Author Topic: Sen. Rubio (and Rep. Heck) assisted after Ohio County crash  (Read 734 times)

Offline mountaineer

Sen. Rubio (and Rep. Heck) assisted after Ohio County crash
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:13:43 am »
WTOV, Steubenville, Ohio
WHEELING, W.Va. — Former presidential candidate Marco Rubio, a Senator from Florida, and U.S. Representative Joe Heck were among the first on the scene of a fatal accident on Thursday night along I-70 near The Highlands.

The two members of Congress were attending an event at Undo’s West in St. Clairsville earlier in the evening and pulled over upon seeing the accident and offered help.

According to Ohio County Sheriff Pat Butler, the man who died in the crash was Bernard Bachmann, 62, of Washington, Pa.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Sen. Rubio (and Rep. Heck) assisted after Ohio County crash
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 12:14:40 am »

Heck, Rubio assist at car crash scene
By Kevin Robillard
09/30/16 05:30 PM EDT

Nevada Rep. Joe Heck and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio helped victims of a deadly car crash in West Virginia on Thursday night.

The two Republicans were driving to their hotel after an event in Ohio when a semi-trailer truck on the opposite side of the road lost control and crossed the median, striking the three cars driving in front of them. Rubio and Heck, who is a trained combat surgeon, pulled over. They helped a victim escape from a car and provided assistance to the others until EMTs arrived. Heck pronounced one victim dead at the scene.

Bernard Howard Bachmann, 62, was the victim, WTRF reported. The station reported the truck may have hydroplaned on the wet road, and it doesn't appear alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash.

"Lisa and I want to join the Rubios in offering prayers and condolences to those grieving and wish a speedy recovery to the injured. As always, we have great respect for the first responders who handle such cases every day," Heck said in a statement.

"Jeanette and I send our prayers and condolences to the family of the individual who tragically lost their life in Thursday night’s accident in West Virginia," Rubio said in a statement. "I want to thank all of the first responders who arrived quickly and did their jobs with swift professionalism. Please join me in praying for all those affected."

Politico

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 01:02:23 pm »
Posted on Facebook page of WTRF (Wheeling, WV):
Travis William Wilcox         My truck is the one tipped over on its side in the above picture. Marcus Rubio and Joe Heck were nothing short of good samaritans that night. They brought an umbrella out for us so we wouldn't be standing in the cold rain. They brought a first aid kit out of their car just in case any of us needed minor help. They even were helping the second survivor of this accident out of his vehicle. We were lucky to have such caring and kind people pull over to help us. I probably will never get the chance to thank Marcus and Joe in person for their kindness, but I do hope they see this post and know that I am so grateful for them being exemplary citizens. I can say I am truly blessed for coming out of this traumatic event alive, but one man did not. Please keep Bernard and his family in your prayers as myself and many others are doing.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:39:11 pm »
Townhall
Jason Hopkins
Oct. 1, 2016

Senator Marco Rubio and Nevada Rep. Joe Heck were driving together Thursday night when a deadly car crash took place right in front of them.

The two Republicans were coming back from a campaign event in Ohio and on the road in West Virginia when a semi-trailer truck lost control and passed the median – striking three vehicles in front of the lawmakers. Rubio and Heck immediately pulled over to assist in the scene. They helped pull one victim out of a car. Heck, using his skills as a trained combat surgeon, was able to tend to others physically wounded until emergency responders arrived.

More... http://townhall.com/tipsheet/jasonhopkins/2016/10/01/senator-rubio-and-rep-heck-at-scene-of-deadly-car-crash-helped-victims-until-emts-arrived-n2226514

Kudos.