Author Topic: Obama Shreds What's Left of First Amendment- Bryan Fischer  (Read 455 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Obama Shreds What's Left of First Amendment- Bryan Fischer
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:01:32 pm »
Obama Shreds What's Left of First Amendment

Under the Founders’ Constitution - that is, the one written by the Founders, not the one mangled beyond recognition by the Supreme Court - the only entity that can violate the First Amendment is Congress.

The very first word in the First Amendment is “Congress.” The First Amendment was intended as a restraint on Congress and Congress alone. It is simply impossible for any other entity - be it a state, a county, a city, a school district, a school teacher, or a student - to violate the First Amendment for the simple reason that it wasn’t written to restrain them.

Only Congress can violate the Founders’ Constitution, and it can do so in only two ways. First, it can violate the Establishment Clause by picking one Christian denomination and making it the official church of the United States. As long as Congress doesn’t do that, it can do anything it wants with regard to religious expression. It can pay a chaplain to pray Christian prayers and proclaim as many national days of prayer as it would like.

Read More At: http://www.afa.net/the-stand/christian-persecution/2016/09/obama-shreds-whats-left-of-first-amendment/

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Obama Shreds What's Left of First Amendment- Bryan Fischer
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 01:36:33 pm »
None of this matters to us.  My church (the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia) for one will ignore any attempts to muzzle its preaching of the Gospel as it is written.  They can do their worst; our people have endured much worse than this government can ever do to us.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!