Author Topic: Pence Calls for US Attacks against Syrian Regime  (Read 445 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pence Calls for US Attacks against Syrian Regime
« on: October 05, 2016, 02:32:43 pm »
Pence Calls for US Attacks against Syrian Regime

Donald Trump's running mate Mike Pence on Tuesday said the United States should attack Syrian government targets if Russia continues to support its campaign to retake Aleppo.

"If Russia chooses to be involved and continue... in this barbaric attack on Aleppo, the United States of America should use military force to strike the targets of the Assad regime," the Republican vice presidential candidate said, referring to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad during a debate with his Democratic counterpart Tim Kaine.

The Syrian army announced a major Russian-backed military push nearly two weeks ago to capture the eastern rebel-held half of Aleppo in northern Syria, once the country's commercial hub.

Both candidates on Tuesday advocated the establishment of humanitarian safe zones in northern Syria.

Read More At: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/217830-pence-calls-for-us-attacks-against-syrian-regime

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pence Calls for US Attacks against Syrian Regime
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 03:05:31 pm »

Oh yeah! Let's get in the proxy war Obama wanted us ensnared in during the Arab Spring.

Not our civil war. Stay out of it and quit toppling governments.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:08:34 pm »
The Assad dynasty helped kill 250 Marines in Beirut, I have no sympathy for them.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 03:13:14 pm »
The Assad dynasty helped kill 250 Marines in Beirut, I have no sympathy for them.
It isn't a question of sympathy. They are a duly elected government fighting against an insurrection on their own soil. The time to take them out was when the connection to the Barracks bombing was made.

We don't have a dog in the present fight, and another war where we end up assisting the Muslim Brotherhood in building their Caliphate really isn't something I'd like to see our troops sacrificed for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 01:02:19 am »
Joe wrote:
"Not our civil war. Stay out of it and quit toppling governments."

Agreed.
Pence blew it on this one.

Let the Russians handle it.
They fight to win...