Author Topic: Carrier George Washington to deploy for Hurricane Matthew relief  (Read 686 times)

rangerrebew

Carrier George Washington to deploy for Hurricane Matthew relief

By: David B Larter and Mark D. Faram, October 4, 2016 (Photo Credit: Mark D. Faram/Staff)
This story was originally published Oct. 4 at 12:24 and has been updated.

The U.S. military’s massive disaster relief machine is kicking into gear.

The government of Haiti has requested U.S. aid as the slow-moving Hurricane Matthew pounds the island, according to a USAID spokesman. The aid organization has also activated its disaster response team.

The carrier George Washington and the amphibious transport dock Mesa Verde put to sea Tuesday with Navy and Marine aircraft aboard and are headed to the Caribbean to provide relief from the storm if needed. The GW's air wing is composed of V-22 Ospreys and MH-60 Seahawks, sources said.

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/carrier-george-washington-to-deploy-for-hurricane-matthew-relief
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:43:40 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Carrier George Washington to deploy for Hurricane Matthew relief
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »
I love these stories. Let the anti-military liberals put it in their pipe and smoke it. If America is so evil; why is the Navy always one of the first on the scene after a disaster like this?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Carrier George Washington to deploy for Hurricane Matthew relief
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 06:12:44 pm »
When I was stationed on the Lexington, we would pull out every-time a hurricane entered the gulf.

One time the Captain waited too long to get underway. Even with 5 tugs pulling, we were stuck on the pier by the wind. Fortunately there was a lull and we were able to get underway.