Author Topic: "TOXIC" MASCULINITY?  (Read 717 times)

rangerrebew

"TOXIC" MASCULINITY?
« on: October 05, 2016, 05:42:34 pm »

"TOXIC" MASCULINITY?
by LTC ALLEN WEST (US ARMY RET)
October 5, 2016

I'm speaking on the campuses of several colleges and universities this month of October. Y'all have been kept abreast of my journey and address at St. Louis University. I also have trips planned for Gonzaga, Notre Dame, Central Missouri, and today I'm in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania to speak at Wilkes University on small business growth and veteran entrepreneurship.

I very much enjoy being back on college campuses sharing with the students - the ones that don't walk out. I've been to DePaul, Northwestern and Marquette, to name a few, and my greatest honor was to return to Rocky Top last year and speak at my alma mater, the University of Tennessee...and what a game against Georgia last week Saturday!

Anyway, I tend to believe there's one campus I won't be invited to attend anytime ever. As reported by Fox News, "Duke University is famous for its science and engineering programs, as well as its dominance in college basketball. Now, it may also become known as a great place for men to gather and contemplate why they're such horrible people.

Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/toxic-masculinity#ixzz4MEYJjyX5
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: "TOXIC" MASCULINITY?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 05:45:07 pm »
They should really change their name. Using Duke in the name might give people the wrong idea.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:45:42 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour