Author Topic: James Comey: DOJ Gave Mills Immunity, Not the FBI  (Read 486 times)

rangerrebew

James Comey: DOJ Gave Mills Immunity, Not the FBI
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:48:10 pm »
Comments

Posted by Mary Chastain      Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 8:30pm

Once again, we’re left with more questions than answers.
James Comey Congressional Hearing Hillary   

FBI Director James Comey has continued to face criticism over his bureau’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email, including the numerous immunity deals given to her aides. Well, it turns out, the FBI didn’t give immunity to Cheryl Mills, a longtime aide:

“Who authorized granting Cheryl Mills immunity?” Rep. John Sensenbrenner asked.

“It’s a decision made by the Department of Justice, I don’t know at what level inside,” Comey responded. “In our investigations, any kind of immunity comes from the prosecutors, not the investigators.”

The FBI doesn’t hand out immunity deals:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/09/james-comey-doj-gave-mills-immunity-not-the-fbi/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:48:52 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: James Comey: DOJ Gave Mills Immunity, Not the FBI
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 04:01:03 pm »
Comments

Posted by Mary Chastain      Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 8:30pm

Once again, we’re left with more questions than answers.
James Comey Congressional Hearing Hillary   

FBI Director James Comey has continued to face criticism over his bureau’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email, including the numerous immunity deals given to her aides. Well, it turns out, the FBI didn’t give immunity to Cheryl Mills, a longtime aide:

“Who authorized granting Cheryl Mills immunity?” Rep. John Sensenbrenner asked.

“It’s a decision made by the Department of Justice, I don’t know at what level inside,” Comey responded. “In our investigations, any kind of immunity comes from the prosecutors, not the investigators.”

The FBI doesn’t hand out immunity deals:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/09/james-comey-doj-gave-mills-immunity-not-the-fbi/

That's true, but it is pretty rare for the prosecutors to grant immunity unless it is requested by law enforcement pursuant to an investigation.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:34 pm »
Would that be true if the immunity came from either Looowretta Lynch or Imam Obama?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 08:58:59 pm »
That's true, but it is pretty rare for the prosecutors to grant immunity unless it is requested by law enforcement pursuant to an investigation.
@rangerrebew

I don't think investigators should be making recommendations at any level on plea deals. It should all fall under the purview of the judicial branch. Defense and prosecution.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley