Author Topic: Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott  (Read 241 times)

Offline bolobaby

Unsettling footage obtained by NBC News shows the moments leading up to the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The video, taken by Scott's wife, does not clearly show the exact moment he was shot by police on Tuesday. Scott is seen on the ground surrounded by police officers moments after the shots were fired.

"He better not be f---ing dead, he better not be f---ing dead," Rakeyia Scott can be heard shouting at the officers. "He better live, he better live!" It is not clear what preceded the shooting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/charlotte-shooting-video-footage-shows-fatal-encounter-between-police-keith-n653426
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

This video cinches it for me. He had a gun and he posed a threat.

1. The length of the standoff is reasonably long. Clearly Scott was not following any instructions.

2. There are just too many cops around for this to be "blue protecting blue." That many cops are not going to cover up a shooting if no gun was present. That many cops are not going to plant a weapon without someone saying, "Hey, wtf?"

3. Why did the wife keep yelling, "Keith - you'd better not! You'd better not! Come out of the car!" Clearly she feared her husband was about to do something stupid. She knew he was a threat - you can hear it in her voice.

So, I would say a justified shooting. Take a good look where the body ends up, too. When he moved, he must have moved aggressively and fast.

All that being said, I wonder if cops should carry a hold-harmless so they could quickly get consent from a person like this wife and say, "Hey - you want to go talk some sense into him? If you do, we can't be responsible if you get hurt. Sign here." I would want that opportunity with my spouse or kids, even at the risk of personal harm to myself.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!