Author Topic: Democrats Just Signed Bill That CHANGES the 2016 Election!  (Read 1549 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Just Signed Bill That CHANGES the 2016 Election!
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:10:17 pm »
Democrats Just Signed Bill That CHANGES the 2016 Election!
Kosar
Featured Contributor

The State of California – which is on the verge of bankruptcy – will officially allow felons to vote in the 2016 presidential election! In fact, ballots will be distributed to those still in prison!

Governor Jerry Brown has approved the measure, passed by Democrats in the state legislature. This is a big deal for 2016:

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/democrats-just-signed-bill-changes-2016-election/#ixzz4LeqqQDS6

Offline sinkspur

Re: Democrats Just Signed Bill That CHANGES the 2016 Election!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:17:22 pm »
So Democrats will win bigger.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:58:10 pm »
The legislation takes effect January 1, 2017, so it will not affect the current election.

Not that it would matter a bit, because Donald Trump has about as much chance of winning California as Charles Manson has of ever getting out of prison.

At least he'll be able to vote now.

#Helter Skelter
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 04:01:08 pm »
California is due to Schwartzenegger. Trump will do the same to the nation.  **nononono*

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 04:29:31 pm »
I have long thought that we need a constitutional amendment that:

1) Requires states to maintain a list / database of registered federal voters as opposed to registered state voters
2) Requires that the states purge ALL voters from the voting rolls no sooner than Jan 1st following a presidential election and no later than March 1st following a presidential election
3) Requires each person when registering to do so in person and to require proof of residence.  Individuals who by reason of medical condition are unable to travel to place of registration, my request the state provide a person to travel to their location to register the voter.
4) Requires each state to notify the prior state when a person changes their state of residence
5) Requires each state to stop receiving registrations OF ANY KIND, 30 days prior to an election that has a federal officer on the ballot
6) Requires each voter to be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state in which they are voting
7) Requires that each state suspend the voting privileges of any convicted felon who is either incarcerated or on parole.  Rights can be restored after completion of sentence, or vacating the sentence.
8) Requires that each state limit absentee ballots to those that request an absentee ballot no later than 30 days prior, to only those that are out of state at the time of election or who due to medical condition, are unable to travel to a polling place.
9) Specifically prohibits the states from adding any person to the federal voting roll by any automatic means (no motor voter laws for federal elections)
10) Requires the state to verify each voter with a government issued ID prior to receiving a ballot for voting

Enacting these 10 items will significantly reduce any voter fraud.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 05:11:19 pm »

1) Requires states to maintain a list / database of registered federal voters as opposed to registered state voters
2) Requires that the states purge ALL voters from the voting rolls no sooner than Jan 1st following a presidential election and no later than March 1st following a presidential election
3) Requires each person when registering to do so in person and to require proof of residence.  Individuals who by reason of medical condition are unable to travel to place of registration, my request the state provide a person to travel to their location to register the voter.
4) Requires each state to notify the prior state when a person changes their state of residence
5) Requires each state to stop receiving registrations OF ANY KIND, 30 days prior to an election that has a federal officer on the ballot
6) Requires each voter to be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state in which they are voting
7) Requires that each state suspend the voting privileges of any convicted felon who is either incarcerated or on parole.  Rights can be restored after completion of sentence, or vacating the sentence.
8) Requires that each state limit absentee ballots to those that request an absentee ballot no later than 30 days prior, to only those that are out of state at the time of election or who due to medical condition, are unable to travel to a polling place.
9) Specifically prohibits the states from adding any person to the federal voting roll by any automatic means (no motor voter laws for federal elections)
10) Requires the state to verify each voter with a government issued ID prior to receiving a ballot for voting

Having the federal government decide who can be on the state voting roles is the wrong direction in law.

We want less federal government, not more.

That same process could be forcing states to accept any resident as a voter.

10th amendment needs to be followed.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 06:14:53 pm »
Having the federal government decide who can be on the state voting roles is the wrong direction in law.

We want less federal government, not more.

That same process could be forcing states to accept any resident as a voter.

10th amendment needs to be followed.

Agreed.

The fortunes of this country lie with the states, not some entity the states created for a few, discreet purposes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 06:16:38 pm »
California is due to Schwartzenegger. Trump will do the same to the nation.  **nononono*

Those two are very alike: priority on fiscal responsibility, low priority on social issues.

The latter constitutes a lack of conservatism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 06:39:19 pm »
For resources, scenic beauty and for having many good people, I'm sure California is fine, it's bursting with its population but:

Out there, some state elections have the candidates who do best,  so if that means 2 Democrats facing off against each other, that is the way it is. The system has broken down.

Some of the bills that that legislature brings up are absolutely awful.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48:52 pm »
I wonder if the convicts will be required to vote, vote democrat, or face an extended sentence.  If so, I want to know how Charles Manson voted in 2017.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 11:38:41 pm »

No. 8 Would make voting weather dependent for folks who live outside of town in this state and others. That could skew results, especially on initiated measures. Especially elderly folks will vote absentee to keep from possibly having to drive in white-out or blizzard conditions to vote.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:40:37 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 12:01:47 pm »

No. 8 Would make voting weather dependent for folks who live outside of town in this state and others. That could skew results, especially on initiated measures. Especially elderly folks will vote absentee to keep from possibly having to drive in white-out or blizzard conditions to vote.

I've lost the opportunity to vote once because of problems at work kept us too late at the office.  I alway try to vote early to never have that happen again. 

Folks that work long shifts like nurses can get shut out of voting if those type of rules were put in place.  Not all of us workers have set hours that always allow a vote on Tuesday between 7 am and 7 pm.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »
pointless since there is only one party in that state anyway

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 12:06:59 pm »
Welcome to the wonders of federalism, folks.  States control how elections are done within the state.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 12:09:30 pm »
pointless since there is only one party in that state anyway
In what state? Oh, California? I heard there were Republicans in the north and east...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:11:04 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis