Author Topic: Gary Johnson eyes interplanetary civilization as solution to climate change  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gary Johnson eyes interplanetary civilization as solution to climate change
The Washington Examiner, Sep 25, 2016, Ben Smith

In an interview with ABC's "This Week" on Sunday, Johnson told host George Stephanopoulos that "we do have to inhabit other planets. The future of the human race is space exploration," as one possible solution for climate change.

Stephanopoulous also brought up a comment that Johnson made in 2011, when he said "in billions of years the sun is going to actually and encompass the earth." Johnson described the remark as a joke, and asked Stephanopoulous if he was allowed "to have any humor."

Johnson was also pressed on his role in the race after telling reporters that it was "game over" if he did not make the debate stage with Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Johnson already missed the cut for the first debate, which is set for Monday.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gary-johnson-eyes-interplanetary-civilization-as-climate-change-fix/article/2602794

geronl

Re: Gary Johnson eyes interplanetary civilization as solution to climate change
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 03:44:40 am »
really sad-faced facepalm, that is just dumb

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 03:59:35 am »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 04:01:48 am »
This is what happens when you run a Commie Pink fruit loop as a Libertarian.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 04:20:40 am »
Gary Johnson eyes interplanetary civilization as solution to climate change
The Washington Examiner, Sep 25, 2016, Ben Smith

In an interview with ABC's "This Week" on Sunday, Johnson told host George Stephanopoulos that "we do have to inhabit other planets. The future of the human race is space exploration," as one possible solution for climate change.

Stephanopoulous also brought up a comment that Johnson made in 2011, when he said "in billions of years the sun is going to actually and encompass the earth." Johnson described the remark as a joke, and asked Stephanopoulous if he was allowed "to have any humor."

Johnson was also pressed on his role in the race after telling reporters that it was "game over" if he did not make the debate stage with Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Johnson already missed the cut for the first debate, which is set for Monday.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gary-johnson-eyes-interplanetary-civilization-as-climate-change-fix/article/2602794
Well, if we put all the Climate Change groupies on another planet, they'd get their 'change', and maybe we could get something done.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:04:10 am »
Human beings aren't going to stop having children... and the Earth isn't getting bigger to accomodate.

Of course we're going to need to colonize other planets.

Mars, for one.  In time, maybe we could terraform Venus.

Mine the asteroid belt for metals.

---

And perhaps, in time, we might develop the technology to explore the galaxy for habitable planets.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 11:20:54 am »
This is what happens when you run a Commie Pink fruit loop as a Libertarian.
:word: What the heck was the LP thinking?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 11:28:56 am »
Human beings aren't going to stop having children... and the Earth isn't getting bigger to accomodate.

Of course we're going to need to colonize other planets.

---

And perhaps, in time, we might develop the technology to explore the galaxy for habitable planets.

We could hollow out asteroids and build communities in them, too

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 11:51:14 am »
He is right about the human race have to inhabit other planets. Having said that, guy is a  fruit loop.  I guess too much pot.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:10 am »

Talk about a blown opportunity
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 12:54:38 pm »
Having said that, guy is a  fruit loop.  I guess too much pot.

Or not enough. :smokin:

C'mon Gary! Just a few more hits and you can go sit over in that corner and see how well you can conform to that chair! As long as we don't have to listen to ya no more!
Here. Take this bag of Doritos with ya!
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 01:12:44 pm »
Johnson/Weld is running on a platform of honest, limited, Constitutional government. 

If that's what you believe in, and you vote for a fascist instead, then you've truly thrown your vote and your citizenship in the dumper.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 01:39:56 pm »
Use in good health Gary....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 01:42:03 pm »
This is the same stance many here have espoused.

Of course, keep in mind that many of these articles trying to portray him as some crazy pothead are put out by the Hillary campaign surrogates, who see him as a spoiler.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 01:47:07 pm »
Johnson/Weld is running on a platform of honest, limited, Constitutional government. 

If that's what you believe in, and you vote for a fascist instead, then you've truly thrown your vote and your citizenship in the dumper.

Sorry, but this guy supports a Traitor (Snowden), that is a deal breaker for me.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 01:54:29 pm »
Sorry, but this guy supports a Traitor (Snowden), that is a deal breaker for me.

With the dufous duo of Clinton and Trump, the Libertarians really blew a chance of relevancy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 02:02:43 pm »
Or not enough. :smokin:

Dr. Sativa sez...more Lemon Haze.  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 02:36:29 pm »
They borrowed the focus group from the GOP.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis