Author Topic: OFFICIAL DEBATE THREAD: Trump vs. Clinton September 26  (Read 51083 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: OFFICIAL DEBATE THREAD: Trump vs. Clinton September 26
« Reply #650 on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:14 am »
I would like to know how much of a pay cut Rush had to take to stay on the air—and by all accounts, between this and the whole boycott of a few years back, it had to have been a huge one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #651 on: September 28, 2016, 02:08:09 am »
Same for me.  Same day.  A couple of days later I received a renewal notice from Rush and I just deleted the e-mail.  No more Rush.

@ConstitutionRose

I wonder if he doesn't care that he's lost scads of long time loyal listeners because of his endorsement and cheerleading for a hard core liberal with NO conservative values whatsoever?

I would think that even a blowhard egotist like Rush would be bothered by losing so many long time listeners....  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #652 on: September 28, 2016, 02:21:09 am »
That's not substance.

Trump spent most of the night just as he has spent most of the pre-election season: saying how everything that someone else has done and everyone that's not him sucks.

That's to substance what Siskel and Ebert were to film directing.

They could tell you that a movie sucked, but couldn't direct one to save their lives.

Running a business is NOTHING like serving as POTUS, and if you can't figure out what that sentence implies, you're part of the problem. .

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #653 on: September 28, 2016, 03:12:04 am »
TrumpTalk...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #654 on: September 28, 2016, 03:15:11 am »
Trump is Rainman

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #655 on: September 28, 2016, 03:21:13 am »
He's getting roasted...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #656 on: September 28, 2016, 03:24:57 am »
Trump is Rainman

At least Rainman got his facts right!
+++++++++

Wingnut

« Reply #657 on: September 28, 2016, 03:53:44 am »
At least Rainman got his facts right!

Definetly...

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #658 on: September 28, 2016, 07:56:33 am »
Looks like Rush is picking out the undigested peanuts to find something good in what Trump left behind last night.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

OHMYGOSH! It's the middle of the night and hearty guffaws are bouncing off my walls! Having to come to terms with the humiliation of being a member of the party that nominated Trump and after a quarter of a decade of trusting Rush, I needed a cleansing laugh. Thanks!

I'm no longer affiliated with the Republican party, and I have 3 extra hours in the middle of each weekday to put to better use than to listen to a once-mighty radio host jabber on about a small little, thin-skinned man-child.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #659 on: September 28, 2016, 09:14:38 am »
He's getting roasted...

Well... in fairness didn't Hillary say Trump thought global warming was a Chinese hoax?

Offline pjohns

« Reply #660 on: October 02, 2016, 02:41:44 am »
What substance?  I saw the debate and [Donald Trump] made sweeping generalizations without real specifics.  (Except for 'Stop and Frisk', which is a local issue, not a Presidential one)

Well, I think a law-and-order message is far superior to a split-the-difference message (i.e. that the protestors need to be more respectful of the police; but that the police need to be more respectful of the protestors, also).

Also, I thoroughly agree with Donald Trump that whenever naval vessels harass US ships, we should simply destroy those vessels. (Hillary Clinton characterized this as going to "war"; but Iran--which has recently harassed our vessels--is so far inferior to the US, militarily--even what with Obama's downsizing of our military--that it would surely be no contest. In fact, the mullahs are not mad enough to even attempt it, with a Commander-in-Chief that they cannot push around.)