Author Topic: Glenn Beck faces reality: I was wrong about Ted Cruz  (Read 7588 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Glenn Beck faces reality: I was wrong about Ted Cruz
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 05:27:03 pm »
The liberal/leftist media is making a to-do about Beck's one remark:
Glenn Beck Loses It Over Ted Cruz, Wants To Be Covered In ‘Bucket Of Blood
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/glenn-beck-ted-cruz-bucket-of-blood_us_57e9ce67e4b024a52d2a1071??te=TMZ

"Which one? Which one? I contend neither of them ― and so we will just soak each other in buckets of blood. We’ll be a happy little bumper-sticker community that shames one another to make sure you walk in goose-step with all the other Hillary supporters or walk in goose-step with all the other Trump supporters.”

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 08:05:17 pm »
Ted Cruz is exactly right about the choice voters face in November.  Do you want Trump or Clinton, because one of them will be the next President.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:06:28 pm by Eowyn »

Silver Pines

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »
Ted Cruz is exactly right about the choice voters face in November.  Do you want Areump or Clinton, because on of them will be the next President.

@Eowyn

Neither.  That's why I won't take part in inflicting either of them on the country.

It's very simple.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2016, 02:18:55 pm »
No conservative should sit out an election that decides who will replace Anton Scalia on the highest court.

Its very simple...there are only two outcomes.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:08 pm »
Ted Cruz is exactly right about the choice voters face in November.  Do you want Areump or Clinton, because on of them will be the next President.

No he's not right.

I can choose "Neither" because neither of the choices represent a single value I have, personal or political.

I still respect Ted Cruz, but he is dead wrong about this.  It is not a "binary choice" when both choices are corrupt and amoral, and entirely lacking in integrity and virtue.

Pressure to make me vote against my conscience and ethical standards will not succeed.  Some things are worth fighting for.

I cannot, I will not recant.  Here I stand.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:41 pm »
No conservative should sit out an election that decides who will replace Anton Scalia on the highest court.

The only way there are two outcomes is if someone is holding a gun to my head and forcing me to vote for one of the two.  Since that's not the case, I have quite a few options.  Your problem is that you don't like it, but your dislike doesn't change facts.

No man who says he's a Democrat in lots of ways and says he doesn't care if the Senate goes Democrat will appoint decent judges.  To believe he will is a fantasy born of desperation.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 06:46:35 pm »

No man who says he's a Democrat in lots of ways and says he doesn't care if the Senate goes Democrat will appoint decent judges.  To believe he will is a fantasy born of desperation.

Time to put a falsehood to bed.

The President DOES NOT APPOINT SUPREME COURT JUSTICES TO THEIR SEATS.   HE NOMINATES THEM.

THE SENATE MUST CONFIRM THE NOMNEE.

The fact is - Trump could appoint a Scalia clone for the bench and the Democrats have already vowed to block any Conservative nominee to the High Court.

Everyone is tilting at windmills over this issue.  Voting for Trump will no more put a Conservative on the court than if one votes for Hillary.  It is most likely only a liberal will be nominated and seated.  That's just the plain truth.

So voting for Trump to 'save' our rights because of a nomination of a justice to the Supreme Court is beyond stupid.  You might as well state that you are voting for Trump so you can win the lottery.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Longmire

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2016, 08:55:43 pm »
The only way there are two outcomes is if someone is holding a gun to my head and forcing me to vote for one of the two.

The number of possible outcomes for this election is predetermined lady,  either Trump or Clinton will become President.

Lets agree on that much ok?

geronl

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »
Ted is a politician. Sad to see him lying for Trump.

geronl

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:10 pm »
The notion that Trump would nominate a conservative for SCOTUS is a ridiculous fantasy that defies all reality

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2016, 09:02:33 pm »
The number of possible outcomes for this election is predetermined lady,  either Trump or Clinton will become President.

Lets agree on that much ok?
False.

There's also the slim possibility that Johnson siphons off enough electoral votes in a few western states to send this to the House, where all three would be put on the ballot.

It's about as much of a chance as we have of Trump actually governing as a conservative.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2016, 09:04:18 pm »
The notion that Trump would nominate a conservative for SCOTUS is a ridiculous fantasy that defies all reality

Aye.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2016, 09:10:19 pm »

I'm voting for Pat Toomey, with the hope that he'll vote whether or not to confirm the next SCOTUS nominee.

But no way in hell will I vote for such a dangerous man as Trump for President.  Tell me all the bad stuff you can think of about Clinton, and my response is simple - Trump's worse.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2016, 09:29:21 pm »
No he's not right.

I can choose "Neither" because neither of the choices represent a single value I have, personal or political.

I still respect Ted Cruz, but he is dead wrong about this.  It is not a "binary choice" when both choices are corrupt and amoral, and entirely lacking in integrity and virtue.

Pressure to make me vote against my conscience and ethical standards will not succeed.  Some things are worth fighting for.

I cannot, I will not recant.  Here I stand.

By all means Music, absolutely vote your conscience!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:37 pm »
By all means Music, absolutely vote your conscience!

You can rest assured that I will.

And I know that you will as well!  :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Longmire

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2016, 10:06:42 pm »
I'm voting for Pat Toomey, with the hope that he'll vote whether or not to confirm the next SCOTUS nominee.

Toomey is likely to lose without Trump's coattails in PA, and if Trump loses Toomey will be voting to confirm Obama's nominee for USSC before he packs up and goes home for good.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2016, 06:29:02 pm »

I don't buy your "OMG, OMG!  The Supreme Court Justices!!!", alarmist line of crap, at all.  It's on the Senate.

"...and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2016, 08:11:42 pm »
I don't buy your "OMG, OMG!  The Supreme Court Justices!!!", alarmist line of crap, at all.  It's on the Senate.

"...and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States...

True, and they will face enormous pressure to pass SCJs if any of the current ones die or retire.  And, they will cave as they have in the past.

And, we know what kind of justices will be put forth by HRC.  No questions there.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2016, 08:28:11 pm »
@rodamala

You'll love crooked Hillary's choices then, she used to play 2nd base for the US Senate.

Mrs. Clinton might even nominate Obama ...for services rendered  in the furtherance of her career.

And if you think McConnell & company can (or want to) stop them...think again.  :shrug:

Offline rodamala

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2016, 09:14:52 pm »
PA is supposedly a tight race... Obviously if Trump and Hillary are the best that these political parties can present as candidates after 8 years of 0bama... things are not sufficiently "bad enough"... and I may as well toss a vote to Hillary and help really bring the pain.

Meanwhile, I'll be sniffing some Hoppes No. 9, dulling the pain, in my plywood shack in the Idaho panhandle.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:15:43 pm by rodamala »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2016, 10:15:45 pm »
You can rest assured that I will.

And I know that you will as well!  :patriot:

I used to feel a sense of patriotic pride and accomplishment when I went to the polls.  I am actually dreading the November election.  I wish I could stay home, forget voting, pull the covers over my head and come out in 4 years.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2016, 11:08:40 pm »
I used to feel a sense of patriotic pride and accomplishment when I went to the polls.  I am actually dreading the November election.  I wish I could stay home, forget voting, pull the covers over my head and come out in 4 years.

That makes two of us, @libertybele!  That's a perfect description of how I feel now, and how I'm sure I'll feel on election day.

THESE TWO are the best America has to offer??  What a time of darkness we are in!

My patriotism has taken a hit lately, I'll tell you that.  We can't "make America great again" with a clown and a criminal running for President.  This is SO discouraging for people like us who used to feel SO much pride....