Author Topic: “They agreed to support the nominee:” Now, GOP party chair is pressing Republicans to back Donald Trump  (Read 13206 times)

Wingnut

Norm, is it just me or does it seem like desperation is kicking in for some?
@AbaraXas

It isn't just you.
You can smell it in the air, tonight.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:11:25 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Norm, is it just me or does it seem like desperation is kicking in for some?
Nope. It's not just you.

There are a handful here that are true believers. They succeeded at FR in destroying it as a conservative site, but they failed here. Their scripts didn't work probably because it was a smarter base audience. When us FR expats arrived, their job got harder because now they had the best from both places to deal with and we all see them posting how much they hate us.

Now that Donnie is totally tanking this and everyone can see he's tanking this, the browbeating will only increase until morale improves! It's SOP for liberals and Trump supporters are liberals. They back one. they 'are one'.

We all know that liberals don't take defeat well. They emote. they lash out and they throw themselves on the floor demanding their candy bar.

TLDR: No shock. It's who and what they are.

Offline sinkspur

Man is not free unless government is limited.
Ronald Reagan

Tell us how Trump will limit government?

He is proposing a brand-new expensive entitlement in paid maternity leave.

He wants to compromise the 1st amendment so that he can go after the media when they criticize him

He wants to limit the ability of middle class Americans to buy low cost goods by taxing them on the price of those goods.

He wants to spend a half-trillion dollars on "infrastructure" which usually means pouring money into construction unions and the Teamsters.

Trump is all about big government.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LMAO

This article is a month old.  Trump has spent the last week throwing away whatever capital he had built.  It is on him, not us.

Meanwhile, here's Trumpkin in full panic mode:

I caught Larry Elder's show the other night and he's sounding a little distressed. To his credit, unlike Hannity, he seems to recognize that if Trump loses, it will be his own fault
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Norm Lenhart

Fixed it for him . . .

Indeed and 100% correct. But Trump people have allergic aversions to facts like that. So I expect we'll see the lie pushed regardless. It's what they always do.

Today I have seen four of them pushing that meme in some form. They do not care about the truth. they only want their liberal in power. Which means they only want their version of liberalism governing America.

Online libertybele

No, this is a conservative website...huge difference.

:beer:   :patriot: :patriot:   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 06:15:51 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Back to the original topic, it should be pointed out that politicians are not employed by the Republican or Democrat party but by the people.

HAPPY2BME

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

=====================

Those are all classic truths from 'The Gipper.'

re: Freedom

This country is literally less than 90 days away from losing it if Hillary Clinton (and the trump hater$) get their way.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

This country is literally less than 90 days away from losing it if Hillary Clinton (and the trump hater$) get their way.

If we 'had our way', Trump - the Trojan Stalking Horse would not be the nominee. 

The country has already lost it, you people just refuse to realize it.

Offline Hoodat

============================
“He’s brought millions of new voters into the GOP,” Priebus added of Trump, nothing his 14.5 million votes during the GOP primary.

So you still haven't figured out that those "new voters" were Hillary supporters crossing over to vote for the easiest candidate to beat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

And voters who vote for liberals like Trump end up electing liberals.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline chae

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump and Clinton are just two sides of the same coin.

Offline Hoodat

Tell us how Trump will limit government?

. . .

He wants to spend a half-trillion dollars on "infrastructure" which usually means pouring money into construction unions and the Teamsters.

Actually, it is a full trillion, making it larger than Obama's so-called 'stimulus' in 2009.  Trump goes farther left than even Obama, yet these sycophants line up for another glass of kool-aid.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Precisely why I keep fighting Trumpism.   We need a party that supports the Constitution and limited government.   That party has been hi-jacked this year by alt-right xenophobes who don't give a damn about the cause of human liberty.  I WANT IT BACK.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Fixed it for him . . .

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Fixed it for him . . .

Republicans who stand there and let someone get murdered,   haven't murdered anyone.   

They have no fault and no guilt whatsoever,  because they have no OBLIGATION to stop  someone from being murdered. 

That about sum it up? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Another voice of sanity,  of which there are too few on this website. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

And if voting to stop evil accomplished anything, we would not be where we are right now as a nation.

Evil triumphed, because everyone assumes evil can be fixed in the courts or by the ballot box.

Funny considering we did not win our independence that way.

But no one remembers history anymore.  Just who they pledge themselves to politically or culturally.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I think they're hunting us down with dogs or something now....

I'd be a bit more understanding of the argument if someone could explain how it might be possible for a conservative to win in 2020 after Hillary wins next month.  Between the courts and the demographics, I just don't see it as possible.  That green-blooded hobgoblin Ted Cruz apparently looked at the situation logically, and reached the same conclusion.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

And if voting to stop evil accomplished anything, we would not be where we are right now as a nation.

How so?  I mean, voting and losing accomplishes nothing, I'll give you that.  But Obama won, twice.  Had he not won, I think we'd be in a better position than we are today, especially in terms of the Supreme Court.

Evil triumphed, because everyone assumes evil can be fixed in the courts or by the ballot box.

Have you taken a poll or something?  I'd wager that a fairly high percentage of people believe that the courts or ballot box cannot always prevent an evil.

Funny considering we did not win our independence that way.

Well, good luck firing the first shot.

Offline musiclady

Why?? Because for you "sanity" requires voting for a degenerate leftist like Trump??

I'd say that it's far saner to stay far away from evil than it is to embrace it .
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Why?? Because for you "sanity" requires voting for a degenerate leftist like Trump??

I'd say that it's far saner to stay far away from evil than it is to embrace it .

Well not being evil yourself, that would make sense. But if you WERE evil, then electing someone with a lifetime liberalism that destroys little people for sport and destroys the foundations of conservatism would be the correct choice.

A handful here have chosen to side with a person that has everything in common with the philosophy he built his life on and nothing with conservative values or constitutional governance, both of which he has spoken and donated his own cash fighting against.

What it makes them is pretty obvious.