Author Topic: Jeb Bush says it would make a 'powerful statement' if everybody didn't vote – and trashes Kathleen Kennedy Townsend for leaking that his dad is voting for Hillary  (Read 1118 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeb Bush says it would make a 'powerful statement' if everybody didn't vote – and trashes Kathleen Kennedy Townsend for leaking that his dad is voting for Hillary

Jeb Bush is denying a report that claimed he's voting for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson - he may not vote at all
    The Republican's father George H.W. Bush had his plans to cross party lines at vote for Hillary Clinton revealed by Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
    She's the daughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy and serves on the board of the bipartisan charity George H.W. Bush founded
    Bush said at a Thursday event at a venue named after Townsend's uncle, John F. Kennedy, that he thought her behavior was 'a little inappropriate'

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:44 EST, 30 September 2016 | Updated: 10:21 EST, 30 September 2016

Jeb Bush is denying a report that claimed he's voting for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson. Bush says he hasn't made a decision and suggested he may not cast a ballot at all.

'If everybody didn't vote, that would be a pretty powerful political statement, wouldn't it?' he said, according to CNN, after he was asked what would happen if other voters followed his lead.

The Republican politician's father George H.W. Bush had his plans to cross party lines at vote for Hillary Clinton revealed by Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, the daughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy.

Bush said at a Thursday event in Massachusetts at a venue named after Townsend's uncle, John F. Kennedy, that he thought her behavior was 'a little inappropriate' and trashed her for taking advantage of his father.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3815876/Jeb-Bush-says-make-powerful-statement-everybody-didn-t-vote-trashes-Kathleen-Kennedy-Townsend-leaking-dad-voting-Hillary.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

I know quite a few people, Republican, Democrat, independent or whatever, who say they will stay home on Election Day. While I sympathize,  I think it's a bad idea.  Don't exercise your right to vote and you could lose it. 

Not sure what I'll do about the presidential race, but I have a Republican senator and a couple of Republican state officials to vote for.  If I have to be carried into the polling place, I'm going to vote.

IMHO, Yeb is irresponsible for advising voters to stay home.  However, he is right -- Kathleen Townsend should have kept her yap shut.  It's no one's business who President Bush is voting for.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:43:07 pm by Applewood »

Offline Night Hides Not

I'll be voting, but it's going to be tough all the way around.

My Rep Kenny Marchant has done nothing, other than give blind support to Boehner and Ryan. His opponent is a CPA, but I checked her website that indicates she supports NYC values more than Texas values.

And this is a district that's 70% Republican, if not more.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline unknown

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Senior Jeb is a taco short of a combination plate.
Even you folks leave the tops spot blank you want them to vote down ticket. This is just stupid. If you had a massive number of people not vote the media will just look at the participation rate and tell us how nobody cares about America anyways.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Applewood

I'll be voting, but it's going to be tough all the way around.

My Rep Kenny Marchant has done nothing, other than give blind support to Boehner and Ryan. His opponent is a CPA, but I checked her website that indicates she supports NYC values more than Texas values.

And this is a district that's 70% Republican, if not more.

Not that thrilled with my Republicans senator, but he's infinitely better than the screeching feminist Democrat running against him.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Jeb Bush says it would make a 'powerful statement' if everybody didn't vote

Sure.  The statement would be "we don't like either of these candidates".

And then what?  What difference does it make?  One of them is still going to win, and laugh all the way to the White House at all the people who didn't like him/her but stayed home.  And the next election in 2020 will involve at least one different candidate, and the other will convince themselves that things are different this time.  And the "message" will be forgotten/irrelevant.

Offline skeeter

Seems like this should really bring the Trumpsters out in a spittle flecked rage. But they aren't as interested in what 'moderate' republican Yeb says as they are in ol' conservative Ted, for some reason.