Author Topic: You Can Adopt Your Own Refugee! And Pay For It!  (Read 766 times)

rangerrebew

You Can Adopt Your Own Refugee! And Pay For It!
« on: October 05, 2016, 10:41:29 am »
You Can Adopt Your Own Refugee! And Pay For It!

October 4, 2016| by Robert Gehl

Americans might be able to bring a refugee to the U.S. on their own dime if talks between the Obama administration and the nation’s leading refugee advocacy group come to fruition.

The State Department is considering a pilot program that would let citizens sponsor a refugee from their country of choice by paying for airfare, housing, clothing, food and other resettlement costs. Conversations began in July and are expected to continue in the coming year, said Naomi Steinberg, director of the Refugee Council USA, The Chicago Tribune is reporting.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/you-can-adopt-your-own-refugee-and-pay-for-it
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:42:15 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: You Can Adopt Your Own Refugee! And Pay For It!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:37:36 am »
I wonder how many English, Irish, Scots, Norwegians, Swedes, Dutch, French, German...refugees we can bring here?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 11:47:32 am »
I wonder how many English, Irish, Scots, Norwegians, Swedes, Dutch, French, German...refugees we can bring here?
Hillary if elected promises to greatly increase the number of Muslim rapefugees allowed into the USA. Let's make sure Hillary is not elected POTUS by voting Trump!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 12:04:31 pm »
Hillary if elected promises to greatly increase the number of Muslim rapefugees allowed into the USA. Let's make sure Hillary is not elected POTUS by voting Trump!
Congress has the option of not funding the programs that subsidize the relocation of Muslim refugees. My question is one of why they haven't cut that funding in its entirety.

BTW, for those of who eat at the grown-up table, "rapefugees" is an unnecessary term, a silly pejorative for those of us who understand what is going on in Europe and even here with the absence of cultural assimilation with the people being imported. It doesn't contribute much to the discussion, and frankly seems a bit sophomoric.  **nononono* Spare us the twitter style Donny ad. After all, he was bailed out of at least one of his bankruptcies by a Saudi Prince.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis