plank, as vice presidential candidate Mike Pence said Trump no longer wants to ban Muslims from entering the country.

Pence, who opposed Trump’s proposed ban before being named Trump’s running mate, said Thursday “that’s not Donald Trump’s position now” when asked about the Muslim ban.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article106607747.html#storylink=cpy"

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2016, 06:45:04 pm »
Somehow I think this NeverTrumper is gonna be OK.  :seeya:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2016, 06:45:53 pm »
"Donald Trump has changed course on another campaign plank, as vice presidential candidate Mike Pence said Trump no longer wants to ban Muslims from entering the country.

Pence, who opposed Trump’s proposed ban before being named Trump’s running mate, said Thursday “that’s not Donald Trump’s position now” when asked about the Muslim ban.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article106607747.html#storylink=cpy"

They won't care.

It doesn't matter if Trump decides to hop on board the wide-open borders crowd and abolish the 2nd Amendment for the good of the country - his militants will explain to us simpletons how important his flip-flop is for the country.

Because Trump is their god - and he is infallible.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2016, 06:46:36 pm »
They won't care.

It doesn't matter if Trump decides to hop on board the wide-open borders crowd and abolish the 2nd Amendment for the good of the country - his militants will explain to us simpletons how important his flip-flop is for the country.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2016, 06:48:49 pm »
That way he and his supporters can argue the issue both ways and be right.

Nothing new under the sun. Yesterday they were arguing 260 out of 1400+ voters was a majority.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2016, 06:56:14 pm »
They won't care.

It's three dimensional chess, with the third dimension being a black hole where Trump's campaign promises are sent to never be seen again. I have come to agree with the Trumpers insistence that Trump is not a politician, a politician is actually smart enough to wait until after they are elected to renege on their campaign promises. Trump is more like a chameleon, constantly changing it's appearance in an effort to blend in with it's current surroundings.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2016, 06:59:04 pm »
They won't care.

It is frightening to observe how true your statements are.

They will follow him wherever he goes....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2016, 07:01:09 pm »
It is frightening to observe how true your statements are.

They will follow him wherever he goes....   **nononono*

It'll follow his supporters too. Especially after the first terrorist attack on America if God forbid, he gets elected. Because now they will carry that responsibility for putting him in office knowing it.