Author Topic: Watching the media getting hoisted on their own sanctimonious petard is a hoot  (Read 562 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Watching the media getting hoisted on their own sanctimonious petard is a hoot
By Laura Hollis
Published Sept. 22, 2016
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/hollis092216.php3#e8Kd96PypeC4bSML.99

Last week, Donald Trump held a press conference that Chris Cillizza of The Washington Post called "the greatest trick he ever pulled." It was quite a show, all right. Promised a "major announcement," the press showed up with cameras on, only to get the briefest of statements by Trump that (accurately, as it turns out) laid the "birther" story at the feet of the 2008 Clinton campaign β€” and then be regaled by a passel of high-ranking military endorsing Trump for president. Result? 90 minutes of more "free" coverage for Donald Trump.

Boy, was the press pissed. The outraged tweets that followed were hilarious. They got spanked. And you know what? They deserved it. The press has played "gotcha" with politicians (or, more accurately, conservative politicians) for decades. This time, they were on the receiving end of the gag.

They aren't laughing....
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0916/hollis092216.php3#e8Kd96PypeC4bSML.99
β€œThe way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online corbe

Old Trick that he had used successfully in the Primaries also (calling empty News Conferences on the night results came in at his golf resorts, of course) sucking all the oxygen out of the room.   

Now that I don't have a 'dog in this hunt', I could not care more if he punks the worthless MSM.

The article also mentions those weird LA Times polls @unknown keeps posting, why is that publication publishing this bogus crap?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

There are a couple of things that get under my skin:

1. When hosts on cable news "tease" or "package" an upcoming segment, then keep you waiting for 30 minutes or more.

2. When radio talk shows come out of a 5 minute + commercial break, only to have the host spend another minute or two extolling the virtues of LifeLock, or some other product they endorse. Whenever I sense that, the station is immediately changed.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Axel

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election