Author Topic: Wash, Reince, and Repeat After Me: Take This Party and Shove It  (Read 14766 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Wash, Reince, and Repeat After Me: Take This Party and Shove It
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2016, 08:27:34 pm »
On the important issues facing the country in 2016 Trump was the MOST CONSERVATIVE candidate running.

Obviously you woefully lack understanding of what a Conservative is.

But then most liberals who think they are Conservatives like to lie to themselves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2016, 09:26:39 pm »

Even Ted Cruz the defacto leader of the #NeverTrump movement has seen the light and endorsed Donald Trump. The life of the republic is on the line, this not the time to go wobbly and let a Clinton back into the White House.
You were doing okay with the stock lesser evil argument. I've heard it all before and it is singularly unconvincing at this point, but here, you went completely off the rails.

Movement, schmovement. The only person central to the "#nevertrump" is each and every individual who recognizes that Trump is not fit for the office. There is no leader. If there is a "movement", it is only because there are a lot of people heading in the same direction with this, who all agree, independently, for whatever reason(s), that Trump is not fit for the job. So let's get that straight. There is no leader of the #nevertrump "movement" any more than the T.E.A. party was a national political Party.
A large and undefined number of people who are #nevertrump were Cruz supporters in the primary, not all, but a lot, but the concept that appears to elude not only you but most of the passengers on the 'Trump Train, is that #nevertrump doesn't necessarily mean pro-Cruz, although that oversimplified dichotomy (Cruz vs Trump) is the meme that pro-Trump people have been pushing as a reason to hate Cruz since the convention. It is false, but that never stopped Trump people from pushing a concept, no matter how flawed.
Cruz makes Cruz's decisions for Cruz.

No matter what he does, personally, it still does not change the facts, the record of behaviours both prior to the candidacy of Donald Trump, nor after he declared, which in the eyes of prospective voters render Trump as unsuitable for high office as Hillary.
What you don't seem to get, but is an observable phenomenon to the student of recent history, is that in general, the US Federal Government has managed to accumulate more and an increasingly broad scope of power over every facet of American life.

The way this has been done is interesting.

If Democrats are in control, those programs which strip the working class of assets and redistribute those to others are emplaced, and certain essential industries are placed under government control through the burden of regulation, but defense is given the appearance of languishing and law enforcement efforts are put on the back burner. Giveaways are increased to mollify the party voter base. Large numbers of people from elsewhere are imported, often illegally, and often with predictably bad results vis-a-vis crime and even terror activities.

When the backlash comes, and it does as surely as the other foot falling when one is walking, the GOP gains some modicum of control, Defense and Law enforcement take priority, and government power is increased through demands for security and safety, while the rights of the individual are diminished, or those powers are expanded to protect Americans from some threat, commonly one which has all the probability of affecting the average American as a lifetime of lightning has of striking any given individual. Those boogeymen have included everything from random gunmen, gunmen who target political figures, airplane hijackers/bombers, perpetrators of mass homicides, terrorist bombers from the right, left, and abroad, etc.

Under the guise of keeping us all 'safe', the government has granted itself the power to seize any asset in the war on terror (your crops, livestock, vehicles, farm fuel stocks, home, cash, bank accounts, firearms, ammunition, even the cans of beanie weenies in your cupboard) should the government so decide. While these powers would ordinarily be resisted by any Conservative, it was under the Republican administration these were slipped through, in the guise of the war on terror.
Under a Democrat administration, such assets could be taken, or those powers expanded.

THe 'hayfoot, strawfoot' demise of Americans' Rights has progressed thus, with Democrats passing measures that Democrats would object to if passed by Republicans, and Republicans passing measures that would be objected to by Republicans if Democrats passed them, with the net effect that the rights of the American People are diminished, often as emergency measures, and often with the blessings, if not by popular demand of the selfsame political figures which should properly oppose them.

It is small wonder that there is little apparent functional difference in the two Parties, that political opposition within the Federal power structure, once fierce, has become little more than token pandering for pet pork barrel projects designed mollify constituents and get individuals reelected, and winning just enough minor concessions to give the appearance something has been done, right down to howling about 'drastic cuts' which only increase a particular program by half as much as initially proposed.

Kabuke, plain and simple.

Neither Party is interested in anything but the consolidation of Power, unconstitutionally, by the Federal Government. Even the courts are compromised in this sense, as the Obamacare 'tax' ruling required the SCOTUS to rewrite the law and call what had been insisted was a "penalty", a "tax", in order for Roberts to uphold it, and that was done in the face of the Constitution, because the "tax" originated in the Senate, and revenue measures are required, by the Constitution, to originate in the House.

Our Republic is broken.

Our Government has gone rogue.

And proposing that someone who has no conception of how it is supposed to work, who has demonstrated repeatedly a contempt for rules, who is after personal gain, who will disregard rules and regulations, who will use power (economic or political, the latter rented or possessed) to cheat the 'little' guy, and has callous disregard for anything but their own personal gain is not the solution to America's problems. The autocratic tendencies of both candidates, apparent desire to reserve to themselves (or assume by populist acclaim) the powers of a dictator are an increased cause for concern.

Unfortunately, that describes the Republican candidate and the Democrat candidate for POTUS this year.

Note, please, I am as much #neverhillary as #nevertrump. I don't need a "leader" to see that neither is an acceptable candidate for the job of POTUS. As I have repeatedly stated, if this was a HR decision, I'd increase the offer of pay and re-run the ad.

As imminent threats go, at least Hillary can have the opposition of a GOP Congress (for what that is worth) versus the wholehearted support of one. If you really want to slow the demise of the Republic, the less government accomplishes, the better, because it isn't going to downsize, will not relinquish power under either, and we have seen already what the 'word' of either candidate is worth. Not squat.

I will not be voting to elect either one of them, but in an admittedly desperate effort to salvage our Republic, will vote for a candidate who runs on a Party Platform based on the Constitution of these United States of America, and on that interpreted via original intent.

It is time to get back to basics, return powers not Constitutionally relegated to the Federal Government to the States and the People, to dispense with the infringement of the Rights in the Bill of Rights, and recover our Republic.

Otherwise, we won't keep it, and America will get the government it votes for, and at that point, will deserve. If your concern is saving the Republic, you'd be #nevertrump, too, otherwise you're just another firebrand going to burn the village to save it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:34:10 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2016, 09:26:48 pm »
On the important issues facing the country in 2016 Trump was the MOST CONSERVATIVE candidate running.  All the other GOP candidates including Ted Cruz were open borders globalists. You can lie and call Trump a NY liberal all day long but that does not make it true. Trump voted R in every election except 2004, in 2004 I really did not want to vote for Bush, but as an adult I just could not help John Kerry by wasting my vote on some totally irreverent third party.

Wow.  You managed to lie in every sentence.

Trump favors government control, which is traditionally a leftist ideal.
Trump voted Democrat far more often than Republican over his lifetime.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2016, 10:16:19 pm »
Well I certainly hope you will enjoy Hillary as POTUS since you are so keen to see her get elected. It is either Hillary or Trump.  Voting third party this cycle with so much on the line is not a reasonable nor an adult thing to do. For the reasons I've stated earlier in this thread. And oh in case you missed it Ted Cruz endorsed Trump and Ted Cruz will be voting for Trump.

I didn't miss it. Ted Cruz will follow his conscience, I will follow mine.

Recall, my objection to Trump (and Hillary) is based on principles, not personalities, and I continue to object to both.

Is the "adult" thing to vote for what you cannot support? No.

Is the "adult" thing to cave to the pressure of the groupthink? No.
(I have been the only one in the room who was correct on a multimillion dollar project. I am used to pressure, and it turned out I was right. I stuck to my guns, but was overruled, and what should have been an income producing asset turned out to be a loss. )

Is it the "adult thing" to go along, even when you know something is wrong? No.

Didn't your mommy ask you if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you, too?

So why are you throwing that childish argument at me in an effort to get me to do what YOU think is right?

The OOOOH ! 'Their boogeyman is gonna get you if you don't vote for OUR boogeyman' argument is old and tired.  Please stop waving that flaccid logic at me.

Consider, maybe for once the GOP Congress would MAN UP and fight against the POTUS instead of rubber-stamping everything.

In a Trump administration, those who might watch the Congress and hold their feet to the fire would grow somnolent and everything would be rubber-stamped on party lines, with the acclaim of those who are part of the cult of personality that is Trump.

Your supposition that Cruz' decision to back Trump would affect MY thinking on this exposes your particular membership in that cult, you seem to think it makes a difference to me what the person you perceive as the leader of a #nevertrump movement does, that I would follow if he decidea to back Trump.

Wrong again.

I am not playing that game. What, pray tell, is more "adult" than studying the issues, the candidates, their credibility (or lack thereof), their past records, and finding, against all 'peer pressure', silly logical games, juvenile name calling, threats (for what those are worth--meh), and personal attacks, that neither of the two major party candidates are acceptable?

What is more "adult" than having the courage of your convictions, based on principle, to stick to your guns, in the face of all of the above?

It isn't the petulant "butthurt" over how Cruz was treated during the primaries, nor that he did not prevail. He drew fire, exposing the nature of The Donald, as few others could. 

Several character traits which Trump displayed during the campaign are cause for concern, especially if extrapolated to a Global geopolitical situation, with the involvement of the single most capable military on the globe and strategic assets as well, about which he knows little and of which he has no experience. It is one thing to hurt someone's feelings without justification, quite another to start a war, and there is no reason to believe that in both instances, even when the unjust nature of either act would be exposed, that he would not continue to redouble his efforts and lie about justification. His grossly undisciplined style of communication could precipitate such an incident, as he is used to bullying his way to what he wants. Others, with nations of their own might be more resistant to that than the average subcontractor or investor has been. They have even more to lose, and represent their people and their nation's prestige on the world stage. Some would rather fight and lose than give in, and in the age of asymmetrical warfare, that could be an expensive proposition for both sides. Look at what 19 plane tickets and some box cutters can accomplish, and you start to understand.

That alone is cause enough for concern.

Trump is willing to say what people want to hear, especially to harness anger, but angry people do stupid things (which is why 'vengeance is a dish best served cold'). Well, they have (done something stupid), despite the warnings of those who would not be so manipulated.

Trump is willing to back off a position in order to garner perceived favor, or to gain benefit to himself. This is evident, not only in his political positions, but in some of his business dealings, and his contempt for investors and those he has had business relationships with is well documented in the nature of the ensuing litigation and settlements.

The information is there. pure and simple. He just doesn't pass muster.

Hillary's sins are well known. Her traits of loyalty only to self are apparent, in that she is for rent to the highest bidder, with the accumulation of money and power being her goals. Many of the victims of her machinations are well documented, mainly because they were in the public eye. With Mr. Trump, his 'dealings' are more or less out of the public eye, and his settlements with aggrieved parties are covered by NDAs which have penalty clauses which preclude publicity. His tracks aren't in the open, and are better covered, but that does not mean there are none.

Neither is acceptable. I will do the 'adult' thing. I will stick to my principles. I will not vote for patently unacceptable candidates, but someone who represents a set of beliefs in alignment with my own.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2016, 10:43:44 pm »
You were doing okay with the stock lesser evil argument. I've heard it all before and it is singularly unconvincing at this point, but here, you went completely off the rails.

Movement, schmovement. The only person central to the "#nevertrump" is each and every individual who recognizes that Trump is not fit for the office. There is no leader. If there is a "movement", it is only because there are a lot of people heading in the same direction with this, who all agree, independently, for whatever reason(s), that Trump is not fit for the job. So let's get that straight. There is no leader of the #nevertrump "movement" any more than the T.E.A. party was a national political Party.
A large and undefined number of people who are #nevertrump were Cruz supporters in the primary, not all, but a lot, but the concept that appears to elude not only you but most of the passengers on the 'Trump Train, is that #nevertrump doesn't necessarily mean pro-Cruz, although that oversimplified dichotomy (Cruz vs Trump) is the meme that pro-Trump people have been pushing as a reason to hate Cruz since the convention. It is false, but that never stopped Trump people from pushing a concept, no matter how flawed.

No matter what he does, personally, it still does not change the facts, the record of behaviours both prior to the candidacy of Donald Trump, nor after he declared, which in the eyes of prospective voters render Trump as unsuitable for high office as Hillary.
What you don't seem to get, but is an observable phenomenon to the student of recent history, is that in general, the US Federal Government has managed to accumulate more and an increasingly broad scope of power over every facet of American life.

If Democrats are in control, those programs which strip the working class of assets and redistribute those to others are emplaced, and certain essential industries are placed under government control through the burden of regulation, but defense is given the appearance of languishing and law enforcement efforts are put on the back burner. Giveaways are increased to mollify the party voter base. Large numbers of people from elsewhere are imported, often illegally, and often with predictably bad results vis-a-vis crime and even terror activities.

When the backlash comes, and it does as surely as the other foot falling when one is walking, the GOP gains some modicum of control, Defense and Law enforcement take priority, and government power is increased through demands for security and safety, while the rights of the individual are diminished, or those powers are expanded to protect Americans from some threat, commonly one which has all the probability of affecting the average American as a lifetime of lightning has of striking any given individual. Those boogeymen have included everything from random gunmen, gunmen who target political figures, airplane hijackers/bombers, perpetrators of mass homicides, terrorist bombers from the right, left, and abroad, etc.

Under the guise of keeping us all 'safe', the government has granted itself the power to seize any asset in the war on terror (your crops, livestock, vehicles, farm fuel stocks, home, cash, bank accounts, firearms, ammunition, even the cans of beanie weenies in your cupboard) should the government so decide. While these powers would ordinarily be resisted by any Conservative, it was under the Republican administration these were slipped through, in the guise of the war on terror.
Under a Democrat administration, such assets could be taken, or those powers expanded.

THe 'hayfoot, strawfoot' demise of Americans' Rights has progressed thus, with Democrats passing measures that Democrats would object to if passed by Republicans, and Republicans passing measures that would be objected to by Republicans if Democrats passed them, with the net effect that the rights of the American People are diminished, often as emergency measures, and often with the blessings, if not by popular demand of the selfsame political figures which should properly oppose them.

It is small wonder that there is little apparent functional difference in the two Parties, that political opposition within the Federal power structure, once fierce, has become little more than token pandering for pet pork barrel projects designed mollify constituents and get individuals reelected, and winning just enough minor concessions to give the appearance something has been done, right down to howling about 'drastic cuts' which only increase a particular program by half as much as initially proposed.

Neither Party is interested in anything but the consolidation of Power, unconstitutionally, by the Federal Government. Even the courts are compromised in this sense, as the Obamacare 'tax' ruling required the SCOTUS to rewrite the law and call what had been insisted was a "penalty", a "tax", in order for Roberts to uphold it, and that was done in the face of the Constitution, because the "tax" originated in the Senate, and revenue measures are required, by the Constitution, to originate in the House.

Our Republic is broken.

And proposing that someone who has no conception of how it is supposed to work, who has demonstrated repeatedly a contempt for rules, who is after personal gain, who will disregard rules and regulations, who will use power (economic or political, the latter rented or possessed) to cheat the 'little' guy, and has callous disregard for anything but their own personal gain is not the solution to America's problems. The autocratic tendencies of both candidates, apparent desire to reserve to themselves (or assume by populist acclaim) the powers of a dictator are an increased cause for concern.

Unfortunately, that describes the Republican candidate and the Democrat candidate for POTUS this year.

Note, please, I am as much #neverhillary as #nevertrump. I don't need a "leader" to see that neither is an acceptable candidate for the job of POTUS. As I have repeatedly stated, if this was a HR decision, I'd increase the offer of pay and re-run the ad.

As imminent threats go, at least Hillary can have the opposition of a GOP Congress (for what that is worth) versus the wholehearted support of one. If you really want to slow the demise of the Republic, the less government accomplishes, the better, because it isn't going to downsize, will not relinquish power under either, and we have seen already what the 'word' of either candidate is worth. Not squat.

I will not be voting to elect either one of them, but in an admittedly desperate effort to salvage our Republic, will vote for a candidate who runs on a Party Platform based on the Constitution of these United States of America, and on that interpreted via original intent.

It is time to get back to basics, return powers not Constitutionally relegated to the Federal Government to the States and the People, to dispense with the infringement of the Rights in the Bill of Rights, and recover our Republic.

Otherwise, we won't keep it, and America will get the government it votes for, and at that point, will deserve. If your concern is saving the Republic, you'd be #nevertrump, too, otherwise you're just another firebrand going to burn the village to save it.

Beyond stellar.  Most excellent.

And AMEN!

And RIGHT ON!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2016, 06:48:35 am »

Our Republic is broken.

Very well stated and it represents my thoughts too. Thank you for writing it down in detail so well.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2016, 11:36:48 am »
Wow.  You managed to lie in every sentence.

Trump favors government control, which is traditionally a leftist ideal.
Trump voted Democrat far more often than Republican over his lifetime.

All three of your assertions are untrue.

People that live in the real world understand two things.
1) Either Hillary or Trump will be elected POTUS
2) Unless you are a Globalist Marxist elite or a servant of the same (member of the Uniparty) Trump  is a vastly better choice than Hillary.

Please note how it did not take me a wall of text to make my point :)

You want tens of millions of illegals voting in the next election? Vote Hillary
You want hundreds of thousand Muslim "refugess" coming to the USA every year forever? Vote Hillary.
You want the southern border wide open and unprotected? Vote Hillary.
You want to see two, three or even four more Marxists on the Supreme Court? Vote Hillary.
You want to see more gun control, more taxes, more "hate" laws? Vote Hillary.
Or you could vote Trump and avoid all of the above.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:32:48 pm by jpsb »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2016, 01:04:33 pm »

2) Unless you are a Globalist Marxist elite or a servant of the same (member of the Uniparty) Trump  is vastly better choice than Hillary.

You want hundreds of thousand Muslim "refugess" coming to the USA every year forever? Vote Hillary.
You want to see two, three or even four more Marxists on the Supreme Court? Vote Hillary.

Agreed with all of the above and I yet I agree with just about everything negative said about Trump by the NeverTrumpers (other than he's worse than Hillary).

Offline jpsb

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2016, 01:29:52 pm »
@jpsb

I made my choice a long time ago, and it was easy.  I refuse to vote for either of those statist dumpster fires.

I swear I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I hear people say that Trump isn't an "elite" or a "globalist."  Three short years ago he was calling for a world without borders and a completely global society.

@CatherineofAragon

Someone once said "Demographics is history" and they were correct. Ever since LBJ the Marxist/Globalists that control our government (Ds and Rs) have been flooding the country with third world migrants/refugees that have no interest in assimilation and do not share our values or our culture. If we do not solve this demographic problem this election cycle the country you and I know is finished. There will be "no next time". This is it. It's the bottom of the ninth with two outs.

Donald Trump has made solving our demographic problem the center piece of his campaign. So at least with Trump there is reason to hope, with Hillary it's game over lights out. Kiss the country and it's constitution good-bye.

I get it that you do not like Trump but at least give the country one last chance to survive as a constitutional republic by voting Trump.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2016, 02:32:36 pm »
Very well stated and it represents my thoughts too. Thank you for writing it down in detail so well.

So you will get this instead
Hillary Clinton Cannot Stop Telling Lies

Download PDF
Hillary Clinton Even Lies About Lying

To view the full backgrounder on Hillary Clinton's lies, click here

LIE #1: CLINTON PUBLICLY BLAMED A YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR THE BENGHAZI TERRORIST ATTACK, WHILE PRIVATELY ACKNOWLEDGING THAT IT “HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FILM”

LIE #2: CLINTON HAS PUBLICLY TOUTED THE RUSSIAN “RESET” WHILE PRIVATELY ADMITTING IT WAS A FAILURE

LIE #3: CLINTON HAS TRIED TO REWRITE THE HISTORY OF HER POLICY TOWARDS SYRIA

LIE #4: CLINTON IS “UNCREDIBLE” WHEN IT COMES TO BASHAR AL-ASSAD

LIE #5: CLINTON FALSELY CLAIMED THAT EMAILS FROM SIDNEY BLUMENTHAL WERE “UNSOLICITED,” WHEN IN FACT, CLINTON TREATED HIM AS A SECRET, OFF-THE-BOOKS ADVISER

LIE #6: CLINTON TRIED TO DOWNPLAY AND MISLEAD ABOUT HER VOTE TO AUTHORIZE THE WAR IN IRAQ

LIE #7: CLINTON ADMITTED SHE VOTED AGAINST THE IRAQ SURGE PURELY FOR POLITICAL REASONS

LIE #8: CLINTON’S ATTITUDE TOWARDS OUTSOURCING DEPENDS ON WHO IS LISTENING

LIE #9: BEYOND JUST HER CONFLICTING RHETORIC, CLINTON CONTRIBUTED TO THE OUTSOURCING OF AMERICAN JOBS HERSELF

LIE #10: CLINTON HAS SHARPLY CRITICIZED SUPREME COURT CAMPAIGN FINANCE RULINGS BUT IS ACTIVELY USING THEM TO RAISE TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

LIE #11: CLINTON’S SUPER PAC HYPOCRISY

LIE #12: CLINTON’S PAST RHETORIC ON PUBLIC CAMPAIGN FINANCING REFORM NEVER RECONCILED WITH HER RECORD IN THE SENATE

LIE #13: CLINTON HAS BEEN CALLED OUT FOR CREATING AN “ABSURD” CLAIM ABOUT HER OPPOSITION TO MIDDLE-CLASS TAXES

LIE #14: CLINTON HAS INTRODUCED A NEW PLAN FOR THE ESTATE TAX WHICH CLOSES “LOOPHOLES,” BUT DOESN’T ADDRESS THE ONE HER FAMILY IS EXPLOITING

LIE #15: CLINTON BROKE BILL’S PLEDGE ABOUT NOT USING A “BROAD-BASED” TAX HIKE TO PAY FOR “HILLARYCARE”

LIE #16: CLINTON WAS FOR FRACKING BEFORE SHE WAS AGAINST IT

LIE #17: CLINTON HAS IGNORED HER PAST SUPPORT OF OFFSHORE DRILLING IN THE ARCTIC TO BOLSTER HER ENVIRONMENTAL CREDENTIALS

LIE #18: AS A CANDIDATE, CLINTON SAYS OPPOSES NEW DRILLING OFF AMERICA’S SHORES, BUT AS SECRETARY OF STATE HER ACTIONS SUPPORTED NEW DRILLING

LIE #19: CLINTON TAKES DIFFERENT POSITIONS ON QUESTIONING JUDICIAL NOMINEES

LIE #20: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF NUMBER OF DEVICES SHE USED

LIE #21: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON TURNING OVER ALL OF HER WORK RELATED EMAIL

LIE #22: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON TRANSMITTING CLASSIFIED INFORMATION AT THE TIME OF SENDING OR RECEIVING

LIE #23: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF WHETHER THERE WAS MARKED CLASSIFIED MATERIAL ON HER SERVER

LIE #24: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF HER SECRET SERVER BEING VULNERABLE TO HACKERS

LIE #25: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF SHE AND HER AIDES DELETING AND WIPING DEVICES

LIE #26: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON WHETHER OR NOT SHE HAD THE AUTHORITY TO SET UP HER OWN SERVER

LIE #27: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE ISSUE OF WHETHER SHE EMAILED PEOPLE WITHOUT A PROPER SECURITY CLEARANCE

LIE #28: LAST YEAR, CLINTON “DUSTED OFF” A CLAIM THAT SHE TRIED TO JOIN THE MARINES IN 1975, BUT WAS REJECTED

LIE #29: NOT EVEN A WEEK INTO HER CAMPAIGN KICKOFF, CLINTON WAS CAUGHT TELLING A FALSEHOOD ABOUT HER FAMILY HISTORY IN IOWA

LIE #30: PANDERING TO VOTERS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, CLINTON CLAIMED THE FIRST TIME SHE EVER CAMPAIGNED FOR ANYONE WAS IN THAT STATE IN 1991

LIE #31: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON CLAIMED SHE CAME UNDER SNIPER FIRE IN BOSNIA

LIE #32: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON EMBELLISHED HER ROLE DURING NORTHERN IRELAND’S PEACE NEGOTIATIONS

LIE #33: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON TOOK LIBERTIES WHEN DESCRIBING A TRIP TO MACEDONIA SHE MADE AS FIRST LADY

LIE #34: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON OVERSTATED HER TRAVEL SCHEDULE AS FIRST LADY, IMPLYING SHE TRAVELED TO DANGEROUS AREAS

LIE #35: CLINTON HAS EVEN EMBELLISHED HER STORY OF THE BIN LADEN RAID

LIE #36: AS FIRST LADY, CLINTON CLAIMED SHE WAS NAMED AFTER EDMUND HILLARY, THE FIRST PERSON TO CLIMB MOUNT EVEREST

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2016, 03:11:47 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Someone once said "Demographics is history" and they were correct. Ever since LBJ the Marxist/Globalists that control our government (Ds and Rs) have been flooding the country with third world migrants/refugees that have no interest in assimilation and do not share our values or our culture. If we do not solve this demographic problem this election cycle the country you and I know is finished. There will be "no next time". This is it. It's the bottom of the ninth with two outs.

Donald Trump has made solving our demographic problem the center piece of his campaign. So at least with Trump there is reason to hope, with Hillary it's game over lights out. Kiss the country and it's constitution good-bye.

I get it that you do not like Trump but at least give the country one last chance to survive as a constitutional republic by voting Trump.

@jpsb

Like I said, three short years ago Trump wrote an op-ed for CNN calling for a borderless global society.  His initial response to the Syrian refugee issue was to say that we need to take our share of them; then someone told him he needed to walk it back.  He and his campaign have already backtracked on the wall.

If Trump's mouth is moving, he's lying.  You have absolutely no basis to believe anything he says.  The man is a skillful con artist with a long history of telling people what they want to hear.

One man cannot "save" America, especially when he is the antithesis of all of the values we hold, and abysmally ignorant, as well.   Our strength is in God and in the Constitution, not in cults of personality that prostrate themselves before a mess of a human being and expect him to deliver them.

HonestJohn

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2016, 03:35:22 pm »

2) Unless you are a Globalist Marxist elite or a servant of the same (member of the Uniparty) Trump  is a vastly better choice than Hillary.

Nothing you wrote addresses the rebuttal I made.

HonestJohn

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Irish, Italians, Germans, Eastern Europeans, Japanese, and Chinese immigrated from what were all considered third-world countries at the time their respective waves took place.

I don't think you mean "third-world country" when you type "third-world country".
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:40:41 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2016, 04:16:10 pm »
@jpsb

Like I said, three short years ago Trump wrote an op-ed for CNN calling for a borderless global society.  His initial response to the Syrian refugee issue was to say that we need to take our share of them; then someone told him he needed to walk it back.  He and his campaign have already backtracked on the wall.

If Trump's mouth is moving, he's lying.  You have absolutely no basis to believe anything he says.  The man is a skillful con artist with a long history of telling people what they want to hear.

One man cannot "save" America, especially when he is the antithesis of all of the values we hold, and abysmally ignorant, as well.   Our strength is in God and in the Constitution, not in cults of personality that prostrate themselves before a mess of a human being and expect him to deliver them.

@CatherineofAragon

You could be right about Trump and then again you might be wrong. He 'walked" back that Syrian refugee thing in less then 24 hours. He's got Jeff Sessions advising him and Jeff Session is very good on all things relating to migration. But everyone knows that Hillary will be Obama on steroids  and the country will not survive her as POTUS. I think it is far wiser to take a chance with Trump than to see Hillary turn the USA into a Marxist Globalist oligarchy. And there is no doubt in anyones' mind that that is exactly what Hillary will do. The nation will not survive Hillary but it might survive Trump. Ergo voting Trump is IMHO the sensible thing to do.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »
Nothing you wrote addresses the rebuttal I made.

@HonestJohn

You wrote

Wow.  You managed to lie in every sentence. (Not true)

Trump favors government control, which is traditionally a leftist ideal. (meaningless without specifics)

Trump voted Democrat far more often than Republican over his lifetime. (not true, Trump was a registered Republican from 1980 except for a brief period in 2004-2006 when he became fed up George W Bush. I also left the GOP during Bush's second term so I completely understand why Trump did too).

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2016, 04:40:57 pm »

NONE OF US ARE VOTING FOR HILLARY.

I'M NOT VOTING FOR TRUMP.

POUND SAND DUDE.

You're on your own to get your lifelong megalomaniacal NY Liberal Democrat running as a Republican on the throne.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »
@HonestJohn

You wrote

Wow.  You managed to lie in every sentence. (Not true)

Trump favors government control, which is traditionally a leftist ideal. (meaningless without specifics)

Trump voted Democrat far more often than Republican over his lifetime. (not true, Trump was a registered Republican from 1980 except for a brief period in 2004-2006 when he became fed up George W Bush. I also left the GOP during Bush's second term so I completely understand why Trump did too).

Most of those were General election ballots. None of those ballots for the General elections indicates how he voted, regardless of party registration.

When he voted with his checkbook, it was for Liberals.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2016, 05:04:02 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

You could be right about Trump and then again you might be wrong. He 'walked" back that Syrian refugee thing in less then 24 hours. He's got Jeff Sessions advising him and Jeff Session is very good on all things relating to migration. But everyone knows that Hillary will be Obama on steroids  and the country will not survive her as POTUS. I think it is far wiser to take a chance with Trump than to see Hillary turn the USA into a Marxist Globalist oligarchy. And there is no doubt in anyones' mind that that is exactly what Hillary will do. The nation will not survive Hillary but it might survive Trump. Ergo voting Trump is IMHO the sensible thing to do.

@jpsb, all during the campaign Trump's practice has been to let his liberal impulses slip out and then walk them back once his staff gets hold of him.   That's not supposition or speculation; it's what he's done.  Hell, last July he admitted that he was a Democrat in a lot of ways.  That alone, right there, should have been enough for Republicans and conservatves to dump him.  Then there was his recent admission that he doesn't care if the Senate goes Democratic.  Digest that for a moment.  Would we accept that from any other Republican candidate?  And yet, because it's Trump, and because people invest him with the qualities they want him to have, it's ignored and passed over.  That's the man we expect will appoint decent judges to the court?  Come on.

As bad as Hillary is--and she's bad, no doubt about it---I don't think her friend/donor/defender Trump would be an improvement.  I don't think Clinton is some mythical Godzilla we must all cower before because no one else could EVER be such a disaster.  Well, yes, someone can be, and he's running against her.

I see zero wisdom in supporting an unstable, amoral, shockingly ignorant man like Trump.  When we abandon our values out of desperation and turn to such an individual, thinking he'll save us, we're screwed as a country.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2016, 05:51:47 pm »
@jpsb, all during the campaign Trump's practice has been to let his liberal impulses slip out and then walk them back once his staff gets hold of him.   That's not supposition or speculation; it's what he's done.  Hell, last July he admitted that he was a Democrat in a lot of ways.  That alone, right there, should have been enough for Republicans and conservatves to dump him.  Then there was his recent admission that he doesn't care if the Senate goes Democratic.  Digest that for a moment.  Would we accept that from any other Republican candidate?  And yet, because it's Trump, and because people invest him with the qualities they want him to have, it's ignored and passed over.  That's the man we expect will appoint decent judges to the court?  Come on.

You are wasting your time attempting to reason with someone wrapped up in a cult of personality.  We saw and understood all those things you mentioned, but these Trump people willfully ignored it and instead, heap upon their prince's shoulders all their hope and change and dreams they can ascribe to him - same as the Marxist Left lofted upon Obama back in 2008.

I see zero wisdom in supporting an unstable, amoral, shockingly ignorant man like Trump.  When we abandon our values out of desperation and turn to such an individual, thinking he'll save us, we're screwed as a country.

A nation could survive an Obama, a Hillary or a Trump.

It cannot survive the millions who make such people their princes and monarchs.

And that is what this people have done, all while the Republic has been erased under their noses.  But they do not care.  They have a king or queen they believe is going to save them, and the country.

So, you are correct to say we are screwed.  Royally.

We are become as it was during the period of the Judges in Ancient Israel - and their selection of wicked rulers waxed worse and worse until their absolute destruction erased them from history.

Well, history is repeating.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:53:38 pm by INVAR »

Silver Pines

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2016, 07:12:38 pm »
@INVAR

Yes, I agree...for some time now I've believed this country is under judgment---hence Trump.

But @jpsb and I got along fairly well at TOS, as I recall, even though we disagreed at times.  He can correct me if I'm wrong.  I don't believe anyone's mind is going to be changed at this point, but I appreciate having a place where we can debate without having to worry about someone bellowing like a retarded bull,"Up yours, get the hell out."

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2016, 07:39:12 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
"I see zero wisdom in supporting an unstable, amoral, shockingly ignorant man like Trump.  When we abandon our values out of desperation and turn to such an individual, thinking he'll save us, we're screwed as a country."

You are correct.  History shows when a country is in trouble, it will inferably turn to a dictator to right the wrongs.  Trump is the dictator unwise people are choosing.  They can't see he is defective to the max and will treat foreign country's leaders as he does anyone who crosses him.  That will take us to war and I totally believe that.  That guy in North Korea with working nuclear bombs is just waiting to unleash those on this country and he has submarines ready to deliver them to our west coast. Pakistan has nuclear bombs, too. Iran can get nuclear bombs from North Korea now, and the Iranian leaders want this country called the "Big Satan" destroyed by nuclear bombs.  Trump's mouth will make this happen.

You are among the ones who can see what will happen if he is president.  For me, I hate to see the White House front covered in gold leaf and the TRUMP HOUSE sign on the top blinking on and off in blinding lights. 

We have Bob's two adult kids here and one is an atheist liberal to the left of Stalin and the other one is a severe conservative Christian.  So far, they haven't killed each other.  Politics and religion is off the menu.  :nometalk:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2016, 08:05:12 pm »

As bad as Hillary is--and she's bad, no doubt about it---I don't think her friend/donor/defender Trump would be an improvement.  I don't think Clinton is some mythical Godzilla we must all cower before because no one else could EVER be such a disaster.  Well, yes, someone can be, and he's running against her.

I kindof understand where you are coming from. I just could not bring myself to vote McCain in 08, even with Sarah on the ticket. I knew McCain was a warmongering amnesty pimp so I went 3rd party in 08. But after 4 years of Obama I voted for total lying phony Romney. Today I would crawl accross broken glass to keep Hillary out of the White House. Hillary is evil, Hillary is corrupt, Hillary is a tool of the Marxist Globalist elites that are determined to destroy the USA as a Constitutional Republic.

I have been around a long time and not since LBJ have I seen the level of evil that Hillary will bring to the White House. Paraphrasing dante's inferno "abandon all hope should Hillary defeat Donald Trump"

However I do respect that you at least have real reasons backed up by facts but I think you are missing just how horrible things will be under madame President.

It really pisses me off that JR booted me from FR and now I have to take on the NeverTrumperd all by myself. LOL  ;)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:05:57 pm by jpsb »

HonestJohn

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2016, 08:16:20 pm »
I understand you are a NeverTrumper so you get Hillary and all the horrible things Hillary will do to the country. You own Hillary if Hillary wins. Should Trump lose a close election conservatives and grass roots republicans will be hunting Never Trumpers with dogs. That is until Hillary takes all the guns away.

Threats to kill now...

Offline jpsb

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2016, 08:17:09 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
"I see zero wisdom in supporting an unstable, amoral, shockingly ignorant man like Trump.  When we abandon our values out of desperation and turn to such an individual, thinking he'll save us, we're screwed as a country."

You are correct.  History shows when a country is in trouble, it will inferably turn to a dictator to right the wrongs.  Trump is the dictator unwise people are choosing.  They can't see he is defective to the max and will treat foreign country's leaders as he does anyone who crosses him.  That will take us to war and I totally believe that.  That guy in North Korea with working nuclear bombs is just waiting to unleash those on this country and he has submarines ready to deliver them to our west coast. Pakistan has nuclear bombs, too. Iran can get nuclear bombs from North Korea now, and the Iranian leaders want this country called the "Big Satan" destroyed by nuclear bombs.  Trump's mouth will make this happen.

You are among the ones who can see what will happen if he is president.  For me, I hate to see the White House front covered in gold leaf and the TRUMP HOUSE sign on the top blinking on and off in blinding lights. 

We have Bob's two adult kids here and one is an atheist liberal to the left of Stalin and the other one is a severe conservative Christian.  So far, they haven't killed each other.  Politics and religion is off the menu.  :nometalk:

How many wars has Trump gotten us into? Hillary on the other hand helped get us into Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, and who knows how many others. Hillary helped arm and train ISIS! Hillary left her people to die in Bengaza. Hillary (and Bill) have been selling (for profit) this nation out for decades!
Do you really want to see Hillary elected?

HonestJohn

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2016, 08:23:27 pm »
How many wars has Trump gotten us into? Hillary on the other hand helped get us into Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, and who knows how many others. Hillary helped arm and train ISIS! Hillary left her people to die in Bengaza. Hillary (and Bill) have been selling (for profit) this nation out for decades!
Do you really want to see Hillary elected?

The Secretary of State commands US military forces in your world?

Did ISIS exist at the time of Benghazi?

Who is the leader of America and of the people employed in the Executive branch of government, the President or the Secratary of State?  Who sets policy?  You are stating that Secretary of State Clinton did so.

Funny, I thought it was Obama.

Why are you protecting Obama's reputation by blaming one of his flunkies?