Author Topic: A Trump campaign chair in Ohio says there was 'no racism' before Obama  (Read 3743 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: A Trump campaign chair in Ohio says there was 'no racism' before Obama
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 07:42:56 pm »
What a dumb comment. In all fairness before Obama, racial tensions wasn't bad at all but President Obama has set back race relations in the country for a least 20 years.

After decades of great improvement, Obama took race relations back AT LEAST 20 years........ maybe more.

He is the most racist President in our lifetime............. other than fellow leftist LBJ.

She could have easily said that........ .that Obama has made things worse.  But to say that there was "no racism" before Obama is literally moronic.  Besides being completely false.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 07:46:50 pm »
Gotta disagree with you there.   Minorities of all colors tend to group together.  Implying that her area was white because they were racist ignores the complexity of this issue.  Certainly racism has existed all the way back to Old Testament times.

However, Obama has made it much much worse here in the US.   It seems as if our glorious leader who led such a difficult life in Hawaii as a young immigrant.  Before he attended Columbia of course.   Had a very difficult life and wants some payback by starting a racewar.

Of course that racewar will allow him to federalize the police and possibly delay/cancel the election.

At that point in time, laws were in place that allowed/supported racial and religious profiling with regards to home purchases.  Banks would not lend to 'colored' folk.  Realtors would not sell to 'colored'.  Both would ask the religion of the applicant on their forms.

Segregation was not simply a choice made by the individual, but was a choice *forced* upon them.

The same existed with colleges and hospitals.  Black colleges existed because most other colleges would not allow blacks to attend.  The best hospitals ended up being Jewish hospitals, because Christian hospitals would not admit Jews.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 07:49:34 pm »
It's not whether racism existed, obviously there's been racism since humans existed. The question is how much did racism affect black Americans then and now?
You can go to black writers/academics like Thomas Sowell who have argued that black pathologies and liberalism have harmed blacks far more than racism in the last fifty years.  By the mid sixties even Klan violence was tailing off considerably especially after national outrage over the '63 bombing that killed four black girls and the '64 murders of the civil rights workers in Mississippi. The Klan is now a shadow of itself and has been for decades.
But black underachievement in school and staggering rates of crime continues to plague blacks far more than the residual white racism left over from before the civil rights era.

HonestJohn

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 07:54:39 pm »
It's not whether racism existed, obviously there's been racism since humans existed. The question is how much did racism affect black Americans then and now?
You can go to black writers/academics like Thomas Sowell who have argued that black pathologies and liberalism have harmed blacks far more than racism in the last fifty years.  By the mid sixties even Klan violence was tailing off considerably especially after national outrage over the '63 bombing that killed four black girls and the '64 murders of the civil rights workers in Mississippi. The Klan is now a shadow of itself and has been for decades.
But black underachievement in school and staggering rates of crime continues to plague blacks far more than the residual white racism left over from before the civil rights era.

The Klan is experiencing a resurgence in growth this election cycle.  I think it was Duke that called Trump the most effective recruiting tool the Klan has had for decades.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2016, 07:54:50 pm »

Youngstown was a Democrat city for as long as I can remember.

I agree that it is liberal policies that are responsible for most of the problems blacks face (going back to Democrat pro-slavery, Jim Crow policies).

But the Klan still exists, even in Ohio, and saying that there was no racism before Obama is bizarre.

But Trump-like.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 08:34:31 pm »
If you have to ask why mocking another race is racist, you're not what we call "educable."

While the left has used and abused racism to their political advantage, to deny that it exists is just stupid.

Asking why "blackface"  is considered racist is not denying that racism exists.

Whoopi  thought it was pretty funny when she was dating Ted Danson.    (That's him there in the blackface.) :)

People need to lighten up.  The only reason this stuff has the power to hurt people is because they *GIVE*  it the power to hurt people.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2016, 08:39:12 pm »
After decades of great improvement, Obama took race relations back AT LEAST 20 years........ maybe more.

He is the most racist President in our lifetime............. other than fellow leftist LBJ.

She could have easily said that........ .that Obama has made things worse.  But to say that there was "no racism" before Obama is literally moronic.  Besides being completely false.

You are chopping too hard on the trees to recognize the forest to which she was referring. 

She chose her words poorly,  but I,  and I think most others grasped what she was trying to say. 

She was saying that  mostly blacks and whites in America were getting along until Obama came along and made everything about race;   Before Obama came along and deliberately stirred up a great deal of racial animosity between blacks and whites. 

From what I have seen,  that is exactly true. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »

Asking why "blackface"  is considered racist is not denying that racism exists.

Whoopi  thought it was pretty funny when she was dating Ted Danson.    (That's him there in the blackface.) :)

People need to lighten up.  The only reason this stuff has the power to hurt people is because they *GIVE*  it the power to hurt people.

And I should be influenced by Whoopi, exactly WHY???

I take the sin of racism seriously, as I do other sins.  And feel no need to "lighten up" about any of it.

It's easy for you to say it has no power to hurt people, but if you're a kid growing up being mocked because of your color, you might see things differently.

I don't believe in mocking anyone, and it doesn't matter if Ted Danson gets away with it.

He's a leftist, and they've been the worst perpetrators of racism for centuries.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 08:44:00 pm »

You are chopping too hard on the trees to recognize the forest to which she was referring. 

She chose her words poorly,  but I,  and I think most others grasped what she was trying to say. 

She was saying that  mostly blacks and whites in America were getting along until Obama came along and made everything about race;   Before Obama came along and deliberately stirred up a great deal of racial animosity between blacks and whites. 

From what I have seen,  that is exactly true.

I don't know how you can be so sure that she just "chose her words poorly."  Someone who has thought about the subject, and who knows the truth isn't going to say something that drastically wrong.

I think we ALL know that Obama has exacerbated racial tensions.  If that's what she meant, that's what she should have said.

I doubt that she meant that.  I have no reason to believe that she didn't mean exactly what she said, and that she's a moron.

She's apparently imitating her hero, Donald, who also has never thought about anything, and makes stupid pronouncements in areas where he is completely ignorant.

This is a trend in the Trump campaign, and making excuses for it doesn't make you look very perceptive.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »
At that point in time, laws were in place that allowed/supported racial and religious profiling with regards to home purchases.

Banks would not lend to 'colored' folk.  Realtors would not sell to 'colored'.  Both would ask the religion of the applicant on their forms.

Segregation was not simply a choice made by the individual, but was a choice *forced* upon them.

I'm throwing a flag here.  I call bullsh*t.    That the "system"  was deliberately discriminatory against blacks in housing loans is not even slightly true.   It was discriminatory against making loans to people who did not have a good probability of paying them back,  (meaning with insufficient income)  and it was discriminatory against making loans for houses which were located in high crime areas. 

Middle class black folk who were buying or building in average neighborhoods had no troubles getting loans.   

This argument that the loan practices of banks was discriminatory came from Jimmy the stupid F***ing dumb@$$  Carter.    Bill Clinton regurgitated this crap when he became President in 1992,  (Thanks again George F***ing HW Bush!)   and Bill Clinton was the one that *CAUSED*  the massive housing meltdown by using the power of government to change the banks'  lending practices for home loans. 

See this video. 

https://youtu.be/1RZVw3no2A4

Funny thing was,  this governmental policy was greatly enriching for all the Wall Street cronies of the Democrat party.   It's almost as if the actual goal was to funnel government money into Democrat Donor pockets instead of actually doing anything in the best interest of the Nation.   

Government manipulation distorted the entire market and convinced a bunch of people to buy homes way beyond what they could afford.   My best friend at the time was black,  and he and his wife bought a house that was *FAR* too expensive for their income level,  and I told him so at the time.   

I told him he was crazy to buy such a large house (it was really nice,  nearly a McMansion)  on his salary as a Teacher and her salary as a supervisor of a Makeup section of a department store.   And then they bought new cars?    Each?   

I told him repeatedly that he was *WAY* overextended in his finances,  but they lived pretty good for a few  years...  till the bottom fell out of everything and their Adjustable rate mortgage  started biting. 

They lost everything.   They  lost the house,  they lost the cars,  and he eventually lost his job. 

He's got another one now,  incidentally in Charlotte North Carolina where all the riots are currently occurring. 

Watch the video. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 09:09:41 pm »
And I should be influenced by Whoopi, exactly WHY???

I take the sin of racism seriously, as I do other sins.  And feel no need to "lighten up" about any of it.

It's easy for you to say it has no power to hurt people, but if you're a kid growing up being mocked because of your color, you might see things differently.

I don't believe in mocking anyone, and it doesn't matter if Ted Danson gets away with it.

He's a leftist, and they've been the worst perpetrators of racism for centuries.

This kid dressed up as his favorite "football" Hero,  Nic Naitanui.  (What passes for football in the rest of the world.)   

Racist little Bastard.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2016, 09:13:34 pm »

This kid dressed up as his favorite "football" Hero,  Nic Naitanui.  (What passes for football in the rest of the world.)   

Racist little Bastard.

Your point?

No matter what you're trying to say, nothing negates the truth that racism exists, and that it DID exist in Mahoning County, Ohio in the 1960's.

I'm not sure why you're twisting yourself in knots to make a pointless point.....

The stupid woman who made this stupid comment has resigned.

Though she does reflect the brainlessness of the Trump campaign, I'm glad they at least had the presence of mind to get rid of this idiot.

It's rather out of the ordinary for the Trump clan.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2016, 09:31:42 pm »

I was hoping for a response with less dogma in it. 

I can see now that I shouldn't have bothered with this conversation. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2016, 09:34:03 pm »
I was hoping for a response with less dogma in it. 

I can see now that I shouldn't have bothered with this conversation.

Well, then, you should have posted something more substantive, leaving out the photos of Whoopi Goldberg as a role model for me.

I can have thoughtful dialogues on this subject, but not when the person posting to me is not even trying to be serious.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2016, 10:00:17 pm »
You know whats impressive folks? The raw stupidity of people telling us we have to elect Trump because he only hires/has the best people and that includes Supreme Court judges.

If Trump is so incompetent that he hires people that would put someone THIS FREAKING STUPID on staff as a campaign chair, just IMAGINE what those people will tell him to appoint for a SCJ.

Think about that. His best people hired THIS.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2016, 10:12:50 pm »
You know whats impressive folks? The raw stupidity of people telling us we have to elect Trump because he only hires/has the best people and that includes Supreme Court judges.

If Trump is so incompetent that he hires people that would put someone THIS FREAKING STUPID on staff as a campaign chair, just IMAGINE what those people will tell him to appoint for a SCJ.

Ooooh........ good point, Norm. 

If this woman is the best they can do for this itty bitty job, how much bigger are they going to fail when it comes to the major decisions.

HonestJohn

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2016, 02:08:17 am »

I'm throwing a flag here.  I call bullsh*t.    That the "system"  was deliberately discriminatory against blacks in housing loans is not even slightly true.   It was discriminatory against making loans to people who did not have a good probability of paying them back,  (meaning with insufficient income)  and it was discriminatory against making loans for houses which were located in high crime areas. 

Middle class black folk who were buying or building in average neighborhoods had no troubles getting loans.   

This argument that the loan practices of banks was discriminatory came from Jimmy the stupid F***ing dumb@$$  Carter.    Bill Clinton regurgitated this crap when he became President in 1992,  (Thanks again George F***ing HW Bush!)   and Bill Clinton was the one that *CAUSED*  the massive housing meltdown by using the power of government to change the banks'  lending practices for home loans. 

See this video. 

Funny thing was,  this governmental policy was greatly enriching for all the Wall Street cronies of the Democrat party.   It's almost as if the actual goal was to funnel government money into Democrat Donor pockets instead of actually doing anything in the best interest of the Nation.   

Government manipulation distorted the entire market and convinced a bunch of people to buy homes way beyond what they could afford.   My best friend at the time was black,  and he and his wife bought a house that was *FAR* too expensive for their income level,  and I told him so at the time.   

I told him he was crazy to buy such a large house (it was really nice,  nearly a McMansion)  on his salary as a Teacher and her salary as a supervisor of a Makeup section of a department store.   And then they bought new cars?    Each?   

I told him repeatedly that he was *WAY* overextended in his finances,  but they lived pretty good for a few  years...  till the bottom fell out of everything and their Adjustable rate mortgage  started biting. 

They lost everything.   They  lost the house,  they lost the cars,  and he eventually lost his job. 

He's got another one now,  incidentally in Charlotte North Carolina where all the riots are currently occurring. 

Watch the video.

Ahem.

Just one example.

http://www.bostonfairhousing.org/timeline/1934-1968-FHA-Redlining.html

As for religious quotas for Jews in US universities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_antisemitism_in_the_United_States#Discrimination_in_education_and_professions
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:14:18 am by HonestJohn »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 02:24:28 pm »
The Klan is experiencing a resurgence in growth this election cycle.  I think it was Duke that called Trump the most effective recruiting tool the Klan has had for decades.
How large is this "resurgence"? I haven't seen anything in the news to indicate such a thing other than a very small increase. Certainly, all the media outlets would be jumping up and down, screaming and yelling if the Klan was making a major comeback. They're still just a very small, pathetic group of losers like Duke.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »
Youngstown was a Democrat city for as long as I can remember.

I agree that it is liberal policies that are responsible for most of the problems blacks face (going back to Democrat pro-slavery, Jim Crow policies).

But the Klan still exists, even in Ohio, and saying that there was no racism before Obama is bizarre.

But Trump-like.
Liberal policies have surely exacerbated the problem, but many of the problems  of blacks, like people of other races, lies within themselves. There are millions of white people who fail daily due to their own inadequacies. To blame liberals for all black pathologies ignores the inherent weaknesses all people possess.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 02:40:51 pm »

See this video. 

Watch the video.
Yes. Even many "conservatives" blame the people in the lending industry for the meltdown, but they were like the people who, at gunpoint,  gave the keys to the car and a bottle of liquor to the teenagers and told them to have a good time.
Certainly, a number of people in the banking industry were crooks and knew they were passing on rotten derivatives and other banking things I don't understand to people who accepted them in good faith. Those bankers should be prosecuted. But if not for the Clinton and Reno gang, none of that would have happened.
There was no redlining.  Whites with poor credit ratings were turned down at the same rate as blacks and other minorities with similar poor ratings. Why would lending institutions turn down loans to black people who had good credit ratings and were good risks? They wouldn't. Even if the lender was racist, nobody is going to turn down a chance to make money because they don't like the color of the people they're dealing with.
 The whole racism against black people is hogwash. Blacks were turned down at higher rates than other groups because on average they were worse risks than other groups.
Once again we can find the seeds of a disaster within the corrupt and rotten minds of liberals who ruin everything they touch.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 02:51:31 pm »

Whenever Dems nominate some shmuck for president, all of a sudden that person is the smartest person who ever existed. Nobody has ever come close to the genius of this clown er Dem candidate. So they tell us. For as long as I can remember from Carter to Obama every Dem candidate was judged to be of superior intellect too good for the average American. And of course all Pubbie candidates were all troglodytes barely smart enough to conduct an intelligible  conversation at grade school levels.
Now the Trumpsters have convinced themselves that Trump is the smartest person who ever existed and will solve every single problem afflicting the country in his first term. Maybe even his first month in office.
Normally sane conservatives have gone gaga over this conman believing he has magical powers unavailable to mere mortals.
Where did we hear this kind of talk before? Oh yes, from all the liberals who convinced themselves that King Barack was the greatest genius who ever existed and would solve all their problems.
This just shows there are plenty of gullible fools on both sides of the political aisle.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 07:12:58 pm »
Liberal policies have surely exacerbated the problem, but many of the problems  of blacks, like people of other races, lies within themselves. There are millions of white people who fail daily due to their own inadequacies. To blame liberals for all black pathologies ignores the inherent weaknesses all people possess.

Absolutely.  White people enslaved by leftist policies are just as weak and helpless as blacks.   It's just that the inner cities are made up of large numbers of blacks, and leftist policies have kept them there.