Author Topic: Hillary -Who Lost $6 Billion of YOUR MONEY at State Dept- Bashes Trump for Losing $1 Billion of HIS MONEY in Business  (Read 935 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary -Who Lost $6 Billion of YOUR MONEY at State Dept- Bashes Trump for Losing $1 Billion of HIS MONEY in Business

Jim Hoft Oct 4th, 2016 7:38 am

Pot Meet Kettle–

Hillary Clinton attacked Donald Trump on Monday for losing nearly a billion dollars of HIS MONEY in a single year.

“What kind of genius loses $1 billion in a single year?”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/hillary-lost-6-billion-money-1-year-bashes-trump-losing-1-billion-money-1-year/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This wasn't 'his' money as if he lost money out of his account. The money he lost was business losses, losses that were based on highly debt leveraged buildings (a lot of which was double and triple leveraged from his prior 1990 multi-billion dollar bailout). Also with his losses were taxpayer money, up to 1.8 billion in bond offerings New Jersey had to cover off his Atlantic City properties. The 1 Billion number is his share of those loses that he shifted to his personal tax statements but they are part of much larger business losses.

He has run his businesses like a guy who runs up credit cards, then gets more credit cards to make minimum payments on the ones he maxed out, then he continues that over and over until he can no longer get credit, then he gets bailed out or goes bankrupt and starts over again- lather, rinse, repeat.

This was 'his money' like a teenage girl running up her daddy's credit card is spending her money... technically no, it is your daddy's money but also, being drawn on a bank loan so it is the bank and her customer's money.

Offline montanajoe

I'd like to see this issue evolve into a serious national discussion into the role of government influence and the tax code, in particular, on business. Unfortunately, it will just be the other guy did it worse...

If a business cannot survive without government intervention then it should fail. Allowing a business, to have taxpayers subsidize it's billion dollar loss over 15 years in addition four bankruptcy's  is insane.

The tax code should only allow losses in the year incurred, or possibly the following year, but 15 years is ridiculous and effectively puts the government in the role of picking winners and losers which is clearly not it's function.....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'd like to see this issue evolve into a serious national discussion into the role of government influence and the tax code, in particular, on business. Unfortunately, it will just be the other guy did it worse...

If a business cannot survive without government intervention then it should fail. Allowing a business, to have taxpayers subsidize it's billion dollar loss over 15 years in addition four bankruptcy's  is insane.

The tax code should only allow losses in the year incurred, or possibly the following year, but 15 years is ridiculous and effectively puts the government in the role of picking winners and losers which is clearly not it's function.....

I'm not sure if you saw on several other threads I posted that this was one of many major losses and bailouts in his history. At that, he and his businesses were just bailed out a few years prior, in 1990 for billions by Wall Street and the Government (New Jersey had to foot 1.8 Billion bond offerings). He was the original too big to fail business.

And those weren't the only ones. You look at his history, it is a pattern of running up massive debt, getting bailed out, run up more debt, get bailed out...

Hell, even Soros bailed him out in 2008, but shhhh, don't look behind that curtain or you may realize that Soros has his bets hedged in this race.

Offline montanajoe

I'm not sure if you saw on several other threads I posted that this was one of many major losses and bailouts in his history. At that, he and his businesses were just bailed out a few years prior, in 1990 for billions by Wall Street and the Government (New Jersey had to foot 1.8 Billion bond offerings). He was the original too big to fail business.

And those weren't the only ones. You look at his history, it is a pattern of running up massive debt, getting bailed out, run up more debt, get bailed out...

Hell, even Soros bailed him out in 2008, but shhhh, don't look behind that curtain or you may realize that Soros has his bets hedged in this race.

I did see the other posts. I think Trump is an glaring example but he is not by any means the only example. If this country wants to be globally competitive then a failed business needs to fail and the only role of government, if any, should be the administration of the bankruptcy..