Author Topic: Obama’s 110,000 refugee plan for 2017 is a CEILING! A Trump administration could turn off the spigot  (Read 514 times)

rangerrebew

Obama’s 110,000 refugee plan for 2017 is a CEILING! A Trump administration could turn off the spigot

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 29, 2016

For all the years I’ve been writing RRW (9 now), I’ve seen the Open Borders advocates and the Resettlement contractors*** try to make the President’s proposed numbers (his determination) for the upcoming fiscal year a REQUIRED GOAL.  It is not! It is a CEILING. There is no requirement that they must reach that number and in fact most times they don’t.
leahy-and-durbin

If Donald Trump is elected and uses his power by cutting refugee admissions, expect much wailing and gnashing of teeth from Senators Dick Durban and Patrick Leahy, two of the most important members of the Senate welcoming tens of thousands of Middle Eastern and African refugees to your towns.

I’ve posted a table below from the Refugee Processing Center so you will have some idea what the ceiling was each year since 2006 and the number they hit.

By the way, failure to reach that number can usually be attributed to not enough resettlement sites and capacity in those sites (very often a limiting factor is the availability of enough cheap housing), or it might simply be that the UNHCR hasn’t processed enough refugees for us that year.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2016/09/29/obamas-110000-refugee-plan-for-2017-is-a-ceiling-a-trump-administration-could-turn-off-the-spigot/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:29:51 am by rangerrebew »