Author Topic: BREAKING NY AG sends Cease and Desist to Trump Foundation for operating without proper certification.  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

While I do not like government meddling, oversight is crucial....especially in the area of charities where the scamming of good people's moneys is rampant. Too many charities take in enormous amounts of moneys and use the majority of the money to pay high salaries for the administration of the charities and worker perks with precious little getting to the advertised cause of the charity. More of these charities need to be exposed as the money makers for unscrupulous con men. A legitimate charity should have no problem with registering with the government and providing a complete accounting of all the money they have received from giving people.

One of the biggest scams is United Way.

Whenever I read most stories about the way Trump does business, one word comes to mind:  bully, and I don't mean as uttered by Teddy Roosevelt.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

What about the Clinton Foundation??  While I find Trump absolutely disgusting; Clinton is even more deplorable!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

While I do not like government meddling, oversight is crucial....especially in the area of charities where the scamming of good people's moneys is rampant. Too many charities take in enormous amounts of moneys and use the majority of the money to pay high salaries for the administration of the charities and worker perks with precious little getting to the advertised cause of the charity. More of these charities need to be exposed as the money makers for unscrupulous con men. A legitimate charity should have no problem with registering with the government and providing a complete accounting of all the money they have received from giving people.

The problem is, as you pointed out, gov't oversight or not the scamming still happens, so I do not see what benefit the gov't oversight actually provides.

Offline Resp3

This is yet another case of Donald Trump’s corruption and lack of ethics, as he points to the Clinton Foundation, which is actually saving lives around the world. These two scandals are nothing alike because there is no Clinton Foundation scandal. But there are many Trump Foundation scandals.
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/09/20/donald-trump-busted-self-dealing-money-foundation-settle-lawsuits.html

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are. The Clinton (CRIME) Foundation - with it's watered down AIDS drugs is "saving lives"???

HonestJohn

This being just the 3rd of October, It's a safe bet that by the 8th we'll find out he drowned his twin brother.

Who would have guessed the Clinton's could be such Dirty Campaigners, surely this thought was lost on the Trumpsters.

Who?

Everyone alive during the Clinton years, that's who.

Minus Trump supporters.

HonestJohn

The new GOP....Don't address what was done wrong....just ask why others haven't been given the same treatment. Sorry, but the GOP, just like individuals, need to worry about doing the right thing themselves no matter what the opposition has been doing. Unfortunately, the orange disaster has been corrupting all the I used to think was right about the GOP and even conservatives. The new GOP mentality is: anything is acceptable as long as it benefits myself (doesn't matter about the country anymore).

Yeah, I've noticed that for the last four years (it might have been going on for a longer period, but that's when I noticed it).

In essence, the new GOP attitude has morphed from the "Equal opportunity for all to success based on their own merit" to "I got mine!  Screw you!!!"

I remember the days of proudly being able to say that the Republican notion of equal opportunity was better than the Democrat notion of equal outcome (where everyone got the same, no matter how hard they worked.

That's been destroyed by the euro-conservatives in the GOP. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:28:16 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline RoosGirl

If there was no oversight the scamming would be on even a larger scale and there would be no way to distinguish between the good and bad. No agency to report the abuses to.
Oversight of charities is not the same as burdensome government over-regulating businesses.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ among others.  I think my overall point though is that among all of Trump's myriad faults, some missing paperwork for his charitable organization is toward the bottom of my list of issues with him.

Offline corbe

As a matter of fact I don't have a (Charitable) Foundation!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:26:21 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

I guess Trump didn't hire the best person to oversee his charity.  That is a minimum criticism, even if you don't care about the licensing.  Whoever is in charge should have known and followed the law.
Following the law would have defeated the whole purpose of it, though...a personal slush fund for self-dealing.  No signed helmets or ego-stoking portraits...funds might have had to actually go to charity!   :pondering:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Here in NY, it's common knowledge that Schneiderman is a partisan DEMOCRAT and big HILLARY supporter. Can you say political witchhunt?

@aligncare
It's honorable of you to point out that Trump should have been busted long ago, but his illegal activity was given free rein so it could be revealed for the election.

Yes, one of many October surprises.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

Here in NY, it's common knowledge that Schneiderman is a partisan DEMOCRAT and big HILLARY supporter. Can you say political witchhunt?

@aligncare

So it appears ALL THAT MONEY he donated to the NY Democrat machine all those years was another stupid decision on his part that did not 'PAY OFF'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Following the law would have defeated the whole purpose of it, though...a personal slush fund for self-dealing.  No signed helmets or ego-stoking portraits...funds might have had to actually go to charity!   :pondering:
The other purpose, of course, was as a tax shelter.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

All right, so the AG is a Democrat, and Hillary's corrupt, too.

So what?  Have we lowered ourselves to the point that "they do it, too" is our mantra?  We used to try to be better than the left, and we sure as hell tried to run candidates that were at least distinguishable from the left in some way.

Again---good job, primary voters.

Oceander

What a dumb idiot.  This is such low fruit Schneiderman didn't even have to reach up to pluck it.  Doesn't he have anyone in his legal department who bothered to check the NY nonprofit laws?

Trump seems to have a really bad habit of handing his own head to his political enemies, with a smile on his face even.

Offline kevindavis007

All right, so the AG is a Democrat, and Hillary's corrupt, too.

So what?  Have we lowered ourselves to the point that "they do it, too" is our mantra?  We used to try to be better than the left, and we sure as hell tried to run candidates that were at least distinguishable from the left in some way.

Again---good job, primary voters.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Silver Pines

:amen:

@kevindavis

I just don't see how anyone except Trump can be blamed here.  Of course he should have known it wasn't licensed.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump Donated to this guys election campaign, another Brilliant move there Donnie.

TRUMP, DONALD J    :silly: $12,500    12-Oct-10   SCHNEIDERMAN FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL, INC.   2010 11 Pre General   A   Attorney General   NA   N/A   N/A   D         

Awesome catch!

Oceander

Trump Donated to this guys election campaign, another Brilliant move there Donnie.

TRUMP, DONALD J    :silly: $12,500    12-Oct-10   SCHNEIDERMAN FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL, INC.   2010 11 Pre General   A   Attorney General   NA   N/A   N/A   D         

Seriously!!  What a maroon.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yes he is, and it's likely he's known that Trump was acting outside the law for some time.  He waited until it could do the most damage.

Law and order for other people.  Trump make Trump rich again!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HAPPY2BME

Political theatrics.

Where's the AG with respect to the CLINTON CRIME FOUNDATION and their scams and schemes?

===============================

more crickets

Offline Suppressed

more crickets

She registered.

Guess she already hired the brightest people, so the dunce got stuck without, eh?  I wonder why Swillary could figure it out, but her opponent couldn't.
+++++++++

Offline corbe

Don't you have to Admit @HAPPY2BME that cheap a$$ Trump even got beat at the 'donate all the money to the NY democrat machine' to protect his interest?

While he was whining about giving $12,500 in 2011 to the NY AG that peeded in his Wheaties this Morning, Hillary was giving MILLIONS........

Oceander

more crickets

All Trump had to do was get a minimally competent lawyer to properly register his nonprofit with NY and then provide the required financials.  He could have gotten that for $500 or so, flat fee; it doesn't take a $1,000 an hour biglaw partner to work that out.

Your boy was so effing stupid and/or lazy that he handed this to Schneiderman on a silver platter.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.  Doesn't say too much about those who follow him, either:  dumber, dumber, dumber.

Offline corbe

All Trump had to do was get a minimally competent lawyer to properly register his nonprofit with NY and then provide the required financials.  He could have gotten that for $500 or so, flat fee; it doesn't take a $1,000 an hour biglaw partner to work that out.

Your boy was so effing stupid and/or lazy that he handed this to Schneiderman on a silver platter.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.  Doesn't say too much about those who follow him, either:  dumber, dumber, dumber.

In his infinite wisdom Trump thought $12,500 should cover that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Political theatrics.

Where's the AG with respect to the CLINTON CRIME FOUNDATION and their scams and schemes?

Quite common response when your candidate is breaking the law.  Not much of an argument for Trump though.  All it says is that both candidates break the law.  What is that supposed to mean for voters?  I mean should we figure out which one profited more from illegal activity and decide that one is the moral candidate?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.