Author Topic: HOW TRUMP WINS THE DEBATE  (Read 1075 times)

Offline unknown

HOW TRUMP WINS THE DEBATE
« on: September 23, 2016, 04:49:16 am »

Pat Buchanan: 'He has to meet and exceed expectations, which are not terribly high'

http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/09/how-trump-wins-the-debate/

Sept 26, 2016

On one of my first trips to New Hampshire in 1991, to challenge President George H.W. Bush, I ran into Sen. Eugene McCarthy.

He was returning to the scene of his ’68 triumph, when he had inflicted the first crippling wound on Lyndon Johnson.

“Pat, you don’t have to win up here, you know,” he assured me. “All you have to do is beat the point spread.”

{.. Snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: HOW TRUMP WINS THE DEBATE
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 04:52:58 am »
Hence, the strategy of the Democratic Party for the next seven weeks is obvious:

Trash Trump, take him down, make him intolerable, and we win.

Interesting. I think I've seen this strategy somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:53:18 am by unknown »

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »
Interesting. I think I've seen this strategy somewhere.

Nice try, but you forget an important point:

The intolerable doesn't have to be MADE to be intolerable.

Why can't you just admit that lots and lots of people don't like your man? Why can't you just admit that instead of trying to figure out HOW to make people like him, you and your ilk have spent all your time insulting those that don't? Why can't you just admit that, as a result, you have helped cement the dislike for all things Trump?

Now you have prepared TWO turd sandwiches: the one you think we're obligated to vote for, and the intense dislike you've sown among many conservatives for you and your ilk.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 03:47:50 pm »

Simple.  Hillary 'cancels' because she's too sick and loopy to be on a nationally televised stage and Trump runs around talking about how great he would have been had she showed up.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 04:04:46 pm »

Simple.  Hillary 'cancels' because she's too sick and loopy to be on a nationally televised stage and Trump runs around talking about how great he would have been had she showed up.

Personally I think she's been sandbagging.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 04:09:54 pm »
I'm amazed at how Trump has gotten so many of his supporters to self-identify as "deplorables."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 04:27:01 pm »
Now, if a calm, subdued Trump shows up at the 1st debate and isn't declared the winner, you can be sure he'll act like a lunatic in the 2nd.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline unknown

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 04:49:02 pm »
Nice try, but you forget an important point:

The intolerable doesn't have to be MADE to be intolerable.

Why can't you just admit that lots and lots of people don't like your man? Why can't you just admit that instead of trying to figure out HOW to make people like him, you and your ilk have spent all your time insulting those that don't? Why can't you just admit that, as a result, you have helped cement the dislike for all things Trump?

Now you have prepared TWO turd sandwiches: the one you think we're obligated to vote for, and the intense dislike you've sown among many conservatives for you and your ilk.

"Why can't you just admit that lots and lots of people don't like your man?"
There are lots and lots of people that don't like Trump.

"Why can't you just admit that instead of trying to figure out HOW to make people like him, you and your ilk have spent all your time insulting those that don't?"

Instead of trying to figure out HOW to make people like him, we will continue to insult those that don't. Tough, get it over it. There are lots and lots of people that don't like Trump, and never will.

"Why can't you just admit that, as a result, you have helped cement the dislike for all things Trump?"

As a result, Trump has helped cement the dislike for all things Trump. Yep, that's the way it goes. Tough, get it over it. There are lots and lots of people that don't like Trump, and never will.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »

Instead of trying to figure out HOW to make people like him, we will continue to insult those that don't. Tough, get it over it.

As a result, Trump has helped cement the dislike for all things Trump. Yep, that's the way it goes. Tough, get it over it.

Out of the mouth of a Trump acolyte.

And they wonder why we continue to work so hard to get Conservatives to vote for an actual Conservative rather than for Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:09:36 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline unknown

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 07:46:44 pm »
Out of the mouth of a Trump acolyte.

And they wonder why we continue to work so hard to get Conservatives to vote for an actual Conservative rather than for Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse.

Trump isn't for you. No problem. Why waste time with you?

Let me give a really good example. During the 2012 campaign, Newt Gingrich was asked a question from a gay man.

Newt Gingrich to gay Iowan: Vote for Obama
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/12/20/gingrich-to-gay-iowan-vote-for-obama/

“I asked him if he’s elected, how does he plan to engage gay Americans. How are we to support him? And he told me to support Obama.”

Gingrich told Arnold that he doesn’t expect to get the support of voters who disagree with him on the definition of marriage and who consider that a central issue.

How refreshing! No pandering. A politician telling it like it is. The gay man was surprised you can tell by his response.

Trump isn't for you. No problem. Why waste time discussing Trump with you.