Author Topic: A failure of leadership, empathy as America's cities burn  (Read 487 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
A failure of leadership, empathy as America's cities burn
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »
A failure of leadership, empathy as America's cities burn
Mercedes Schlapp
Posted with permission from The Washington Times
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/schlapp092316.php3

Why are American cities continuing to burn? Agitators and rioters are taking over peaceful protests in Charlotte and causing chaos and destruction, while lives are lost, police officers and innocent citizens are injured, and no solution is in sight.

The anger is real among the black community and, as a white suburban mom, I can only watch from afar, feeling helpless and praying for peace, wisdom and clarity in these communities. I think of the black single mother living in the inner city, praying that her child can make it safely to school because she is worried about crime in her neighborhood.

We need to find common ground and civility between black communities and law enforcement, and let us hope each side can show empathy in these turbulent times. Where is the much-needed dialogue, the calming forces and the unsung heroes who can address the problems and come up with solutions?

President Obama's largely hands-off approach is troubling...
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/schlapp092316.php3
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: A failure of leadership, empathy as America's cities burn
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:14:03 pm »
It's not a failure of leadership.  It IS leadership.  Be not mistaken, 0bama is in charge of all of this chaos.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 08:30:37 pm »
It's not a failure of leadership.  It IS leadership.  Be not mistaken, 0bama is in charge of all of this chaos.
Agree. His nonsense about unifying and bring people close was always just a smokescreen.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:50:31 pm »
Agree. His nonsense about unifying and bring people close was always just a smokescreen.

Yep.