Author Topic: Hollywood Republicans Feel Under Siege in ‘Toxic’ Anti-Trump Industry  (Read 1704 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hollywood Republicans Feel Under Siege in ‘Toxic’ Anti-Trump Industry

“There are many people who are voting for Donald Trump but are too afraid to admit it,” publicist Roger Neal tells TheWrap
Itay Hod | September 29, 2016 @ 9:18 AM

Being a Republican in Hollywood has always been somewhat taboo. But many conservatives report the stakes are even higher for them this year since GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump is an even more polarizing figure than past conservative candidates.

That has led some to remain silent about their support of the real estate mogul in order to avoid damaging consequences to their careers in an industry built on personal relationships.

“There are many people who are voting for Donald Trump but are too afraid to admit it,” Roger Neal, a Trump supporter and founder of the Hollywood PR and management firm NPR, told TheWrap. “Things have gotten really nasty in Hollywood lately.”

Read More At: http://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-republicans-feel-under-siege-in-toxic-anti-trump-industry/

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Hollywood Republicans Feel Under Siege in ‘Toxic’ Anti-Trump Industry
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 12:23:14 am »

They just rehashed the same talking points from the Romney fiasco. Hollywood Republicans consist of about 10 people that vote for whatever liberal the GOP runs so I'm not real worked up about their woes.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 12:36:35 am »
They just rehashed the same talking points from the Romney fiasco. Hollywood Republicans consist of about 10 people that vote for whatever liberal the GOP runs so I'm not real worked up about their woes.

Yup, poor babies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 12:39:54 am »
Only problem is that they equated "Conservative" and "Republican". The two are not equivalent, especially this year.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:45:37 am »
Only problem is that they equated "Conservative" and "Republican". The two are not equivalent, especially this year.

We all need to abandon the word, I think. Call ourselves "Reaganists". Because today the word 'conservative' has the same problem 'Gay' does. It was co-opted by leftists and had the Ministry of Truth redefinition applied.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:09:57 am »
bleep Hollywood. Garbage movies, unoriginal tripe.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 01:53:19 am »
We all need to abandon the word, I think. Call ourselves "Reaganists". Because today the word 'conservative' has the same problem 'Gay' does. It was co-opted by leftists and had the Ministry of Truth redefinition applied.
I kinda like something on the order of Constitutionalists just because TPTB would have trouble cussing us after they'd had a few drinks. :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 01:55:50 am »
I kinda like something on the order of Constitutionalists just because TPTB would have trouble cussing us after they'd had a few drinks. :laugh:

True. It also would cause spazouts by Trumpies that say we 'worship the constitution'

Win/win. :amen:

geronl

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 02:03:06 am »
Trump is toxic. Trump is not even a Republican.

Trump is the lowest form of scum on Earth.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:01:49 am »
Yeah well join the rest of us.  Non supporters are under siege also.  Its a bitter race.  I have friends who have distanced themselves from me also.  I work with lots of Trump supporters.  If you have to keep quiet keep quiet I guess.  Nothing special.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 04:06:44 am »
This could be said of any GOP candidate and the Hollyweird Left. This isn't anything remarkable.

BTW, didn't little Donny say he would have yuge support from celebrities because he was friends with all of them?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 04:12:45 am »
This could be said of any GOP candidate and the Hollyweird Left. This isn't anything remarkable.

BTW, didn't little Donny say he would have yuge support from celebrities because he was friends with all of them?

That was yesterday's truth. Today that truth is different. You gotta keep up current truth.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 10:59:57 am »

I like Constitutionalist!
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.