Author Topic: The Facts about Transgenderism  (Read 4592 times)

Offline bolobaby

Re: The Facts about Transgenderism
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 02:12:06 pm »
And I also find this funny... like, "In yo' face Kanye!" funny...

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 02:14:50 pm »
@bigheadfred

That's foolish. One does not make a choice to be a boy. But they can make a choice to start dressing like a girl and calling themselves a girl.

Similarly, one does not choose to be straight. They simply are. But they can make a choice to be deviant.

Your post is a logical fallacy that assumes certain things AREN'T some way to begin with.

Given what those who are gay have to endure in terms of derision, the idea that someone would choose that lifestyle is ludicrous. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 02:17:57 pm »
@bigheadfred

That's foolish. One does not make a choice to be a boy. But they can make a choice to start dressing like a girl and calling themselves a girl.

Similarly, one does not choose to be straight. They simply are. But they can make a choice to be deviant.

Your post is a logical fallacy that assumes certain things AREN'T some way to begin with.

See? You DO understand.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline chae

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 02:30:18 pm »
Ok, I'm bisexual.  It's not a choice I made.  I am attracted to both men and women.  I've been romantically involved with both men and women.  It would be so much easier if I was only attracted to men, and only fell for men, but it is what it is.  But I reject that I "chose" this.
I think it was a combination of inclination and nurture.  I look at it on a 10 point scale.  At 10 you are totally hetero, and at 1 you are totally gay.  I think most people are born between 4-6 and then as they are raised, they either go one way or go the other way. 

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 02:33:16 pm »
Given what those who are gay have to endure in terms of derision, the idea that someone would choose that lifestyle is ludicrous.

@sinkspur

Nonsense.

Let's put aside that being gay - or at least bisexual - is now considered "fashionable" in certain circles. The Hollyweird starlets are practically tripping over themselves to claim that they have same-sex attraction. Typical attention whore crap. But, we're putting that aside.

From a practical experience perspective, I can tell you with certainty that some people CHOOSE to be gay. My sister played college basketball. Many of the girls on the team were bigger, hulking types. For them, finding love was not easy. Meanwhile, there were already girls on the team who had tried out the gay thing and it filled a much needed void in their life. A little peer pressure... an opportunity to feel loved... and, viola! Girls that weren't really gay were professing to be gay.

Interestingly, many of these girls later left school and *found husbands*. Turns out they weren't really gay - they just made a bad choice predicated on impatience.

Now, if we were to fully explore my views on this topic, you'd find that I actually DO believe some people are "born gay." Just like a believe some people are born with OCD, ADHD, schizophrenia, and a variety of other chemical imbalance illnesses that affect both behavior and identity. For some reason, however, we've medicated the HELL out of society on everything else, but have decided that any talk of treatment for homosexuality is strictly verboten, despite the risks the lifestyle poses to its population.

Why is talk of treatment forbidden? Because shrinks have placed a premium on worldly love. They believe it is key to mental health.

Want love? I have a solution which really works:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:34:59 pm by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 02:35:11 pm »
Nonsense.

Let's put aside that being gay - or at least bisexual - is now considered "fashionable" in certain circles. The Hollyweird starlets are practically tripping over themselves to claim that they have same-sex attraction. Typical attention whore crap. But, we're putting that aside.

From a practical experience perspective, I can tell you with certainty that some people CHOOSE to be gay. My sister played college basketball. Many of the girls on the team were bigger, hulking types. For them, finding love was not easy. Meanwhile, there were already girls on the team who had tried out the gay thing and it filled a much needed void in their life. A little peer pressure... an opportunity to feel loved... and, viola! Girls that weren't really gay were professing to be gay.

Interestingly, many of these girls later left school and *found husbands*. Turns out they weren't really gay - they just made a bad choice predicated on impatience.

Now, if we were to fully explore my views on this topic, you'd find that I actually DO believe some people are "born gay." Just like a believe some people are born with OCD, ADHD, schizophrenia, and a variety of other chemical imbalance illnesses that affect both behavior and identity. For some reason, however, we've medicated the HELL out of society on everything else, but have decided that any talk of treatment for homosexuality is strictly verboten, despite the risks the lifestyle poses to its population.

Why is talk of treatment forbidden? Because shrinks have placed a premium on worldly love. They believe it is key to mental health.

Want love? I have a solution which really works:

You and I disagree but I am not going to argue with you about it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 02:35:20 pm »
@RAT Patrol

Modern Idolatry.

"Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!" (Romans 1:22-25, ESV)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2016, 02:38:18 pm »
Derision?  Ha!  Let me introduce you to 2016 where it is the other way around.

Anyway, that is provably false just by asking yourself if there are others habits people can't give up no matter what social respect, financial situation, personal freedom or family relationship they must lose in order to keep it.  No matter what it costs, there are many people enslaved to bad habits and desires.  That's one of the great ills of society and the human condition.  That's why instruction in what is right and wrong, religion and morality, self discipline and control are all essential to a good upbringing.  Disapproval of error is not derision.  It is the only hope of a person caught up in such error.  Would you forbid AA to an alcoholic because they will tell him to stop drinking and hand out disapproval each time he falls off the wagon?  Bad sexual habits are often an addiction similar to that.  So yes, they would choose it anyway.

So you think more derision is the answer to homosexuals?  Sorry, I heartily disagree.  But I am not going to argue with  you.

And disapproval is NOT what AA is about. It's obvious you know nothing about AA.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »
My wife and I attend an AA meeting once a week. She took her 16 year chip last month. It is such a good group of people we could all sit there and stare at the  ceiling not saying a word and leave feeling better about things. No preaching, no disapproval.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2016, 02:47:12 pm »
Ok, I'm bisexual.  It's not a choice I made.  I am attracted to both men and women.  I've been romantically involved with both men and women.  It would be so much easier if I was only attracted to men, and only fell for men, but it is what it is.  But I reject that I "chose" this.
I think it was a combination of inclination and nurture.  I look at it on a 10 point scale.  At 10 you are totally hetero, and at 1 you are totally gay.  I think most people are born between 4-6 and then as they are raised, they either go one way or go the other way. 

@chae

Look - we're all born with impulses that put space between us and God. Hell, I want to kill half of the people I meet. I also have a lustful eye which causes me to notice women all day long who aren't my wife.

The difference is that I despise those impulses and work to control them.

Am I a lustful man? Oh yeah. Have I ever cheated on my wife? Nope.

Start by understanding that we are ALL born with rotten desires inside us. We are also all born with the ability to *hate* those impulses, fight against them, and to try desperately to not act upon them.

Even the apostle Paul acknowledged an evil, sinful impulse inside him. Probably one that he acted on occasionally. Did he bugger boys? Was he a heroin addict? We'll never know what that impulse was. But he rightly reviled it for what it was.

Romans 7:14+

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.c For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful natured a slave to the law of sin.

Bear in mind that this is not Paul excusing his behavior. He HATES it. That is key. God will take it away at the moment of judgment, but you must WANT to let it go.

This is what it means when they say, "Jesus died for our sins." If you truly hate your sin, and are willing to part with your sin, then it will be transferred to Christ, who will take it to the cross to perish with him. Thus cleansed, you will be prepared to enter the eternal presence of God.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:49:07 pm by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 02:51:29 pm »
You and I disagree but I am not going to argue with you about it.

@sinkspur

Respect. You haz it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:54:39 pm by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2016, 03:01:55 pm »
Bottom line is, being gay is not genetic. Studies of identical twins prove that. There certainly is no genetic disposition to be the opposite sex you're born with. There may be emotional, psychological or possibly chemical reasons, but not genetic.

I have no problem if someone wants to live their life their own way, on their own time and own dime. But unfortunately these groups then demand to be elevated to special treatment as a protected class that demands I must cater to them, even if it means violating my moral principles. They call this equality.
The Republic is lost.