Author Topic: Why Cruz flipped on Trump  (Read 4659 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Why Cruz flipped on Trump
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 08:40:07 pm »
What's changed is Tom's new found respect for Cruz.  A good Christian apparently means you are planning on voting for Trump.

The nasty things he was saying about Cruz just a few short days ago.

Another example of why one shouldn't engage in trolling & mud slinging simply to provoke. Conditions change leaving the mud slinger to look like a fool with no credibility.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:41:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 08:57:12 pm »
Cruz four months ago:  "I don't make a habit of endorsing people who insult my wife and father."

Yeah, you do Ted.  You have no integrity.

From http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/09/24/cruz-says-he-and-his-family-have-forgiven-donald-trump-says-decision-to-endorse-took-months-of-prayer/

“Listen, [in] politics, there’s always criticism. If no one is throwing rocks at you, you’re not doing much of anything,” Cruz said. “I’ve discussed it with both Heidi and my dad. I love my wife. I love my dad. Both of them have forgiven Donald. I have forgiven him.”

Cruz's integrity is still intact.
{I can't say the same for posters who appear to criticize every person out there.)
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 09:15:27 pm »
Cruz four months ago:  "I don't make a habit of endorsing people who insult my wife and father."

Yeah, you do Ted.  You have no integrity.

And he is still correct.  It is not a habit for him.

Look up in the dictionary what a habit is defined as, then come back as to how this endorsement by Ted fits a that deifintion.

Ted has more integrity than any politician I have seen in my 40 years of voting.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 09:55:38 pm »
Ted's getting a bigger backlash now.

He gained no new supporters and lost a bunch.

geronl

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 10:04:24 pm »

Offline Longmire

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 10:22:15 pm »

If that is true (and I doubt it is), than he has no one to blame but himself for being stubborn.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 10:33:19 pm »
Trump does not deserve forgiveness.

All the sins of the world.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 10:56:15 pm »
Trump does not deserve forgiveness.

He never asked for it, and never repented.

So there is no reason to extend it.

That is how it works.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 11:01:09 pm »

It's too bad.  Cruz had such promise, but his presidential aspirations are over.  And for what?  Keeping Hillary out of the White House?  Does he really believe that Trump will nominate conservatives for SCOTUS or keep any of the promises he has made?  Does Cruz really think that Trump will be better than Clinton on any issue?  I would have thought Cruz was smarter than that.

No matter what his reasons, no matter what he hoped to accomplish by giving in to Trump, the fact is Cruz will always be portrayed as a sellout.  I wonder if he realizes how many of his supporters who had donated to his campaign, worked tirelessly for him during the primaries and defended him and his family from the barage of slanderous assaults from Trump and his rented thugs are now feeling betrayed and can no longer trust him.  This will hurt Cruz in any future campaigns more than he knows.

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 11:10:52 pm »
He never asked for it, and never repented.

So there is no reason to extend it.

That is how it works.
I am not privy to the conversations he had with Trump.
Were you?

Cruz told the news station. “We had been engaged in conversations. You know it’s been a decision as I said I’ve been thinking about and praying about for weeks and months, discussing it with my family, and I made the decision today and announced it Friday.”

http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=1524783
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 11:22:47 pm »
Were you?

Cruz said Trump has not apologized for personal insults

Google can be a your friend.

That said,

This whole Americanized prosperity gospel idea of 'forgiveness' - is beyond unbiblical.

It's suicidal, and explains a great deal why we now have a culture of debauchery parading itself as a good.

The idea of 'forgiving Trump' for slander when Trump says he has nothing to apologize for is beyond stupid.  We might as well shower Jihadists with love and forgiveness while they shout 'Allu Ackbar!" and promise to slit more throats.

All it does in enable further evil.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 11:39:10 pm »
It's too bad.  Cruz had such promise, but his presidential aspirations are over.  And for what?  Keeping Hillary out of the White House?  Does he really believe that Trump will nominate conservatives for SCOTUS or keep any of the promises he has made?  Does Cruz really think that Trump will be better than Clinton on any issue?  I would have thought Cruz was smarter than that.

No matter what his reasons, no matter what he hoped to accomplish by giving in to Trump, the fact is Cruz will always be portrayed as a sellout.  I wonder if he realizes how many of his supporters who had donated to his campaign, worked tirelessly for him during the primaries and defended him and his family from the barage of slanderous assaults from Trump and his rented thugs are now feeling betrayed and can no longer trust him.  This will hurt Cruz in any future campaigns more than he knows.

Trump told these people to their faces that everything he said was a negotiation. That means he will change his prior position if he chooses. Agreeing to CruZ terms got him a win. Once elected, he will change his position. Thats his history when he gets what he wants.

Cruz made a terrible choice.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 12:04:56 am »
Exactly!  He also reinforces Trump's vile methods.  Trump won.  Cruz submits.
@Norm Lenhart

Cruz is merely doing what any smart politician would do. He isn't in play for the big chair now, but I'm betting he is figuring for a bigger, better play for it down the road. He is young. Plenty of time to get what he wants later.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 12:06:49 am »
Cruz said Trump has not apologized for personal insults

Google can be a your friend.

That said,

This whole Americanized prosperity gospel idea of 'forgiveness' - is beyond unbiblical.

My apologies for not googling an article with a timestamp 2 minutes before my post about an interview that ended 2 hours before my post.

I do agree that granting forgiveness should be conditional on the offender's repentance and should take place in a personal manner.
Having the attitude to forgive someone is not dependent on the offender's actions.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 12:12:49 am »
@Norm Lenhart

Cruz is merely doing what any smart politician would do. He isn't in play for the big chair now, but I'm betting he is figuring for a bigger, better play for it down the road. He is young. Plenty of time to get what he wants later.

No doubt. But he'll try to do it without a lot of us supporting him again.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2016, 12:27:44 am »

Yeah. He'll probably outlive me so there is that.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2016, 12:42:00 am »
Were you?

Cruz told the news station. “We had been engaged in conversations. You know it’s been a decision as I said I’ve been thinking about and praying about for weeks and months, discussing it with my family, and I made the decision today and announced it Friday.”

http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=1524783

It's entirely possible Donald Trump's reputation for dealmaking is more than just hype and is part of the equation of this event.

Donald Trump set his sights on becoming president, has been thinking about it for many years. 

Donald Trump makes things happen – a 100-story skyscraper in a foreign capital doesn't just pop up on its own; defeating 16 seasoned politicians for the Republican nomination his first stab at politics is a remarkable accomplishment.

Together with Ted Cruz's unequivocal statements supporting Donald Trump (an endorsement after such long public refusal?) tells me that Donald Trump's team was, shall we say, persuasive.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 12:47:06 am »

And what is your 'a lot' gonna do, run against him in the 2018 primary?

I'll file that notion under things that won't happen :laugh:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2016, 12:52:10 am »
And what is your 'a lot' gonna do, run against him in the 2018 primary?

I'll file that notion under things that won't happen :laugh:

What ever gets you through the day.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2016, 12:55:07 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2016, 12:55:33 am »
It's entirely possible Donald Trump's reputation for dealmaking is more than just hype and is part of the equation of this event.

Donald Trump set his sights on becoming president, has been thinking about it for many years. 

Donald Trump makes things happen – a 100-story skyscraper in a foreign capital doesn't just pop up on its own; defeating 16 seasoned politicians for the Republican nomination his first stab at politics is a remarkable accomplishment.

Together with Ted Cruz's unequivocal statements supporting Donald Trump (an endorsement after such long public refusal?) tells me that Donald Trump's team was, shall we say, persuasive.

Trump didn't beg Cruz.  Cruz caved on his own.  Betrayed his "vote your conscience" exhortation, threw away what goodwill he had left.

Meet the Press announced Cruz won't be on tomorrow now.  Probably because he's fetching Trump's Egg McMuffin.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2016, 01:00:14 am »
Having the attitude to forgive someone is not dependent on the offender's actions.

God does not forgive without repentance.

He desires no flesh to be lost, but that ALL come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

Repentance is required before one grants forgiveness.

That is how God executes forgiveness, than that is the model to follow.

Otherwise you are just enabling evil to continue without consequence.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2016, 01:03:18 am »
@sinkpsur a couple of days ago you were saying that you'd vote for Cruz in 2018, has that changed?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2016, 01:07:22 am »
God does not forgive without repentance.

Ahem...Ted Cruz isn't God and he can forgive whomever he wants to without that person's repentance.

Climb down off that pulpit son...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2016, 01:12:43 am »
Ahem...Ted Cruz isn't God and he can forgive whomever he wants to without that person's repentance.

Sure he can.

And he enables Trump's slanderous behavior, because Trump got rewarded for slandering him and his family.

Climb down off that pulpit son...

You're welcome to try and knock me off or get my ordination revoked if you so choose.