Author Topic: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report  (Read 17897 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Cruz expected to endorse Trump: report
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2016, 02:17:43 am »
You guys are not going to ridicule your way out of this one.

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Every single word out of #NeverTrump has been wrong. Every prediction, every statement, every utterance, every partisan political attack on Donald Trump – wrong. Fifteen solid months of #NeverRight.

Don't you people ever tire of being wrong? It's not like this is in dispute. It's in the papers...Donald Trump is the nominee. And, after Monday, Donald Trump is poised to defeat Hillary Clinton in the general election, contrary to every temper tantrum and vindictive spewed by #NeverTrump.

Losers.
Trump will likely be the one to fall on his face at the debates....just watch.  He knows NOTHING about ANYTHING.  If he can't read it off of a teleprompter he's screwed....mark my words.  Talk to us after the debate.........(which I refuse to watch by the way)

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2016, 02:18:16 am »
Has anyone seen libertybele? As I recall, she was fairly taken with Ted Cruz -- something about Ted Cruz is golden or an idol or something like that.

Wonder what she's thinking tonight about this recent development?

Not that I would bother with anything she had to say.

Then what is your point bringing him/her up, Richard#2?

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2016, 02:19:15 am »
Take that back right this instant.

As a man with over a decade in the grocery business, that was uncalled for.

I've had a successful career I suppose but the 5 years I spent in a grocery store were the best.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2016, 02:19:35 am »
Never getting laid again.  Ever.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2016, 02:19:50 am »

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Every single word out of #NeverTrump has been wrong. Every prediction, every statement, every utterance, every partisan political attack on Donald Trump – wrong. Fifteen solid months of #NeverRight.

Don't you people ever tire of being wrong? It's not like this is in dispute. It's in the papers...Donald Trump is the nominee. And, after Monday, Donald Trump is poised to defeat Hillary Clinton in the general election, contrary to every temper tantrum and vindictive spewed by #NeverTrump.

Losers.

So do you think flicking us on the side of our heads after shoving your middle finger in our faces because your mob of seig-heiling masses for Il Douche is somehow going to influence us into voting for him?  I guess running around screaming "losers!" in our faces you think gives you some semblance of superiority when all it does is showcase that you're nothing but a tyrannical bully yourself.

But I suspect - it's just intimidation for the jackboots you cannot wait to put on our necks in the name of your prince.

You people are worse than Hillary and her hordes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Longmire

« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2016, 02:20:23 am »
We're in the absurd world of #NeverTrump cultism where these self-styled "principled" conservatives have allied themselves with Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Lindsay Graham and against nearly every proven conservative office holder and thought leader in the GOP and conservative movement.

@ArneFufkin good observation!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2016, 02:20:24 am »
More anger, more pissing inside the tent, more ridicule.

Why the 'ef would I ever consider Trump when you are the prima facie example of a Trumpkin? 

No policies, no issues, just juvenile trashing of those who aren't onboard the Trump Train.

Convince us why we should support Trump.  Tell us why he's not the big-spending, crazed white nationalist zealot we believe him to be

Now that is funny. I'm sitting in stunned bemusement over that one from you sink. Thanks for the chuckles. Ridicule, heh.  Good one.  :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2016, 02:22:28 am »
Has anyone seen libertybele? As I recall, she was fairly taken with Ted Cruz -- something about Ted Cruz is golden or an idol or something like that.

So you've now resorted to stalking posters who aren't even posting.

Are you on some kind of jihad?

You are the absolute worst representative of Trump on this forum.  Nasty, insulting, arrogant, pissy.

Why don't you haul your old ass to bed?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2016, 02:24:19 am »
Now that is funny. I'm sitting in stunned bemusement over that one from you sink. Thanks for the chuckles. Ridicule, heh.  Good one.  :beer:

Yeah. Look up the definition of "bemusement."  I'd agree. You are defintely confused.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2016, 02:38:21 am »

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Losers.
The only true part of the above quote is the fact that Donald Trump is the nominee.

Everything else is either pure delusion or deliberate lies. Expect more of the same if his prediction is accurate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2016, 02:41:07 am »

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Losers.

Let's assume for a moment Mr. Trump wins. He will then need to govern. I will wait for the results before I declare any winners or losers. It is possible he could be great as you expect. It is also possible he could be a colossal mistake as others fear.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2016, 02:42:13 am »
So you've now resorted to stalking posters who aren't even posting.

Are you on some kind of jihad?

You are the absolute worst representative of Trump on this forum.  Nasty, insulting, arrogant, pissy.

Why don't you haul your old ass to bed?

I'd say thats the BEST rep of Trump on the forum.

Nails his problems/behavior to perfection living so vicariously as it does. Let everyone look and see what they'd get by voting for the liberal.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2016, 02:42:55 am »

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Losers.

Oh, aligncare, you childish bore...

Let's put aside the fact that we've been right about Trump's shady past and questionable business dealings, his lack of character, the ease at which he sidled up to the GOPe despite claiming to be anti-establishment, and the already alarming number of times he's flip-flopped on many of the very things you choose to hang your hat on.

Let's just put that aside for now because those things are only *pointers* to the main thing.

You still can't get it through your thick head that #NeverTrump is concerned about what he would do *as President*. The kind of President he would be. That is the entire premise of the #NeverTrump movement.

So, you have very adeptly demonstrated your complete ignorance about what it means to be #NeverTrump, and have stupidly jumped the gun in calling us "all wrong" like a virgin moron uttering premature ejaculatory nonsense into this forum.

Get a clue.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:50:22 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2016, 02:49:35 am »

#NeverTrump #NeverRight

Losers.

Your claiming that every prediction and statement about Trump has been wrong.  What proof do you have??  Prove that Trump isn't narcissistic, or a demagogue or a fraud.  Prove that he hasn't hijacked the GOP or halted the conservative movement.  Prove that he's going to do everything he claims.  You can't.  Just because Cruz has decided to vote for him, really means absolutely nothing other than that is the decision that he's made.  That doesn't mean that all of Cruz supporters were #NeverTrump and  now all of a sudden are going to jump on the Trump train. 

I remain #NeverTrump  #NeverHillary
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2016, 02:58:06 am »

@aligncare

I don't know; personally I haven't seen anything like that from @libertybele.

Was it similar to the behavior displayed by some here on the TOS rally threads---gushing about their love for fat old baggy-eyed Trump and wishing they had pictures of him?  Like a post-menopausal boy band concert?

@Right_in_Virginia

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2016, 02:58:24 am »
I don't always endorse people who attack my wife and father, but when I do, I endorse Donald Trump.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2016, 02:59:26 am »
Your claiming that every prediction and statement about Trump has been wrong.  What proof do you have??  Prove that Trump isn't narcissistic, or a demagogue or a fraud.  Prove that he hasn't hijacked the GOP or halted the conservative movement.  Prove that he's going to do everything he claims.  You can't.  Just because Cruz has decided to vote for him, really means absolutely nothing other than that is the decision that he's made.  That doesn't mean that all of Cruz supporters were #NeverTrump and  now all of a sudden are going to jump on the Trump train. 

I remain #NeverTrump  #NeverHillary

@libertybele

Aligncare is simply incapable of understanding how #NeverTrump works. I could give a simple example like this...

#NeverTrump: "That turd sandwich will taste like sh!t. I won't eat it."

Trumpette: "It will be delicious. Look at how wonderful it looks! You are stupid for not wanting to take a bite."

#NeverTrump: "No way. Look at the poop oozing out of the side. You won't get me to eat it and you'll regret taking a bite when you finally do."

Cruz/Levin: "I have decided that I must bite the turd sandwich."

Trumpette: "See! Even they will eat the turd sandwich! You are stupid! It is going to be delicious! Everyone will be taking a bite. Get on the turd sandwich train before it's too late! I can't wait to eat this thing in November!"

...and there you have it.

No one has eaten the turd sandwich yet, so no one knows how it will really taste. #NeverTrump can tell the difference between sh!t and Shinola, so we aren't volunteering to take a bite in November. The Trumpettes don't know how it will taste either, but something tells me that they will force a sh!t-eating grin for a long, long time before they finally realize what they are actually consuming.

In the end, #NeverTrump will either be able to say, "Well, I didn't want to risk it based on the smell of that thing" or, "Told you it would taste like sh!t."

I'm betting on the latter.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:31:13 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2016, 03:02:19 am »
I don't always endorse people who attack my wife and father, but when I do, I endorse Donald Trump.

"Stay Liberal my friends"
-Ted Cruz - Sept 23, 2016

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2016, 03:18:38 am »
I put aligncare on my ignore list, but y'all are making it hard to avoid him.* Y'all keep quoting his trolling remarks, so there they are right on my screen again. Aaaaarrrgggggggghhh! :thud:  :chairbang: :tongue2:

*In searching for the ignore feature, I checked the troller's profile page. I was so surprised to learn that she is a he. I was sure it was a she. He's kinda feminine and mean girlish in the way he posts.

@libertybele
@CatherineofAragon
@sinkspur
@Lando Lincoln
@bolobaby
@jmyrlefuller
@RoosGirl
@mrpotatohead
@RAT Patrol
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:20:29 am by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2016, 03:32:26 am »

Actually, you wouldn't have mentioned my name if you don't care to hear what I have to say.  My two cents (not that you care) -  Cruz fought several cases before the Supreme Court and won.  His most famous is Heller v. DC. and represented 31 states and consequently had deep admiration for Scalia.  Scalia's passing IMHO was alarming to Cruz as he realized what his death meant; one justice away from tilting the courts liberal and one justice away from losing our 2nd amendment rights. Then Cruz lost the nomination. During the time he was deciding to step down when he saw no clear path to the nomination, he made the statement to the effect "it's our country, what about our country"?  That statement continues to stand in my mind.  It wasn't so much that he lost, but what that loss meant.  What that loss meant to conservatives and the preservation of our Constitution.

As he endorsed Trump, he specifically pointed out  "We know, without a doubt, that every Clinton appointee would be a left-wing ideologue. Trump, in contrast, has promised to appoint justices 'in the mold of Scalia,'" he said. Cruz also praised Trump for releasing an updated list of potential Supreme Court nominees that includes Sen. Mike Lee. Cruz said he had sought "greater specificity on this issue, and today the Trump campaign provided that."

IMHO Cruz's decision is based on gambling on Trump keeping his word and appointing a conservative justice. Cruz could very well have voted for him without making it known. I believe it was the only way he saw a chance of keeping the courts tilted slightly to the right. I think Cruz has made a huge mistake.

#NeverTrump
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:35:58 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2016, 03:41:18 am »
IMHO Cruz's decision is based on gambling on Trump keeping his word

What sane mind would make that gamble? Honestly. Forget that it is Ted Cruz. Think of the level of lying to ones self involved in deciding that Donald Trump could be trusted. Much less trusted to make appointments that WOULD prevent the very things he has supported all his leftist Democrat life.

A person would be certifiably insane.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2016, 04:03:14 am »
What sane mind would make that gamble? Honestly. Forget that it is Ted Cruz. Think of the level of lying to ones self involved in deciding that Donald Trump could be trusted. Much less trusted to make appointments that WOULD prevent the very things he has supported all his leftist Democrat life.

Nah, it's the same old "he's not Hillary" argument.  For whatever reason people cannot envision leaving the republican plantation, they have been conditioned to believe it has always and therefore must always be republican or democrat.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2016, 04:04:49 am »

Agreed.  I think Cruz feels that this is the only hope (even if insane) of getting a conservative or even a moderate justice.  I have a hunch we won't be hearing much from or about Cruz in the near future.  I anticipate that he won't be seeking re-election in 2018.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2016, 04:06:05 am »
Nah, it's the same old "he's not Hillary" argument.  For whatever reason people cannot envision leaving the republican plantation, they have been conditioned to believe it has always and therefore must always be republican or democrat.

Thus they arent of sane mind.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2016, 04:09:18 am »
Agreed.  I think Cruz feels that this is the only hope (even if insane) of getting a conservative or even a moderate justice.  I have a hunch we won't be hearing much from or about Cruz in the near future.  I anticipate that he won't be seeking re-election in 2018.

It sucks. But I hope we don't see him seek reelection. He can no longer be trusted so he's no different than the others that proved already they can't be trusted either. His credibility is gone. If he has any integrity he should serve his term and stand aside to avoid a primary fight with someone actually conservative that might not be so free with their promises.