Author Topic: Donald Trump Struggles to Deal With Debate Loss  (Read 5129 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Donald Trump Struggles to Deal With Debate Loss
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:09 pm »
Trump, on the smart people at his rally today:

I have one word for that.....

DUMB.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2016, 11:45:36 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Actually, dear, even a stock response from you would be a grand improvement, lol.

I like it when you call me dear.  It speaks of your affection for me.  I think we should be best friends!

Here's the difference:  Romney had huge crowds in the final weeks of the campaign.  Donald Trump has had huge crowds for 15 consecutive months....and now they're growing larger.    888blackhat 

And it's great news!!   888high58888

Is it really?

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/08/04/trump-with-crowds-like-these-how-come-were-not-winning/

"Big rallies in themselves have almost no predictive value to electoral results, and perhaps especially so when the campaign is almost entirely oriented to big rallies. "

and

"However, general-election campaigns require major-party candidates to expand their reach, not just keep attracting the same voters over and over again. That isn’t measured by crowd sizes, but (until Election Day at least) by polling"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/27/politics/2016-election-crowd-size/

"It's the most deceptive sign in politics.

Every four years, a presidential candidate gazes out over a vast crowd and convinces themselves the White House is there for the taking."

and

"Yet every election, candidates and aides, seeking silver linings when beset by bad polls, indulge the wishful thought that bulging rallies will mean a stampede at the ballot box."

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polls-arent-skewed-trump-really-is-losing-badly/

"Or you point to Trump’s rally sizes, though George McGovern in 1972, Walter Mondale in 1984 and Mitt Romney in 2012 all had large crowd sizes and lost.

People, though, should stick to reality..."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2016, 02:06:32 am »
"Big rallies in themselves have almost no predictive value to electoral results, and perhaps especially so when the campaign is almost entirely oriented to big rallies. "

IOW, Everybody buys a ticket when the circus comes to town.