Author Topic: The Next President Unbound...By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Next President Unbound...By Victor Davis Hanson
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:03:59 pm »
 The Next President Unbound
There is reason to worry about both candidates abusing power as president, because Obama and the press normalized executive overreach.
By Victor Davis Hanson — September 29, 2016

Donald Trump’s supporters see a potential Hillary Clinton victory in November as the end of any conservative chance to restore small government, constitutional protections, fiscal sanity, and personal liberty.

Clinton’s progressives swear that a Trump victory would spell the implosion of America as they know it, alleging Trump parallels with every dictator from Josef Stalin to Adolf Hitler.

Part of the frenzy over 2016 as a make-or-break election is because a closely divided Senate’s future may hinge on the coattails of the presidential winner. An aging Supreme Court may also translate into perhaps three to four court picks for the next president.

Yet such considerations only partly explain the current election frenzy.

The model of the imperial Obama presidency is the greater fear. Over the last eight years, Obama has transformed the powers of presidency in a way not seen in decades.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/440505/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Next President Unbound...By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 02:21:26 pm »
Yet such considerations only partly explain the current election frenzy.

The model of the imperial Obama presidency is the greater fear. Over the last eight years, Obama has transformed the powers of presidency in a way not seen in decades.

Exactly.  Whoever moves into the Whitehouse in January will be capable of much greater damage than is acceptable.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: The Next President Unbound...By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:24:54 pm »
Exactly.  Whoever moves into the Whitehouse in January will be capable of much greater damage than is acceptable.

Which is exactly why I keep pushing for an Article V Convention.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!