Author Topic: Tennessee college student arrested after wearing gorilla mask to Black Lives Matter protest  (Read 973 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tennessee college student arrested after wearing gorilla mask to Black Lives Matter protest 

A Tennessee man wore a gorilla mask, carried a rope and tried to hand out bananas at a college Black Lives Matter protest Wednesday, police said.

East Tennessee State University campus police arrested freshman student Tristan Rettke, who is white, on a charge of civil rights intimidation following the disruption, the Johnson City Press reported. University officials condemned his act and scheduled a community discussion.

A video published by the newspaper showed the man later identified as Rettke wearing overalls and also holding a burlap sack with a marijuana leaf and Confederate flag on it. He dangled a banana with the rope toward the dozen or so demonstrators in the video.

Read More At: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/tenn-student-arrested-wearing-gorilla-mask-blm-protest-article-1.2810820

It wouldn't surprise me if some lawyer, ACLU, you know they defended the protest in Skokie Illinois or someone else, could end up defending this character.

An ugly thing to do; but we don't always have the right to not be offended, but...

I see he is being charged with "Civil Rights intimidation". This does sound right though, we don't want to offend whatever minority, Chinese for example or whomever, whites, the police, etc.

Interesting questions, this is over-the-top to me.

Does Black Lives Matter ever have protesters saying offensive things? I think so. This guy though, went all out.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:05:59 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline endicom

"The late Tristan Rettke..."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/tristan-rettke/bz_5zMmkEeO00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/lacrosse-stats.htm

If it is the same person and I assume it is,  he was an athlete in High School, played La Crosse and apparently ice hockey too; he was a goal keeper.

http://www.eteamz.com/hhsicehockey/stats/

I can see, if one went to a college as this one is; and some folks set up a "Black Lives Matter" protest for 3 days(?) which seems what the article says, one could take offense to that as well.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Does Black Lives Matter ever have protesters saying offensive things? I think so. This guy though, went all out.

Right. BLM can say "what do we want, dead cops", "Kill white people" etc. but putting on a gorilla suit and handing out bananas gets you arrested?

Ridiculous.

Online goatprairie

Right. BLM can say "what do we want, dead cops", "Kill white people" etc. but putting on a gorilla suit and handing out bananas gets you arrested?

Ridiculous.
If the liberal tide continues we will see more things classified as "civil rights violations" and "hate crimes." If certain favored groups feel "disrespected" and "not safe," the laws will be changed to throw in prison people who commit those ..uh...heinous acts. Liberals are just getting started.