Author Topic: Iconic Marine Corps slogan 'The Few, the Proud' will be replaced  (Read 947 times)

rangerrebew

Iconic Marine Corps slogan 'The Few, the Proud' will be replaced
« on: September 27, 2016, 04:26:54 pm »
September 27, 2016
Iconic Marine Corps slogan 'The Few, the Proud' will be replaced
By Rick Moran

Since 1977, the Marine Corps has used the slogan "The Few, The Proud" to market itself to potential recruits.  Now the Marines think it's time to update their image and create a slogan that better describes their mission.

Washington Times:

“‘The Few, The Proud,’ does a great job distinguishing ourselves from the other branches and making us prestigious to recruits, but it doesn’t say anything about what we do or why we exist,” Lt. Col. John Caldwell, a spokesman for Marine Corps Recruiting Command, told the Marine Corps Times on Monday. “The new products are going to frame everything that we do as a fight — a fight that we intend to win.”

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/09/iconic_marine_corps_slogan_the_few_the_proud_will_be_replaced.html#ixzz4LTSbXZPV
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Iconic Marine Corps slogan 'The Few, the Proud' will be replaced
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:19:30 pm »
It will be hard to replace. Marines exist to be the best.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 08:36:12 pm »
I'm guessing something along the lines of:

"Fight Global Warming and the Patriarchy!"  Sounds about right if Hillary wins.

Big reason why I'm voting for the Orange Freak.  He won't be out to destroy my Marine Corps.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:53:20 pm »
I'm guessing something along the lines of:

"Fight Global Warming and the Patriarchy!"  Sounds about right if Hillary wins.

Big reason why I'm voting for the Orange Freak.  He won't be out to destroy my Marine Corps.

New Marine Corps slogan under Pres. Hillary Clinton: "We're Looking For a Few Average Persons of Indeterminate Gender".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:53:37 pm »
If Obama/Hillary and their acolytes have their way, The Few, The Proud, and The Brave, will become The Politically Correct, The Cheerful, and The Pretty.

The Navy has become that already.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 09:41:23 pm »
I recall that when the Iraq War began, several members of the armed forces told the media that they "didn't sign up for this," that they joined the military only so they'd have money to go to college or learn a valuable skill.  I don't recall a single Marine saying something similar.

My son is a Marine.