Author Topic: Is Trump Admiral Bull Halsey or Captain Queeg?....By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 2555 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Victor Davis Hanson

Is Trump Admiral Bull Halsey or Captain Queeg?
In debate No. 2, Trump owes it to the ‘deplorables’ to focus on the issues and exert some self-control.
By Victor Davis Hanson — October 4, 2016

In the first debate, Hillary stuck out her jaw on cybersecurity, the treatment of women, sermons on the need for restrained language, and talk about the shenanigans of the rich — and Trump passed on her e-mail scandals, her denigration of Bill’s women, her reckless smears like “deplorables,” and her pay-for-pay Clinton Foundation enrichment, obsessed instead with the irrelevant and insignificant.

In fact, the first presidential debate resembled the final scene out of the Caine Mutiny. Trump was melting down like the baited Captain Queeg (Humphrey Bogart), in his convoluted wild-goose-chase defenses of his arcane business career. Watching it was as painful as it was for the admiral judges in the movie who saw fellow officer Queeg reduced to empty shouting about strawberries.

Hillary Clinton egged him on in the role of the know-it-all, conniver of the same movie, the smug lieutenant Tom Keefer (Fred MacMurray), who had goaded Queeg, playacted sophisticated and learned — but ultimately proved a vain, empty, and unattractive vessel.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/440678/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Your conclusions were all wrong Ryan, Halsey acted stupidly.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Halsey? No. Queeg? Not quite. More . . .

The World of Commander McBragg

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline montanajoe

Popeye?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 06:40:27 pm by montanajoe »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Yes, yes! Well played!

000hehehehe

Offline endicom

Farragut.

Wingnut

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

The World of Commander McBragg
@EasyAce
Thanks for the smile, haven't thought about McBragg in decades and I think you have hit the correct comparison 888high58888

Offline andy58-in-nh

It wasn't Trump's fault.

Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

It wasn't Trump's fault.

Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...