General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

After Sleeping On It, My Morning After Thoughts of Cruz's Endorsement of Trump

<< < (2/2)

INVAR:
The truth shall set you free Ted.

Given what I have read - it appears more suck-up for political expedience of his own career than saving the internet or our liberty.

If Ted chose to take a bullet to get Obama's hand-over of the Internet into the campaign - then he should have plainly stated so.  As it was, his reasons are no different than the sell-out arguments we've read from everyone else.

A megalomaniac with a lifelong record of being a liberal Democrat Leftist, is not someone you join and support if liberty is truly what you want to protect.

Silver Pines:

--- Quote from: Cripplecreek on September 24, 2016, 04:51:24 pm ---I think there is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes that we don't know. After all we know how quickly the GOPe will work to screw the American people over.

In this case I suspect there is a hostage situation with us being the hostages. Ted Cruz has been virtually alone in his fight to save the internet from Obama giving it away. Barely a peep has come out of the Trump camp till yesterday when his surrogates started chattering about what a great patriot Ted Cruz has been in fighting to save the internet. I don't doubt for a second that the GOPe would threaten to allow the internet giveaway if Trump didn't get a Cruz endorsement. If so, we'll find out sooner or later. If Cruz took a bullet for our Freedoms, he'll get a political purple heart for it eventually. Ted Cruz is still a 95%+ conservative by all legitimate standards. What are we supposed to do, replace him with a 50%er like McCaul?

As far as the "endorsement" is concerned, I'm disappointed but hardly suicidal about it. For us to be suicidal or enraged at Cruz is exactly what the Trump crowd wants. As you can see here, Trumpers are behind their usual cowering rock attacking Cruz and those of us who supported him with glee. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,226513.0.html

At the end of the day they've managed to force Ted Cruz to absolve himself from blame when Trump loses. I'm looking forward to watching them figure out that NeverTrump had nothing to do with Ted Cruz. And second, it will become clear that the rage against Cruz was never about an endorsement. As you can see from the above link that they've only doubled down.

--- End quote ---

@Cripplecreek

You make good points.  I saw them earlier on your twitter timeline, and I think they're worth considering.  From what I've read today, Cruz was under enormous pressure to cave. But I'm not ready to absolve him yet.

I'm not angry today.  I have a temper, I flare up, and I get over it--that's me, and I'm never going to change.  I'd be lying if I say I was okay with the situation, though.  At this point, I don't know what to think, really.  I'm willing to wait and see what kind of information comes along before making an instant judgment.  Right now, I wouldn't donate again to Ted or spend time defending him to family and friends like I did before.  His only condition to Trump was that Mike Lee be put on the list of judges, and that was for nothing...Lee says he doesn't want it and it isn't going to happen.  He didn't even get an apology--and it should be a public one---for Trump's attacks on his wife and father.

If we find out later that he really had no choice, that raises another question---if they can get to Ted, who can't they get to?  I can't spin this other than to say it sucks all the way around.  But, yeah, it's probably better to give it some time and see what leaks out.

Cruz is going to be on Beck's show on Monday. 

XenaLee:

--- Quote from: Cripplecreek on September 24, 2016, 04:51:24 pm ---I think there is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes that we don't know. After all we know how quickly the GOPe will work to screw the American people over.
--- End quote ---

Exactly.

--- Quote ---In this case I suspect there is a hostage situation with us being the hostages. Ted Cruz has been virtually alone in his fight to save the internet from Obama giving it away. Barely a peep has come out of the Trump camp till yesterday when his surrogates started chattering about what a great patriot Ted Cruz has been in fighting to save the internet. I don't doubt for a second that the GOPe would threaten to allow the internet giveaway if Trump didn't get a Cruz endorsement. If so, we'll find out sooner or later. If Cruz took a bullet for our Freedoms, he'll get a political purple heart for it eventually. Ted Cruz is still a 95%+ conservative by all legitimate standards. What are we supposed to do, replace him with a 50%er like McCaul?

--- End quote ---

I don't understand the demonization of Cruz by conservatives here.  He has chosen to do exactly as he advised others to do....ie vote their conscience.  How is it wrong for him to do so (vote Trump) ....but not for us to do so (not vote Trump)?  Are we just as biased and hypocritical as the left and the left-like Trump supporters now?  Speaking for myself, I say no.  Cruz is free to vote as he pleases.  Always has been.  I bear him no ill will for his decision.

--- Quote ---As far as the "endorsement" is concerned, I'm disappointed but hardly suicidal about it. For us to be suicidal or enraged at Cruz is exactly what the Trump crowd wants. As you can see here, Trumpers are behind their usual cowering rock attacking Cruz and those of us who supported him with glee. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,226513.0.html

--- End quote ---

Cruz's endorsement does not effect or involve me in any way. 

--- Quote ---At the end of the day they've managed to force Ted Cruz to absolve himself from blame when Trump loses. I'm looking forward to watching them figure out that NeverTrump had nothing to do with Ted Cruz. And second, it will become clear that the rage against Cruz was never about an endorsement. As you can see from the above link that they've only doubled down.

--- End quote ---

One thing that involved Cruz that did effect my decision to be NeverTrump is Trump's behavior toward Cruz on that last night of the convention and his subsequent behavior shortly thereafter.  Trump just demonstrated what a petty, vile little man he really is....and my conscience cannot be clear voting for someone that flawed.

jmyrlefuller:

In this case I suspect there is a hostage situation with us being the hostages.

--- End quote ---
Consider also Priebus's very public non-threat threat to disallow anyone who refused to endorse Trump and who ran in 2016 from running for President in 2020. You bet this was a hostage situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version